#1 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

I understand that JNPG is not the priority anymore and all the development is into JNPG 2 but how hard would it be to fix the meter at least.  The vanishing meter has always been a problem and getting worse but the meter itself is so unstable its getting beyond playable even with pause rendering on.  I shouldnt have to click the spot 3 or 4 times to get the meter to show up on the screen and that is an issue with both 3C and MS.  I went back to MS for the purpose of avoiding the stutturing and pauses with 3C but have to constantly click to get a meter to show anyway with MS.  Again I understand this is game is not a priority but please at least fix that.  Just venting.

• GoldenBear likes this

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

i myself don't see any of what you are posting, i did have that having to bump the cams for the 

meter to show up, but only while using a controller i think that is where the problem is. as i am now just using my mouse

and the game plays the smoothest it has for me.

try playing a little with your mouse and see if it stops

• fungolfer likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Dave I only play wi5h a mouse as to me it's the only way to play 3C that I am comfortable with. I am not the only one noticing the meter not being right lately as others have said the same.

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

who knows just taking a guess at it, but as i posted NP here

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Dave I will say this as its not with every course as I am starting to find out and here is two examples.  I just played the OGT PGA at Peachtree and not once did the meter vanish or was the meter pausing or stuttering in anyway and I played 3C at TP level.  Earlier at the PGLS PGA 18 at Cenntorian the meter was everywhere and a struggle to get it to show up on the screen and I played MS at Pro level.  My take from this is the the problem is more course specific than game specific so I could be wrong and the Devs know there is not a problem game wise but course wise.  So that leads me to the question is there something a designer does and it would be unknowingly that makes the meter be a problem?  At this point no idea and maybe grasping at straws but there has to be something to it.

• scoops100 likes this

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

A video of this happening would be a huge help!

I have never seen it happen. Not saying it isn't but a video would be helpful. :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Axe you have never seen the vanishing meter? That is a known problem and has had threads before on that issue. Oh and it's a small world as I see your an Army Vet from 79 to 85 as I am a Navy vet from 79 to 85. Small world.

#8 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sorry, I've never seen it. Works right for me every time. I use 3 click and PROS. Keep in mind I am a tester and am always on Beta but, I wouldn't think they fixed it for us and not the public.

Let me try that Cenntorian Course and report back. I take it you meant Centurian.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

I switched to the Public build .

This isn't pretty but I played 1 hole, (maybe not enough)? But, as you can see no prob with the meter.

3clik, PROS On.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#10 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

I switched to the Public build .

This isn't pretty but I played 1 hole, (maybe not enough)? But, as you can see no prob with the meter.

3clik, PROS On.

Go as close to 2'oclock as you can several times on practice drives and see what happens. Just for an experiment.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#11 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

I will try that.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Sorry folks, I tried many practice shots, regular shots and all good on my end.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#13 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

i used to have issues with the meter from time to time.
it seemed to be worse with graphically heavy courses (low FPS).
i play on a 65" TV using HDMI cable for the interface.
the fix was found when i purchased a high end 4K DVD player.
it came with high end HDMI cables...
when i installed the new HDMI cable to the PC my meter woes just disappeared.
it was a bandwidth issue between the PC and the TV.
the cable is not just a an overpriced gold plated connector cable.
look for one rated for 4k HDR 18 GPS.
it was only about $15 more than a Monster cable.
it may not fix yours, but it accidentally fixed mine.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#14 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

I thought the disappearing 3C meter was due to having your player set to left-handed.  You might want to check, Gbnc.  Or are there other conditions that also cause the meter to disappear?

• axe360 and Mulligan like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#15 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

[quote name="JoeF" post="148075" timestamp="1507936990"]I thought the disappearing 3C meter was due to having your player set to left-handed.  You might want to check, Gbnc.  Or are there other conditions that also cause the meter

Joe I will check that as I never changed it but you never know I might have by accident and will check when I get home Sunday night. This has been an issue for me most of this year and on a lot of courses so not something new with the vanishing meter for me. I will let all know what I find.

#16 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:12 AM

The meter going away (disappearing) is a long standing issue.  I have had to click on the gear icon in tools. Which takes me to start page and when i return and the meter returns.  As was stated by Rehit it seems to be related to the internet connection and low frame rates.  

I have experienced this far less now, in multiplayer, because my buddies have upgraded their PC's.  Just saying!  Not asking or telling anyone to get a new computer or better internet.  Hope the fixes others have mentioned help eliminate the problem.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#17 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

Denny that make sense with the poor internet but I have the fastest in town with North State and my PC is not at the top but nowhere the bottom and have a GTX760 card. It happens most at low fps courses as again at Peachtree it didn't happen once and certain courses it happens all the time. Now if your not playing 3C or MS this is a non issue and to be honest you pretty much have to update your PC every couple of years to keep up with modern games and that cost is getting pretty high. This is one reason games like TGC have gone to PC and Console and that is where JNPG is headed also as the cost of the console is so much less than buying or upgrading a PC. I recently bought an Xbox One S and might with next version of JNPG 2 switch to console as it's more cost effective and no worries if the PC will handle the game. I have always preferred to play golf games on the PC but times are changing and the modern console is a powerful machine today. A lot of people aren't aware that a console is usually sold around cost as the real money to the console companies is the games themselves. Times and games change and so do how we play them and in front of a 65 inch tv in your recliner is a lot more comfortable than at your desk with a mouse but IMHO not as personal.

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

had it happen once during a alt match play this morning

only once. have played 6 8 matches with the same fella and it only happened once.

host was in Holland

Klipsch Sound System

#19 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

I understand that JNPG is not the priority anymore and all the development is into JNPG 2 but how hard would it be to fix the meter at least.  The vanishing meter has always been a problem and getting worse but the meter itself is so unstable its getting beyond playable even with pause rendering on.  I shouldnt have to click the spot 3 or 4 times to get the meter to show up on the screen and that is an issue with both 3C and MS.  I went back to MS for the purpose of avoiding the stutturing and pauses with 3C but have to constantly click to get a meter to show anyway with MS.  Again I understand this is game is not a priority but please at least fix that.  Just venting.

The number one swing method used is the 3 click, therefore it should be top priority in this game to work!  I have heard that PG wants to fix it but cannot recreate the problem. 

The issue I have is why there is a problem to begin with?  Other golf games have mastered a stable 3 click meter long, long ago.  I have said many times that it keeps getting worse.  Of course it will.  Anything left broken in computer code usually becomes more unstable.

This is why I will not be buying PG 2.  If PG cannot fix the meter than they should ask a programmer in the know to do it for them.  it is not fun landing in only 14% of fairways in most rounds.

#20 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

i have seen the meter disappear from time to time but it is not during the swing.
it always pops right back up when i aim.

as far as fixing the stuttering...
that is not as easy as it may seem.
i fixed my issue accidentally with the high bandwidth cable.
the stuttering is caused by the interface between the mouse and the display.
the issue with PC bugs is very hard to decipher due to the unlimited mixture of hardware involved.
the stuttering is not a coding issue, it is a hardware issue.

as far as us getting a "programmer" to fix something for us...
since the entire code for the game was written by the team here i guess we would probably qualify as "programmers" lol.
we will certainly be happy to help resolve issues people may have, but you have to approach the problem where it lies.
it is a hardware issue.
if it was a code issue, it would happen to everyone, and it would happen almost all the time.
code doesn't selectively fail from one machine to the other.
i can install a cheap, wireless mouse and make the meter stutter...

but the code is the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users