27 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

No reason why not having a Wish List for the Forge, if there's one about the game. I understand and accept that some of my wishes are not considered top priorities, certainly not at the outset. Others might just be considered, well, irrelevant. This is just an anthology of "nice-to-haves" and I will try to sum up ideas that I did not see featured (or explained) in the picture galleries and videos or that have not been already answered in this or the prebious Forum.

• Rocks and Cliffs: Will there be textures and/or shaping tools to create everything from single rock to stone cliffs in alpha?

• Path tools, for cart paths and riverbeds etc?

• The ability to drive in the golf cart within the Forge? Would be great to survey a hole and spot places that need further attention.

• Distance markers at the edge of the fairway: 150/100/50 yds to center of the green. Manually or automatically?

• Sprinkler heads, also with yardage info?

• Those lovely little panels on all golf courses: "please replace divots" or "to the next tee --> " or "no jeans or t-shirts"

• The option to define a landscape roughly by peaks and valleys and then to simulate natural erosion?

• Landscaping with procedural textures? Even adding forestation and vegetation like in a "world creator"?

• Adding extra tee boxes, to include a par 3 course within a golf course or playing for different greens?

• Customization 1: Giving each hole a name?

• Customization 2: Importing a logo for the pin or the club house or the final course file?

• Customization 3: Building stands for spectators and/or adding in-game leaderboards?

• oZZeus and Davefevs like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

- Ability to copy or duplicate an exact shape or to a larger/smaller scale without endless mesh cleanup

- A menu with default terrain shapes, like some perfect circles, squares, and maybe some default bunker and green shapes (like JN5)

- Lots and lots of stock 3D buildings or an otherwise very simple method to create these in a reasonable period of time

- An easier mapping tool (for rotating mow lines, textures, etc..)

- Auto seam-blends & allowing blends where 3 or 4 textures meet

- Graphics that do not differ greatly between the designer and the game itself

- Moving ripples on water

- No requirement to place 18 pins on a green or 5 tee levels

- The ability to assign multiple positions to each set of tee markers, not just one for each color. So, the championship tee is 600 yards today but maybe only 585 tomorrow, or maybe you want to use the "left" tee on this par-3 today instead of the "right" tee.

- Custom or multiple flagstick types - white, yellow, striped, wind pins + tee markers, signs, etc...

- The ability to create 18 different flags (like if I want to have 18 numbered flags in sequence) or otherwise assign different flags to different holes

- Less confusing management of object libraries, like the "user.lib" "stdterrain.lib" stuff

- Ability to make your own scorecard or otherwise the ability to customize a scorecard template (like the old JN5)

- Hit practice shots in the designer, or otherwise drop a ball from a point to see how it behaves on a slope

• oZZeus, Kablammo11 and Davefevs like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#3 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

Like the idea re different tee boxes.

#4 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Lots of ideas in here that I'm already in love with. Guess I'll try to add some stuff that's been floating around in my head the past few days...

• No/limited elevation restrictions. 
  • As mentioned above, ability to move teeboxes around beyond just color.
  • Multiple pin positions with different colors or patterns to indicate the difficulty.
  • A set of default greens, fairway, sand traps, water hazards, etc. to choose from for beginners or those who don't want to spend a ton of time drawing everything out. 
  • Cartpaths and bridges.
  • Houses, clubhouses, grandstands, bathrooms, snack shops, etc.
  • Signs and posts such as yardage markers (either in ground or protruding), hole numbers, hole information, "No carts beyond this point", and any other aesthetically pleasing signs. 
  • The ability to play each hole after creating it quickly. 
  • Paint brush that can paint multiple varieties and sizes of trees simultaneously. 
  • Pin positions that can be placed almost anywhere on the green. 
  • Ability to insert .jpg, .png, .gif, etc. files into Courseforge on our signs, flags, etc.
  • Ability to create a "Championship" version of the course with longer roughs, faster greens, firmer fairways, longer tees, etc.
  • Right Click + Drag to measure the distance between two spots in yards (teebox to pin). 

• Kablammo11 and RobC like this

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#5 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

• Right Click + Drag to measure the distance between two spots in yards (teebox to pin). 

Distance and elevation would be good, especially for placing pins on greens

#6 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Distance and elevation would be good, especially for placing pins on greens

From looking at some of the screen pics in gallery it loos like there is some kind of tape measure give x, y and z axis measurements.

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Instead of grouping multiple pin positions on a green as Easy, Moderate and Difficult (like in Links 2003) would like to see an option where the designer can choose between Front, Middle and Back. So the designer basically splits the depth of the green in to thirds and has a Front set of pins, a Middle set of Pins and a Back set of pins and when doing this the Course Forge allows you to assign flag colours to each group.

So like at my home course, we have Red for Front flags, Yellow for Middle flags and White for Back flags.

This will also aid those players who may decide to play the actual game without a top cam, so they can gauge from the flag colour roughly where it is in relation to the green.

#8 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

We have two flags on the same stick when the pin is on the top tier on my course.

#9 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

I would like to see the ability to set the par differently depending on the tee used. It is quite normal to see the back tees given a different par to the front tees. I've seem them work both ways on different courses, e.g. Lower par off the back tees and higher par off back tees.

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

I would like to see the ability to set the par differently depending on the tee used. It is quite normal to see the back tees given a different par to the front tees. I've seem them work both ways on different courses, e.g. Lower par off the back tees and higher par off back tees.

I can confirm that par can be determined by tee so you can have a forward tee play as par 4 and back as a par 5
  • FixAmer1st, Maineah, Tazz and 2 others like this

#11 Lukas

Lukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

I understand Perfect Golf will be available for Mac and PC, but will Course Forge also be available for both OSs? I haven't seen anything that would confirm that, so if it isn't a Mac version would definitely be top of the wishlist for me (otherwise it means getting bootcamp and whatnot :wacko: )

#12 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

I understand Perfect Golf will be available for Mac and PC, but will Course Forge also be available for both OSs? I haven't seen anything that would confirm that, so if it isn't a Mac version would definitely be top of the wishlist for me (otherwise it means getting bootcamp and whatnot :wacko: )

CourseForge will be an extension of the Unity 3D cross-platform game engine, and Unity works well for Macs. TWO was based on Unity and I was able to play it without a problem. You will need to download the Unity 3D software first, so that you then can include the CourseForge packet into it:

http://unity3d.com/unity/download/

So going "Unity" means that you should, and will, be able to design courses and play them on your Mac. I have a Mac, too, btw. Boy, I so hope I got this right...   :blink:  

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#13 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yes... You got it right.  

#14 Lukas

Lukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks guys. What concerned me was reading in another thread that the terrain importer was PC only.

I guess next on the wishlist would be a Mac terrain importer!

#15 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Got an idea :

Is it possible to make a function in CF, to allow us to "mirror" a course at an optional stage in the designing process.

If so, you can get two or even more courses out from a fictional course project .

Example 1 : Make a course ready , layout and planting , save it.

Press the "mirror" button , and you will have one more, very different,  course in the same enviorment as the first one

Example 2 : Make your course-layout ready , save it

Press the "mirror" button .Now you have 2 courses that you can individual plant, set textures & different skyboxes to etc

Example 3 : Do the same as Example 2 ... but maybe only design 13 holes ..... save it , "mirror" button ....

design the last 5 holes on each course file ..... and you will have 2 or more courses with even more   variation than in example 2

===

I know PP has a lot on their mind now to get the PG and CF ready .... but maybe this could be considered for a later version

#16 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Do you mean mirror as in clone, or mirror as in reversing left and right (eg, dogleg lefts become dogleg rights)? I suspect the latter, just want to make sure.

#17 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Do you mean mirror as in clone, or mirror as in reversing left and right (eg, dogleg lefts become dogleg rights)?

... thats what I meant ( see yellow above )

#18 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

It would be a nice facility to have. It shouldn't be too hard for someone outside PP to write either - it's a nice thing about having Course Forge working as a Unity plugin rather than being a Unity app (like TGC's course creator).

#19 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thanks guys. What concerned me was reading in another thread that the terrain importer was PC only.

I guess next on the wishlist would be a Mac terrain importer!

If someone wants to rewrite it in xcode I am happy to discuss.  Alternatively we will consider down the road integrating into Unity and then we can export for MAC

#20 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

I would be happy to offer my services in porting it over in Xcode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users