#1 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:39 PM

Ok so while I am waiting for Course Forge I am just messing about trying different things seeing what I can learn....

I could already make texture sets and Structures 

I can do terrain work

I can kinda make grass billboards now ish ;)

I cant work trees and bushes out...tried for 2 days to get a decent gorse bush to no avail so I will probably have to rely on others hopefully

This is what I have so far....

Attached File  Pic1.jpg   104.72KB   12 downloads

cant add a 3rd pic due to limits Grrr

Cheers RobC

Attached Files

• Attached File  Pic2.jpg   86.51KB   7 downloads

• Jimbo63, Kablammo11, ed dawson and 4 others like this

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:40 PM

Bravo that man.

B)

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:18 AM

Indeed... keep going!!

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:20 AM

Love the grass and texture, nice work.

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

Really good looking, Rob! Great to see somebody fighting hard to vanquish the "generic" look (and winning!) while going easy on the color saturations. 

To post fulls screen pix (as many as you want), I recommend you go via a picture host site like imgur.com. Other than that, I'd say you look ready for CF...

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#6 hyperrodik

hyperrodik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCambs

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

niiice :)

ASUS G751

#7 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

nice work!!!

#8 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Looks very good.

#9 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

Great stuff..looks very natural. 

#10 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the encouragment...Nice to know I am on the right track

Thanks Kablammo11 for the Imgur tip.... Here is the 3rd image...probably my favourite veiw

The par 3 2nd

C4HEyFp.jpg?1

Cheers RobC

• Richard and Kablammo11 like this

#11 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

Holy Crap RobC, some body make this man an Administrator. Their is nothing Rob cannot do.

CGX Bruce R

#12 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

While this looks like the start of a fantastic looking course, designers will need to keep in mind potential frame rate issues with heavily planted courses. Those of us with "craptasic" PCs will be playing these courses in slide show mode. ;)

-MERACE
  • Richard likes this

#13 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Geez Rob it didn't take you long to get your hands dirty. :) Nice work and in no time we will see some beautiful courses no doubt by you.

#14 Bruce R

Bruce R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Merace you won't have to worry about frome rates with any RobC courses, You may notice the letters before his name, it shows he is part of the legendary  Design team that produced PGAX courses for TW back in 07 to today, in other words he is a master designer in all facets of course design.

CGX Bruce R

#15 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

Merace you won't have to worry about frome rates with any RobC courses, You may notice the letters before his name, it shows he is part of the legendary  Design team that produced PGAX courses for TW back in 07 to today, in other words he is a master designer in all facets of course design.

He sure is and that's why I have PM'd the dev's more than once here to get him on board with testing... Would be a super addition!!! Andrew and Milke... :D

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#16 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:06 AM

They're just not concerned with CF at the moment, dedicating everything to the game.

#17 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

They are concerned - they just are forced to pick their fights and right now CF is not it.

I created a thread in the private Forums calles "Fresh Blood 4 CF" - and named a few names in it. "Nice, but not now, later..." was the reaction.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#18 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:19 AM

cant add a 3rd pic due to limits Grrr

Cheers RobC

Robbie,  have you tried photobucket it is free what you do is upload a pic to it and then you do a link to the pic in a post and you can post a lot of pics the limits go away. 

For Example, 

photobucketsignin.png

go here to photobucket and register - Hey this is going to change your life with posting pics ... we need your pics man ... 

so once your registered click on upload see below 

upload.png

then you see something like this I never drop and drag stuff just click on the blue part and go find the file on your pc that has the pic and click on the file and I think you then click open but you know how to find a file and get it loaded up cause you did this on here already so click on the blue part of this screen at photobucket and choose your file 

upload2.png

when it uploads click here at photobucket where it reads view uploads 

viewuploads.png

the other stuff you see is adds but don't worry about that turn off your sound if the music gets to loud 

ok you are almost there now when you view your uploads .. well here is a pic of my recent uploads 

picsuuploaded.png

these are 4 separate pics that I uploaded they show them up close and crop them off but when you click on them you see the whole pic ... now these are the pics ... the blown up close ups of them as shown on photobucket then when I click on one of them I simply do this next important step 

IMG.png

You click on the IMG box no need to click on the letters IMG click on the box like right in the middle of it .. on the letter s next to 1149 and Wham it will say "copied"

Ok NOW you simply go back to the forum where you want the pic posted and shown .. you have first clicked on REPLY of course in the forum ok so that window/area is open. ok, now [Right Mouse Click] in the forum and then choose PASTE and wham all this stuff goes into the forum .. I would them press the ENTER key to start a new line .... ON THIS FORUM at PP if you then click on PREVIEW POST you will see your pic instantly !!!

WHAM Brother .. NOT LIMITS ...

and you can edit your post to perfection whilst seeing your pics and then click on ADD REPLY (in this type of forum) in order to provide us with  YOUR  finished post ...

Hit me up if you need any help  

read the post the below making a note ... tinypic.com

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#19 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

I use tinypic.com for images, you get a code for forums that you can just paste into the message area and shazam, you can see your pic

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

When I can' be bothered to use my own web hosting space I use http://imgur.com/

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users