8 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:43 PM

When I first joined this forum, I had no clue how to post a photo. Often, with a question being posed, there is a benefit to providing an image. This post addresses how I go about obtaining screenshots in Unity and in JNPG and ultimately, posting them. It is not the only way and I am surely not advertising for the products that I use to accomplish this goal but thought this might help some of our discussions on the board.

To obtain UNITY screenshots - 2 common methods for Windows users

#1 - PrtScn button - Open any image editing software and paste image, then crop and save as desired

#2 - (my favorite) - Snipping Tool - built in since Windows 7 - the reason I like it is that it bypasses the need to crop and open an image editing program - I do a New snip cropping my desired area of my screen and then click the disk icon and Save as into my Forum posts folder - efficient and simple (If you don't know where this is, click your Windows icon, search "Snipping Tool", right click and choose Pin to Taskbar - now, always present and ready for action)

To obtain a JNPG screenshot

In JNPG, depending on what you are trying to capture, you may want to hit F5 and "fly" to whatever location (using AWSD) and snap your photo. F12 for screenshot. You can take several and they will all show within the same directory. That file then moves into a location within Steam. The easiest way to retrieve it is close out of JNPG and your Steam Window should be open with your screenshot(s). You can then choose "Show on Disk" to be navigated to the file. I then cut it and paste into my Forum posts folder. The Steam menu looks as below.

q3FYLRo.jpg

How do I post my screenshot?

I use Imgur but imagine you can use any photo loading website. I like Imgur because the forum post code is easy to access and then paste into your post. Register with Imgur and upload your image. Click on your image and you will be shown your image and a menu on the right. Copy the entire BBCode with CTRL-C and paste into your forum post with CTRL-V. Your image will not immediately show but be only text. When you click Preview Post, you will be able to see your image.

v9ygP7D.jpg

Hope this helps. The forum is rocking these days. Don't want to invite bad karma but it has been fun without the negativity. K11 may chime in for you Apple-ites.

• DoGgs likes this

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:54 PM

I use light shot for capture out of steam, its free and very easy, lets you crop any area too.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

Thank you both. I have the screenshot on my desktop. I guess I need to download IMGUR to be able to load the shot here in my Forum post.

#4 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

Imgur is a free photo share website
https://imgur.com

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:52 PM

Don't forget that Nvidia ANSEL can be used. ALT F2 to activate the menu
  • Tigers Agent and RobC like this

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:00 PM

I use imgur too and just copy the Direct Link provided.

• RobC likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:06 AM

I've been using www.irfanview.com 's 32 bit version of Ifranview Image Viewer and Editor (does much more than that) but it is as fast to open as Notepad in Windows.  I tried the 64 bit version and was not impressed.

Every screenshot I make, then post is Press Scrn, then open Irfanview and click Paste.  There is my desktop and all I have to do is draw rectangle around the area I want to crop then save the images as a .jpg, .png or even make custom desktop Icons (.ico).

This is my customized Menu Bar on the Interface of Irfanview.

45919841805_a31acc2c01_o.jpg

Excellent program for music and video files if you really want to keep things simple.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#8 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

Don't forget that Nvidia ANSEL can be used. ALT F2 to activate the menu

that's a great tool Mike.

#9 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Also, Ctrl-Alt-U will hide the hole/par/yardage and shot information.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users