• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:08 AM

Im trying so hard to get into this game.  I really enjoy the realism and the real courses and the tough skill level but it just feels so unfinished to me.  The lack of solo career play isn't helping my interst either.  I've just started competing in the perfect golf ladder system but there doesn't see to be any beginner type players like me.  Even though i feel disapointed after playing a round i keep coming back for more.  Just thought I would leave my thoughts.  Here's hope to a potential great golf game that doesn't depend on multiplayer and minus 50 scores.

#2 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

Have you tried TGC2 yet? It may be more to your liking.

It's been a mistake in my mind that PG has tried to do too much as it is, with options everywhere, trying to satisfy everyone's wants. Retrospectively Mac out of sheer fortune may have not been a mistake as it attracted K11, but it normally is.

The 'so unfinished' feel is purely because it doesn't match your wants. It matches our needs in the simulator world where we risk divorce to get as much of the game as we can.
  • GoldenBear likes this

#3 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:38 AM

I sort of know what you mean, mkvitz, although it isn't really a career mode for me.  I probably need to find a lot of free time to get back into the game.  (I've only played 104 or the 256 courses I have downloaded - this is reminding me of the Links days!).  It might just be computer golf burn-out, as I started playing in 1991 ..... but the last 7 or 8 years have been hit/miss (mostly miss).  PG renewed some interest for a year or two, but playing interest seems to have dwindled again for me.

I'm not sure if you were able to try either of the career mode options mentioned in the thread linked below from nearly a year ago.  I don't know what version of Excel you have, but I tried to update Grey Beard's VT for Excel 2016.  Unfortunately, I never used GBVT, so I don't really know how to fully test its functionality.  My limited testing of the update indicated all went well with the conversion for newer Excel veresions.  I think I included the courses that were available at the time in the list; obviously, many more have become available since I did the update, so it is probably out-dated.

http://www.perfectpa...-mode/?p=134017

#4 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:40 AM

Yeah I have Golf Club also and it's just too unrealistic feeling.  I prefer Perfect Golf I just need to keep practicing I guess to compete.  I hope a solo career is around the corner as I'm more of a single player fan.  Thanks for your thoughts.

#5 mkvitz89

mkvitz89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

Armand,

Yeah i've tried to get those programs to work but was unsuccessful.  I've even thought about what it would take to make my own solo career program becuase that is exactly what im looking for.  Unfortunately I don't have the programming skills to make my own and cant get the existing programs to run.. Thanks Armand

#6 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:17 AM

Make a course ?

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

You say you play ladder matches but do you play the tours as well? if you go in as amateur you will have ur own leaderboard for that level along with an overall leaderboard.  As you get better you get moved up etc, you have order of merit and various other features.  OGT and PGLS have exceptional setups, pick one or both, up to you.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

Like DoGgz says, you can tailor leaderboards to show those of the same level, gives you people to try and beat while playing solo. Just how I play the game.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#9 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

" Here's hope to a potential great golf game that doesn't depend on multiplayer and minus 50 scores."

Multiplayer is the most important part of any video game.  Without it is akin to playing the Atari 2600 back in the day when all were forced to play alone.

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

Yeah I have Golf Club also and it's just too unrealistic feeling.  I prefer Perfect Golf I just need to keep practicing I guess to compete.  I hope a solo career is around the corner as I'm more of a single player fan.  Thanks for your thoughts.

IMO, I think that Career Mode will appear in PG2 (if/when it ever sees the light of day) and then maybe they use the code to port it back in to PG.

Have you thought about signing up to PGLS or OGT and playing on the tours they offer? Play your rounds offline at your own pace with tournies often being weekly, fortnightly or monthly.

I would say these are a good alternative to a career mode played against AI generated scores, as you are playing against scores submitted by fellow community players and leaderboards can often be sorted in to showing scores just for players at the same level as you.

• zmax - sim likes this

#11 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Perhaps you could also create your own Method of Play.   I have created my own "points" game, which I recreated from Links.  It was a version that I still play with friends and family, but now have it in PG!   The only difference is, I play with the AI as my friends do not own PG.  But that is ok, it is still fun and different from the same old stroke game.  

If you do decide to create your own MOP, you may have to create and test a few times as I have found a few events do not record the proper score or in my case "points".    I have created a few versions of my points game, however, I just cannot get a few scoring events to work properly.   Don't think I am doing something wrong as in the MOP creator, it is literally just clicking on the event you want to use for scoring.  So, I have chalked it up as a bug of some sort..  however, it does not matter as all other events appears to be working fine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users