#1 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

Is linkscountryclub.com still around?

I'm trying to re-download Links 2003 but have been unable to find a download link.

There is a 'my downloads' page under my account but that page only lists my license number.

I've sent an email to the help address and have not received a response.  I also noticed that the page where you enter a support ticket on the site no longer correctly displays the captcha so it isn't possible to enter a  ticket.

Any ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Anthony

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:20 AM

I just deleted my bookmarks for the game this past weekend, but linkscorner.org provides a link.

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

Have a word with the Capt Blackbeards, I'll bet they know a place, lol.

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

Have a word with the Capt Blackbeards, I'll bet they know a place, lol.

Why when you can buy it for $5?

#5 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

I already bought it.  I'm just trying to re-download it.

I'm trying to find out where at linkscountryclub you can re-download what you have already bought.

I even went so far as to open a new account and  buy it again.  Same problem with the new account ... no download link.

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:13 AM

Why when you can buy it for $5?

Well $5 is too much for some folks.

#7 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

I already bought it.  I'm just trying to re-download it.

I'm trying to find out where at linkscountryclub you can re-download what you have already bought.

I even went so far as to open a new account and  buy it again.  Same problem with the new account ... no download link.

Suggest posting at Linkscorner.org forums.  I can't recall where I downloaded it from, but the purchase was from RegNow.  Perhaps the lookup order link on this page will help:

https://www.regnow.com/cs/

#8 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:16 PM

FWIW, I've never reinstalled Links2K3, it's basically portable. I simply burn the game folder to a dvd and have copied it for a good 8-9 years now to all my boxes. If you want to save the data:

Win7:
c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Links 2003\Career\
c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Links 2003\Recorded Players\
c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Links 2003\Saved Games\
c:\Users\%username%\Documents\Links 2003\Saved Shots\

Other Windows versions have it in different places but it's easy to find. When I burn the game folder I also burn those folders so I can manually put them where they belong after I copy it to the new box.

#9 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

Try to PM Mark Hulka or post the question at lspn forum-someone there should help you find it-

#10 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

Create an accoun at  http://www.linkscountryclub.com There you can download the game for peanuts. Then jump over to http://www.linkscorn...urses/index.php and download hundreds or thousands of free courses.

The download version by Mark Hulka works better on Windows 7 and 10 (IMO).  If you have disks, they create Microsft folders. I sold my three versions of Links 2000 to 2003 at eBay long ago.  The download version has no relationship to Microsoft. The installation creates a Links 2003 folder and puts a Game/Links Folder in the Start Menu.

Right click the Links 2003 shortcut, choose compatability and set the game to play in Windows XP SP3 mode.

I keep around 750 courses on my external hard drive for safe keeping.  Since I have supported PC Golfers for years other golf resources including our beloved JNPG are on my website in my profile.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#11 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the response crusher.

I already bought it years ago.  I lost my install file and was looking for a way to re-download it.

I even went so far as to creat a new account and bought it a second time (this past weekend).  That got me no where since no where was a download link given for this new purchase.

#12 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

@ Harvester.

Here's the link for the full game and patches 1.05 and 1.07. The game includes the 1.02 patch.

http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=16779

Here's the link for the Nvidia Patch.

http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=26714

All of these are readily available over at Links Corner. I know nothing about the Links Country Club. Is it even still being maintained?

Richard

Posted Image

#13 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

Thanks Richard, but those are only the update files not the full game install.

I tried buying it again going through Links Corner .... unfortunately after taking my money it then passed me over to links country club ... and again the same problem .... no download links.

This is ridiculous.   :rolleyes:

#14 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Richard, but those are only the update files not the full game install.

I tried buying it again going through Links Corner .... unfortunately after taking my money it then passed me over to links country club ... and again the same problem .... no download links.

This is ridiculous.   :rolleyes:

Easy to miss, but look at the first line of the first link. It reads as follows:

Links 2003 can now be bought online for $6.99 - click here to buy now 

I tried the link, it's valid.

Richard

Posted Image

#15 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:01 PM

Sorry I wasn't more clear ...

Yes the link is valid and I did click on that link and bought it.  The problem is that after I bought it I was sent a receipt which contained a link to linkscountryclub.com to download the game.   And again I couldn't find a way to download the game on linkscountryclub.com.  

Oh well ... i give up.  :-)

#16 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:08 PM

Sorry I wasn't more clear ...

Yes the link is valid and I did click on that link and bought it.  The problem is that after I bought it I was sent a receipt which contained a link to linkscountryclub.com to download the game.   And again I couldn't find a way to download the game on linkscountryclub.com.  

Oh well ... i give up.  :-)

Well, I tried.  :(

Richard

Posted Image

#17 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

Harvester, If you already have an account just do this.

Go to LinksCountryClub. Click on My Account at the top of page.

Sign in then click on downlands listed in the black area. 

#18 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:58 PM

Harvester-

I just tried to get to the downloads page at linkscountryclub,com and had success- Strange it's not working for you- On the page with your license code I simply clicked again on the my downloads tab again and it showed me the base game download as well as the extras-

The only other thing i can think of is that cookies MUST be enabled there for any downloads- Make sure yours are. Oh and lastly I am on W7 using Chrome browser-

I still suggest if you can't get it working post at lspn.net and I'm sure someone there may help you get in touch with Hulka-

Good luck- Just letting you know It DOES still work for me-

#19 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

All sorted now.

They were having server issues over the weekend.

#20 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

@ Harvester.

Here's the link for the full game and patches 1.05 and 1.07. The game includes the 1.02 patch.

http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=16779

Here's the link for the Nvidia Patch.

http://linkscorner.o...pic.php?t=26714

All of these are readily available over at Links Corner. I know nothing about the Links Country Club. Is it even still being maintained?

Yes. It's the only site to purchase Links 2003 download version, plus good deals on course packages.

Links Country Club

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users