28 replies to this topic

#1 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

Is December of this year still looking good for the game to be released? 

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

Is December of this year still looking good for the game to be released? 

No.

Next phase is to release an ALPHA testing build on the Steam Community portal (probably just for current testers) and once the developers are happy with the Steam integration there will be a full Early Access release on Steam so that all the community can then join the further ALPHA/BETA testing phase.

No definite dates have been given for either phase of development, but I'd be confident in saying December is a no for a finished game, which I presume is what you are asking about.

;)

#3 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

That's a real shame. I'm looking to trying Corse Forge rather than actually playing the game.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#4 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Daz, loks like the guys at WGT will be disappointed again..... :(

See ya next year , I hope

#5 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

That's a real shame. I'm looking to trying Corse Forge rather than actually playing the game.

Will Course Forge be with the early release???

#6 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

Yes it will, Jimbo63. At least the way I understand it, it definitely will. CF, too, will come as a beta version - so don't expect it to be finished and regularly back up your projects and libraries once you get it.

• IanK likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#7 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Personally, I'm not concerned with the timeline on the finished game. I really want to participate in the alpha/beta phase of PG, and hope that the early access version will be available by or in December. I'm all in, and ready to get my hands on the product.

• Volker likes this
Ken

#8 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

The more involved, the better the feedback!

• fungolfer and Volker like this

#9 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

2016 sounds like it should be a good year

• Harald likes this

#10 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

Personally, I'm not concerned with the timeline on the finished game. I really want to participate in the alpha/beta phase of PG, and hope that the early access version will be available by or in December. I'm all in, and ready to get my hands on the product.

Ditto.

#11 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Yes, I also hope very much that PG will be available in early access version before christmas. PP would earn some money and they can use our feedback to make the game really perfect-:)

#12 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

Maybe PP will give an offical Announcement what's the Facts now? It's nice to have a look on short Videos but also it's better to play the Game soon and i realy hope that we all got now Facts. About an early Access on Steam - i only pay for a Game not for a Hope!

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#13 StevePSheehan

StevePSheehan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPenrith, Cumbria

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Thanks Daz, loks like the guys at WGT will be disappointed again..... :(

See ya next year , I hope

Yep, there's a mutiny brewing at WGT, and PP will be well placed to benefit from it...when it's available.

#14 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

We're working hard to get the game to 'Early Access' on Steam. Depending on how timelines pan out we are still looking to do this in Dec/Jan. Sometimes we estimate something will take 5 days to fix/improve and it takes 8 days! Unfortunately this is just the nature of software development. 

CourseForge will not be released as part of early access but is planned to be released when the full version of the game is available. The reason for this is simple, we are prioritising the game right now and as a small team we would be unable to support CF with tutorials, videos etc as we might wish and also we need to make sure that courses created with CF will work with whatever version of the game people are playing which is difficult when the game code is changing every week which it will be after early access as we continue to develop the game until the release 'propper' It'll be worth waiting for though I'm sure!

The whole point of early access is to give you something to play while we continue to work on it based on your feedback. So that's the plan, you let us know what you like and don't like and so long as it fits with our vision for the game we will do our best to implement it. The alpha testers will attest to the fact that we are very active in the dev forums and many changes have already been made due to tester feedback.

Over the last couple of weeks we have been re-factoring some of the code to make it more stable and make it easier to tweak and add features as we go without breaking other things! This week we are working on the new swing meter integration with much better graphics and also implementing a customisable difficulty system. We will be showing some more gameplay previews soon with the new swing meter and player character added.

• Harald, Doudar1361295165, Tazz and 3 others like this

#15 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

I would have preferred to have Course Forge first, but I look forward to the Early Access version of the game. Keep up the good work.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#16 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the update, Mike. I think this is the right way.

#17 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

We're working hard to get the game to 'Early Access' on Steam. Depending on how timelines pan out we are still looking to do this in Dec/Jan. Sometimes we estimate something will take 5 days to fix/improve and it takes 8 days! Unfortunately this is just the nature of software development. 

CourseForge will not be released as part of early access but is planned to be released when the full version of the game is available. The reason for this is simple, we are prioritising the game right now and as a small team we would be unable to support CF with tutorials, videos etc as we might wish and also we need to make sure that courses created with CF will work with whatever version of the game people are playing which is difficult when the game code is changing every week which it will be after early access as we continue to develop the game until the release 'propper' It'll be worth waiting for though I'm sure!

The whole point of early access is to give you something to play while we continue to work on it based on your feedback. So that's the plan, you let us know what you like and don't like and so long as it fits with our vision for the game we will do our best to implement it. The alpha testers will attest to the fact that we are very active in the dev forums and many changes have already been made due to tester feedback.

Over the last couple of weeks we have been re-factoring some of the code to make it more stable and make it easier to tweak and add features as we go without breaking other things! This week we are working on the new swing meter integration with much better graphics and also implementing a customisable difficulty system. We will be showing some more gameplay previews soon with the new swing meter and player character added.

Good news. Great to hear that things are going on

#18 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

I would have preferred to have Course Forge first, but I look forward to the Early Access version of the game. Keep up the good work.

I agree and would have liked to got a crack at course forge as this is what really has my interest. when I did design for the tw series it was always more fun for me to build courses  then play them. After testing and tweaking each hole so many times that after I was done with a course I didn't care if I played it again or not as it was basically "old news" by that time and would be doing research for my next build shortly after the completion of a course.

• Jimbo63, Brucey Mc and IanK like this

#19 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

I agree and would have liked to got a crack at course forge as this is what really has my interest. when I did design for the tw series it was always more fun for me to build courses  then play them.

Just what I was thinking. It seems that we will have to wait for Course Forge. Will the Course Forge software be an additional cost, once Perfect Golf is purchased??? 

#20 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

I can surely attest to this.. These Perfect Parallel guy's are a completely different team and the difference between them and TWO dev's is a completely different ride... In an awesome way!

Mike and Andrew and the rest are in the forums practically daily with responses to darn near every if not every question put to them.. Amazing team this Perfect Parallel, they  not only listen to us testers but they will change things when we point out to them something needs changing or implemented.. It's been a pleasure and continues to be...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users