#41 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

Always felt with APCD that newbie designers like myself were behind the curve with techniques and "The Masters" did not seem inclined to share. It is only since Acrilix video course that I have felt more confident.  It would be nice to think it will be different with CF  :unsure:

I am glad to hear that my tutorial videos are of some use to you, and hopefully others too. It would be great for me to see a few new designers come through before Links dies, because without a little help the APCD can be a very daunting thing for many beginners. Many have given up, and if it hadn't been for John Aherne creating a tutorial for me when I was struggling I may have given up too. The APCD video tutorial series would certainly never have happened without his willingness to share his knowledge to help me that day. It was the spark for the whole idea.

I'm afraid that the competitive instinct in most humans tends to make many of them unwilling to give up their 'advantage' of being better than the rest. They will argue, and come up with many other reasons to explain their behaviour, but it is just that. Natural human instinct to want to win that makes many stay silent and uncooperative, instead of sharing everything. Fortunately, there are always a few who are happy to help though, and there are already people here showing that willingness, so the future is looking very bright, I think.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#42 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

I still use them at times like now when I have had a break from APCD, to refresh myself on the odd bit I forget  :huh:

I am hopeful that people will be willing to share their experience with us newbie designers in Course Forge  ;)

Posted Image

#43 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Ok .... maybe this thread is going in the wrong direction .... but I started it so what the heck, 

Thanks Acrilix for the nice videos you have posted about the APCD ... very informatiive and timecraving to produce I can imagine.

and also the help and dedication from John Aherne ... thx 

But ... there are a lot of other good APCD turorials provided through the years by top designers like Paul Seaman , Art Partcheck , Mike Jones ..... and many other.

Some of the tutorials are still avbl today and some are not for different reasons.

So I don't agree that " ..... the competitive instinct in most humans tends to make many of them unwilling to give up their 'advantage' of being better than the rest."  ... have affected the APCD/LINKS community much.

#44 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

Don't confuse practice mode in PerfectGolf with the ability to roam around the plot in CourseForge. In CourseForge you can go anywhere and see everything, you can even go below ground or under the water in the lakes, wherever you want. Practice mode in PG is mainly there to practice playing the course. 

Having said that,  a 'walking' mode inside PerfectGolf is very easy for us to implement and so I see no reason why we won't include that.

I propose that in order to combat the obesity epidemic we should be made to walk between shots with an iFit treadmill. It would be cool seeing other players on the course running to their ball when put 'on the clock'. Half-kidding, but being able to strafe left and right would be a fun way of positioning the ball for the shot.

#45 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Mike for the good explanation with those good information over here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users