26 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

I have put up a brief video of dusk at a course outside Baltimore in the videos section.  We also added 3 ESPN Touchscreen videos to our vimeo account.

Andrew

• Unique and highfade like this

#2 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Just seen it on facebook. Moving clouds, trees and a sunset. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Andrew. Always nice to see something new. 

On the lighter side, ESPN enclosing their touch screen inside this fake wooden frame is really dreadfully poor taste. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Is it possible to make them videos work at facebook? I alsways get a fault. It says that the owner didn't give his permission to show the video on other sides. But if you post them on FB you should meke em available at least there :)

Awesome videos, first I thought it was dust on the tee before I realized it was the clouds on the ground. Amazing :)

Who cares...

#5 SouthStPaul

SouthStPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Saint Paul, MN USA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Stunning, absolutely first rate.  Keep up the great work.

I think the snow is starting to let up! :lol:

#6 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Very promising, great feature, I will "love" to have the round cancelled due to lack of light ;) Rain, thunderstorms, fog,... would be a great addition too 

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm not saying weather effects and times of day changes are superfluous, but those are "nice to" haves. I'd frankly prefer a "must" have, like some sort of a 3D player hitting a golf ball. 

• remers likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#8 remers

remers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I thought this had all been covered off well over a year ago based on the early promo video that included a golfer hitting a golf ball but I guess things have evolved since and the original golfer didn't cut it!

They've obviously had a motion capture session recently but I'm with you in that it would be great to see a golfer hitting a golf ball within the game engine or even more game engine videos with the 3 click interface, anything to keep us interested :)  

System Spec
---------------------
Win10 / Core i7 - 4820k 3.7Ghz / 16GB Ram / GeForce GTX780 / Corsair M95 Wired Mouse / Asus PB287Q 28in 4k Monitor

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Nice.

Does this mean that now PG may have real time lighting progression in the first release, as opposed to selectable fixed times?

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#10 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

May a "off topic", but "in video" question

What is everyones opinion on the moving leaves/branches in the tree to the left ?

#11 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

Is it possible to make them videos work at facebook? I alsways get a fault. It says that the owner didn't give his permission to show the video on other sides. But if you post them on FB you should meke em available at least there :)

Awesome videos, first I thought it was dust on the tee before I realized it was the clouds on the ground. Amazing :)

I launched from FB on my ipad without any issues.

Whoever is hitting off that tee, should be banned for slow play!
  • fungolfer likes this

#12 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

hmmm, I still get a fault here. Maybe it's a country issue, not sure. When I go to the vimeo site it plays correctly. Oh well, no problem tho :)

Who cares...

#13 TheBigYin519

TheBigYin519

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada via Scotland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:43 AM

check out the "touch screen" videos from the Masters that are also on Vimeo , to see what else the guys have been doing.

Excellent stuff !!!!

Win  10 64bit

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

May a "off topic", but "in video" question

What is everyones opinion on the moving leaves/branches in the tree to the left ?

AJ wrote that the video had been sped up to make the moving shadows and changing sky visible. So the madly shaking branches are absolutely realistic, because their original, gentle swaying has been massively accelerated - you can observe the same effect in real life time-lapse photography.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Currently you can choose between a dynamic sky with real time of day (option to speed up time progress) or you can choose to default to the original course sky and lighting it was made with in CourseForge. I always think It's nice to have a choice.

• FixAmer1st, Unique, highfade and 2 others like this

#16 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

Yes it is. What about the pano, which in my case, is baked into the skybox. I guess that would vanish if you went for the dynamic sky option? So I would have to put it on a transparent layer in front of the skybox - but that, too, would come with risks, because the panorama, as a still frame, would not be affected by the dynamic sky at all and still show sunlight at dusk, or vice-versa...

And there might be a water problem, too...

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#17 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

I suspect the dynamic sky is not using the skybox but multiple domes. So your pano at infinity would be seen through it, possibly being tinted by the lighting if its volumetric, but not lit or shadowed directly by it. I don't know - would be good to know.

#18 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

My first attempt at making a moving sky, (Similar to what Andrew posted on Facebook) I thought I would share, There are a lot of things with it, that need to be fixed, but I figured I would post a video of what I have so far in case I screw something up, lol. I still need to work on the shader's, the sun, the cam and a few other things.

• Kablammo11, Davefevs, IanD and 1 other like this

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#19 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

Great video Jim. If the game will look like that I can't see anybody playing any other Golf Game at all. Matter of fact, I will probably just get to the first tee and sit there enjoyng the sceinery and forget to play golf. 

Jerry

• fungolfer likes this

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

Great clip Jim.

Even without the 'trimmings' offered by Course Forge, your environment, IMO, looks way better than anything the TGC designer is putting out. With having the added bells and whistles the CF will give you to get your tees, fairways greens, bunkers etc. you are well on the way to being a dab hand at this designing lark.

Bravo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users