Photo

One year anniversary of the last game update!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:08 PM

http://www.perfectpa...-1430/?p=151247

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the last gameplay update to Perfect Golf.

It's sort of odd looking back at the comments now, as I don't think any of us at the time knew that it would be potentially the final update to the core game.

I have to say - I still dislike the FOV change that was to benefit the Simulator users.
I really wish that would have had a simple selector for Sim/Legacy FOV, etc

Other than that - Thanks to PP for continuing to keep the servers going and the course designers for continuing to do your thing. I've poked around plenty and this is the only game that does it for me on current gen. I do still dabble in Rory and TW14, but always find this gameplay, and especially the physics, the most engaging and realistic.

Happy new year to all!
  • Tresclub, cajuncapgun, balaceanca81 and 2 others like this

#2 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

It is amazing really what happend on the way to perfection. :lol: All of a sudden the lights went out at JNPG and a total stop was the result. Difficult to comprehend but I guess it all boils down to cold hard cash. <_<  It is what it is. We have come to a Links-type standstill. Thanks to all the great course designers out there and a happy and healthy 2019 to all.

• Arsam, gravedodger, RobV and 1 other like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#3 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:49 PM

Still the best golf game out there.  I have lost zero passion and play just as often as I always have.  I agree that having the course designers continue to support a game that has been stagnate for a year is a tribute to not only the designer but also to the game itself which is extremely addicting.  Happy New Year to all my fellow golfers.

• Arsam, JoeF, cajuncapgun and 6 others like this

#4 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

It is amazing really what happend on the way to perfection. :lol: All of a sudden the lights went out at JNPG and a total stop was the result. Difficult to comprehend but I guess it all boils down to cold hard cash. <_<  It is what it is. We have come to a Links-type standstill. Thanks to all the great course designers out there and a happy and healthy 2019 to all.

The main reason I always preferred a hard copy to a download is that I could always break the game out even if the servers get shut down. My fear is someday soon this will happen and then what.
  • Arsam, Charles, granite00 and 1 other like this

#5 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thinking, what now?

Would be nice of the devs to give us a yes or a no. As in Yes we are still working on it but..... or No sadly we ran out of money. I'd even accept a "yes we are still working on it" with no specifics. I'm just bored of the lack of information except 2 pictures in a whole year. C'mon you have a massive market waiting to jump on board what is essentially the beginnings of the best golf sim there is, Even in its raw form it betters every other golf game and yet zero progress or information is destroying your market. I'll still stop back here occasionally but if I'm honest I'm just expecting this forum and PG to cease overnight at some point. I hope not because this really does have the feel of the best golf sim ever, but sooner or later somebody is going to grab your dwindling captive market and sadly that will be that. Just my opinion, feel free to have another view

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Devs with little posted about anything PG or PG2, based on Trackman won't allow them to.

Par 3 competition was completed, we've seen a handful of the entries but nothing about who won and if anyone was taken on by Trackman (which if I remember was the whole point of the competition). 

Courses sill developed as new courses are being added to Trackman simulator roster, though they still seem to be using CF to make them.

I think PG2 will never see the light of day as a PC golf game as I don't think Trackman are interested. Unsure it will ever see the light of day with Trackman, I just feel they'll carry on using what they have now.

Eventually I think PG will just run its course and stay as it is now with folks still making courses but with no updates/support from the Devs and the odd sites supporting tours for the game.

Great if they (the Devs) prove me wrong and we do see a PG2 and CF2 but I think there's more chance of Lord Lucan riding in to town on Shergar.

• Buck and RobV like this

#7 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:25 PM

Greensboronclion:Posted Today, 08:21 AM
The main reason I always preferred a hard copy to a download is that I could always break the game out even if the servers get shut down. My fear is someday soon this will happen and then what. 

I know this is water under the bridge but when PG came out in early access I thought PP was going to send a disc to all that bought it.  I have owned 5 golf games and every one had a hard copy. We all paid for this game and we should be able to play it when or if the server is shutdown. Just my 2 cents.

• erwildcat, Greensboronclion and granite00 like this

#8 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:16 PM

winners were announced and Mika Henrick's fictional design won...followed by High fade and  Matt Rose. others were mentioned.... which is why we got the courses

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#9 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:19 PM

I may be completely wrong, but it's my understanding the servers for PP are Steam owned and managed, no?

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

I may be completely wrong, but it's my understanding the servers for PP are Steam owned and managed, no?

im not sure but i know when the forums and social site are down, so are the designer courses.

and tourneys

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

im not sure but i know when the forums and social site are down, so are the designer courses.
and tourneys

I wish that playing locally stored third party courses wasn’t also tied to online access.
It really is an odd requirement
  • ✠ davef ✠ and granite00 like this

#12 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

As far as PG2, it can't be around the corner is my guess.

The Trackman simulator Eco sphere is just getting going. They've currently got a product that bests Foresight (FSX) and E6.

They sabotage themselves by putting out a better product when Trackman clients aren't even fully on board yet. Why not wait until next year (2020) and release as an update when they have some Trackman Simulator numbers. This allows them to charge the new users an upgrade fee ($500-1000) to PG2.

By doing this, they ensure covering development costs and Trackman users feel supported and happy that their product is advancing.

They also have a currently stable product that keeps their new clients happy. If they try and release the new product and there are issues, people are questioning their pricey expenditures.

Remember, at this point, the majority of Trackman users have no idea that there might be something better.

It makes good business sense. Sorry that it doesn't fit our plans but that's the way it goes.

It was the same thing that happened to me when I purchased my GC2 and FR1 or FSR (something like that) got upped by FSX.

#13 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

If the public could set members club comps PG1 could potentially last another 10 years.

If there was an ELO style ladder running in the lobby (with simulator and PC players) it would not only become hugely popular but that success would demand a PG2.

No graphics or game play upgrades needed.

Or let it die 

• Tresclub and DC#1 like this

#14 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

If there was an ELO style ladder running in the lobby (with simulator and PC players) it would not only become hugely popular but that success would demand a PG2

No graphics or game play upgrades needed.

I wonder if there is any one or more players in this community that knows how to implement an ELO scoring system?

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#15 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

Even releasing terrain forge to the masses would help. Yeah i get it doesn't fully work but at least it would open up design to a lot more people. which may extend JNPG life.

#16 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

I wonder if there is any one or more players in this community that knows how to implement an ELO scoring system?

OGT started an ELO ladder through their site. It had some short-lived success (mainly for the OGT cartel). It was basically manual scoring though and not PG lobby-centric so it didn't become widely popular.

Essentially an ELO needs a live ladder in the lobby.

#17 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:23 PM

The problem with the ELO system which they had in tiger woods 08 was friends played friends only and cheated themselves into a false 2000+ rating and when in the lobby looking to play them they only played non ranked games as to not lose their precious rating points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users