#1 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Whilst I have continued to create golf courses I have not published any for some time. As there are not so many published these days I thought that this course might bring some enjoyment to some people. Link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erp1ilteut00411/glenmoy%20country%20club.zip?dl=0

Alan

• LeazesNDR and balaceanca81 like this

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:10 PM

played a round this morning,nice job there i did not notice anything to report on

and my fps stayed up there the whole round. could you tell us a little more about this course

is it s real course or fantasy.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:29 PM

It's a fantasy course

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

play is real good i like all the ups and downs greens play well

and the colors look good is this a final or a beta?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

Thanks davf. The plan is for it to be a final unless someone finds a important issue.

#6 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:43 AM

I played all 18 holes and found no issues. Nice work Alan.

https://youtu.be/Ythj2w4_DoA

#7 nmgator1949

nmgator1949

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:22 AM

great course nice work we enjoy the new course

#8 Rackme32

Rackme32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 05:31 PM

Terridic course!   Intersting, hilly layout.

Only prob I found was the water hazard on 10.  Ball didn't splash when I hit one in there, and the ball acted as if I hit it into a dry gully, rolling to the bottom quickly.  Then, when I went thru the drop choices, one of the was "Play as it lies", which makes no sense from way down in the bottome of a lake.  Hazard properties, maybe?

Went to Digital Storm and ordered me up a nice gaming machine :)

Intel i3 chip at 3.9G

16 gig DDR4 RAM

GeForce 970 GTX 4gig vid card

240G SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10

It's HERE!!  JNPG runs great with all the bells and whistles at max or close to it...  I still turn 3D render off for the swing, tho.

#9 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

I like the course a lot but I think you need to iron out some of the greens as on difficult pins there are some ridiculous pin placements on steep hillsides. On a few other holes the difficult pins are on dead flat areas. We had a couple of water hazard problems too. One where the player had no drop options other than rehit and one as described by Rackme32. 

Overall a very nicely made course, with interesting tee shots and a good looking layout.  Thanks

#10 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:35 PM

I got it downloaded OK, gonna give it whirl.

#11 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

Great looking course. Well done!

#12 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:09 PM

Thanks all for the feedback. I will wait a while for any feedback from others before making some changes.

#13 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:38 PM

Beautiful course!! What other courses have you done? I want to check them out too.

#14 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:50 PM

Other Courses

Glen Ray, Sarbach Peaks, Oakwood Waters, Barford Waters and Shipwreck Cove

Alan

• balaceanca81 likes this

#15 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:59 AM

Other Courses

Glen Ray, Sarbach Peaks, Oakwood Waters, Barford Waters and Shipwreck Cove

Alan

Alan, I don't remember Oakwood Waters. Is it available anywhere? I don't think it is featured at PGLS.

#16 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:01 PM

jurgie is right we do not have it in the PGLS database.

Klipsch Sound System

#17 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 04 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

Apologies, Oakwood Waters was never published.  Reason is that it

was never finished and the FPS was slow in places.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#18 alannala

alannala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationKent, England

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:01 PM

I have made changes and I am in the process of testing them. One of them was regarding the water on the 12th hole. Here is the golf rule.

"When you hit into any water hazard, you always have the option of trying to hit the ball out of that hazard. If the ball is inside the margin of a hazard but not actually in water, that might be feasible. If the ball is in water, then you'll almost certainly assess yourself a 1-stroke penalty and drop a new ball outside the hazard.

Whilst the ball might be in the middle of the lake technically you still have that option although in real life that would not be possible. I guess the person playing the game will just have to make the moral right choice"

#19 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:15 AM

I have made changes and I am in the process of testing them. One of them was regarding the water on the 12th hole. Here is the golf rule.

"When you hit into any water hazard, you always have the option of trying to hit the ball out of that hazard. If the ball is inside the margin of a hazard but not actually in water, that might be feasible. If the ball is in water, then you'll almost certainly assess yourself a 1-stroke penalty and drop a new ball outside the hazard.

Whilst the ball might be in the middle of the lake technically you still have that option although in real life that would not be possible. I guess the person playing the game will just have to make the moral right choice"

You make a very valid point here. I have played this Sim for over 7 years and hitting the ball into the water hazard not just barely in the water has produced some interesting results. On more than one occasion I was never given a drop option. I would be standing in the water clear up to my knees, so I figured I might as well take a swing at it. I always managed to hit it out and usually in the fairway somewhere. The question is where does this bug originate? Is it in the actual game or does the problem lie in the course design itself? Very strange, and to my knowledge no one here has ever given an explanation as to why this occurs.

• DPRoberts likes this

#20 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

Jurgie,

I believe those issues are from the designer side. The designer designates the bounds of the hazard (think red or yellow line). If your ball is inside this line, you will then be given penalty options.

What penalty options you are provided depends on whether the designer has placed a water plane and designated it as "water" in the physics section in the Inspector in Unity.

If you are in a hazard area on land and your ball has not traveled through the water plane, you will be given a "play it as it lies" option.

If you are in a hazard area and your ball has traveled through a water plane with correctly designated physics ("water"), you will be given drop options and no "play it as it lies" option.

If you are in a hazard area and your ball has traveled through a water plane BUT the designer did not change the physics of the plane to "water", you will be able to "play it as it lies".

The reason we see this is because the default Course Forge packaging has an available water plane prefab with physics marked as "None", instead of "water". It was a simple mistake that was never updated.
  • RobC likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users