glorious vistas, three tiered greens, or waterfalls to show,

yet.

I was graciously welcomed by the CF veterans and pioneers

who have brought CF to a place where a lowly wannabe designer

like me can move a couple of sliders and create a simple bunker like

my first one.

1XJpgbZ.jpg

• Jimbo63, Kablammo11 and nstone73 like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#2 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

What version of Unity are you using it on?

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

Unity 5

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

Cool....sounds like CF on Unity 5 is moving forward at a pace then....nice to hear.

Have fun!

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

Congrats NoPutt, I am happy for you, but on the other hand I am pretty ticked off at PP.  I was asked on March 15th to join the testers, but I never received anything from them even after a few communications with them. Even on March 29th, I was told in an e-mail "Was just waiting for all the info back from different people so we can send stuff out at the same, nothing has changed you will get an NDA soon." , I still have nothing from them. I don't even know what "NDA" stands for. I guess trying to help out others here Doesn't pay off.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I had to vent, Good luck with CF. Jim

While I can't help explain with caused your miscommunication, I do suggest that you contact Andrew or Mike again next week, after they return from the Masters. I'm one of the PG testers, not CF and while Andrew and Mike are extremely busy, considering the small staff size, I find them very responsive under the circumstances, not always, but most of the time.

BTW a NDA is a Non-Disclosure Agreement. When you get it, before sure to read it before accepting it and make sure you have no 'heart burn' over any of the requirements. If memory serves me right, you will need to accept it before getting the download link and 'key' for CF and to become part of the CF test group.

Richard

Posted Image

#6 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:31 AM

Good to hear that it is working in Unity 5. Well done NoPutt, with all your recent efforts you deserved a crack at Course Forge.

#7 bagofholding

bagofholding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:24 AM

Great start Niceputt!  Exciting to see CF running in U5 already.

I've not played a ton of PG lately and I'm hoping that soon after the U5 update to the game itself that we can see some other courses.  I would also like to see at least 4 pin positions saved for each course instead of the 3 that the courses currently have.

I also think that whenever I get my hands on CF that I will attempt to make courses from scratch and not try to replicate any real/existing courses.  I've not played golf personally so I don't feel like I would do any real course justice and I certainly won't be basing a recreation on real world experience!  I did try the course designer TGC but that was early on after release and then again after the first iteration of the mode where the brushes could be used.  I didn't stick with it for too long.  The menu system wasn't much  fun to play around in and I was usually using a playstation controller on pc as that was what I was using to play actual rounds.  I'm not sure but I don't think switching controller types was possible in TGC.

Plus, I think that as early access rolls forward and PP has an idea on course licensing will end up they might want a decent head start on user made courses as people may use that when comparing to TGC.

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Congrats NoPutt, I am happy for you, but on the other hand I am pretty ticked off at PP.  I was asked on March 15th to join the testers, but I never received anything from them even after a few communications with them. Even on March 29th, I was told in an e-mail "Was just waiting for all the info back from different people so we can send stuff out at the same, nothing has changed you will get an NDA soon." , I still have nothing from them. I don't even know what "NDA" stands for. I guess trying to help out others here Doesn't pay off.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I had to vent, Good luck with CF. Jim

Glad they asked you, Jim. You deserve a crack at CF in my book - and helping others ALWAYS pays off, in this instance even in the way expected by you. It will happen, soon. Our Overlords are pretty busy right now, what with the Augusta weekend before us, they do have to prioritise and sometimes stuff gets overlooked. Nothing personal, I can assure you. Just pepper Mike and Andrew with polite PM's if you think they need a reminder.

NDA stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement - an electronic document worded in perfect lawyerese, which you need to sign (electronically), to testify and confirm that you won't pass on the IP of PP (or parts, fragments or details thereof) to anyone else, even if they tortured you.

• clarkx5652 likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#9 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

i will make sure they are aware of this.
they are quite busy all day at the course and working on the Broadcast Suite software in the evening.

the clients are no different than the players.

they have a wish list for new things every year, and stuff is being done on the fly.

i am quite sure you just fell thru a crack if they sent you an NDA.

if they have time, i will be sure they get you a key.

worst case scenario, you will have to wait for the Masters to be over.

#10 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

I was hoping this would work out, and I'm happy to know

it will.  Good Luck Jim, and don't stop helping, as I need

all I can get.

#11 flogster

flogster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Congrat's NoPutt!

You deserve this opportunity. I know you'll be helpful to those of us that will follow.

#12 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Not sure what I did, but for some reason I have lost the blue circle that shows where you are editing the terrain. Any idea what might cause that and how I can bring it back?

Thanks for the help. 

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#13 Rehit

Rehit

Curmudgeon

• Administrators
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

we talked about the people being added to the beta over dinner night before last.

the adds were done last minute as MJ was getting on the way to Augusta to the event.

he will get around to those who were not added when time permits.

very busy does not even begin to describe what is going on in Augusta at this point lol.

• NoPutt likes this

#14 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

Tim, I seem to recall this happening to me in the beginning.

A lot of problems with Unity can be corrected by Changing

the Layout in inspector to Default and then going back to

what you had, (Wide is what I use).

Also keep your Terrain Height at  200 or less (I'm at 100).

Once I had it set to 600 and my brush drew weird ripples. 

#15 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

Not sure what I did, but for some reason I have lost the blue circle that shows where you are editing the terrain. Any idea what might cause that and how I can bring it back?
Thanks for the help.

Could be one of a few things:

1. You accidentally unticked the 'terrain collider' checkbox in your terrain properties (most likely)
  2. You have multiple terrains and the one you're trying to modify isn't the one selected.
  3. You've orbitted the view to underneath the terrain and are trying to sculpt out the wrong side of it

#16 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hehe, Gotta love #3

Thanks Shimonko, good to know.

#17 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Only a couple of weeks into Course Forge and just

wanted to say to any wanna-be designers like me. 

The program is very straight forward and EASY

to learn. If the full release contains some trees,grasses,

tee markers, etc..as expected, I now see why anyone

should be able to create a golf course right out of the 

virtual box. That said, doing Unity homework is essential

to get comfortable using the very few tools it takes to

shape the terrain. After that, Course Forge will be a snap.

I'll no longer be posting in the Course Forge Rookie

thread, as I have now moved up to semi-amateur-laymen-status.

Have Fun

• Keith likes this

#18 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:54 PM

Only a couple of weeks into Course Forge and just

wanted to say to any wanna-be designers like me. 

The program is very straight forward and EASY

to learn. If the full release contains some trees,grasses,

tee markers, etc..as expected, I now see why anyone

should be able to create a golf course right out of the 

virtual box. That said, doing Unity homework is essential

to get comfortable using the very few tools it takes to

shape the terrain. After that, Course Forge will be a snap.

I'll no longer be posting in the Course Forge Rookie

thread, as I have now moved up to semi-amateur-laymen-status.

Have Fun

I guess what you are saying is that you have gone from 'Unconscious incompetence' to 'Conscious incompetence'. :D

Richard

Posted Image

#19 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

I knew I'd get lured into one last Rookie Post.

I compensate for my incompetence by contemplating

content of contentment, but yes, you're right.

While I'm here, It has been suggested that if I

ask nicely that you may be able to procure

a bucket of slimy, hopping, long-legged amphibians,

so in my most subtle tone, May I please have some Frogs?

#20 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

I knew I'd get lured into one last Rookie Post.

I compensate for my incompetence by contemplating

content of contentment, but yes, you're right.

While I'm here, It has been suggested that if I

ask nicely that you may be able to procure

a bucket of slimy, hopping, long-legged amphibians,

so in my most subtle tone, May I please have some Frogs?

Absolutely, I told cousin Jethro that his business would pick up substantially. I understand he was up in  the wee hours of this morning hunting them varmints just for you. When I told him they were for 'NoPutt', he said 'what the hell is a noputt. I had to explain the game of golf to him cause he thought it was probably one of those new fangled Brigg & Stratton engines for use in running his 'moonshine still'. He's looking for an upgrade cause his is so old and noisy it brings down all the state revenue agents on him. He keeps having to relocate the damn thing.

So here you go, fresh from the backwoods of 'Bama.

29mpyj5.jpg

Richard

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users