Photo

Stroke Index

Best Answer Mike Jones , 08 November 2016 - 04:50 PM

Sorry I missed the update from Brendan, yes I will do a tutorial but obviously it's better to do it as you go along as it's a lot less work in the long run.

Basically the way to do it is:

*Delete one entire set of tees on one hole and make a note of the stroke index they had.

*Then go to the hole that should have the stroke index of the tees you just deleted. Make a note of the stroke index on the tees and then change their stroke index to the one you want.

*Go to the hole that should have the stroke index of the tees you just changed and change the stroke index to the correct one.

*Rinse and repeat until all holes are done.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

Nearly have Gary Player CC ready for Beta testing. i was wondering if there was any easy way to allocate index numbers to a hole ( i have set par and hole number on each tee, but just let the inedex run sequentially).

Do i have to pull iup all the tees and go again?

Brendan

Admin for OGT fun tourneys

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

If you don't care about the shot index - and expect golfers on your course not too give too much about it - let it be.

Index is quite important for golfers playing with different handicaps - it tells them who gets a shot on which hole. If you want a realistic index, you need to sort it by difficulty, low numbers are hard, high ones are easy, and to assign odd index numbers to the front 9, even ones to the back 9. Or vice-versa, I forget.

You will find, should you want to change, that you've painted yourself into a corner because all the indexes are already assigned to their holes and are now blocked. In that case the best way would be to delete all the tees (Debug ON, search field: "Tee", select all and delete, Debug OFF), then quickly replant them with your new index values sequenced correctly. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

Nearly have Gary Player CC ready for Beta testing. i was wondering if there was any easy way to allocate index numbers to a hole ( i have set par and hole number on each tee, but just let the inedex run sequentially).

Do i have to pull iup all the tees and go again?

You could post the course up for beta and let the beta testers give you some input about the hole's index rating? I can do a tutorial on how to alter them after all your tees have been planted at that point.

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:36 PM

Is this the real course in Sun City or a fictional design?

#5 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

It is the real course, I used the height map on OGT plus photographs to fill in the gaps. I have also had the pleasure of playing the course several times
  • highfade likes this

Brendan

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:58 PM

Don't forget the crocs!

#7 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

😂, think that's the lost city course

Brendan

#8 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

Thnx to all for the responses, reading these threads and your post has been a great help

Brendan

#9 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

Hey Brendan look forward to playing your rendition.  Here is a link to the actual scorecard of the Gary Player Golf Club with the handicaps.

http://clubsg.skygol...rd.php?id=23078

• Brendan likes this

RTSM - Pro

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

, think that's the lost city course

Ah, all the people who know the difference got eaten by the crocs  :lol:

• Crow357 and Brendan like this

#11 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:54 AM

Brendan, thanks for taking the time to get the hole indices right. They ARE very important to some of us.

• Brendan likes this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

Brendan, thanks for taking the time to get the hole indices right. They ARE very important to some of us.

This is why I asked if it was the real course as I would expect the hole stroke indexes to be available for the course, without the need to have to make them up.

• erwildcat likes this

#13 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

Hey Mike

This is the last thing i need to do ... any suggestions?

Thanks

Brendan

#14 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

You could post the course up for beta and let the beta testers give you some input about the hole's index rating? I can do a tutorial on how to alter them after all your tees have been planted at that point.

Is this tutorial still planned?  Is there a way to easily do this without deleting the tees and replanting them?  

Even a short writeup describing the process would be helpful.    

#15 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

Is this tutorial still planned?  Is there a way to easily do this without deleting the tees and replanting them?  

Even a short writeup describing the process would be helpful.    

Someone once suggested, deleting one set of tees and changing the indexes of the other tees by swapping out numbers.  I always just deleted every tee, wrote down on paper what I wanted and then replanted.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#16 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Someone once suggested, deleting one set of tees and changing the indexes of the other tees by swapping out numbers.  I always just deleted every tee, wrote down on paper what I wanted and then replanted.

what i ended up doing

Brendan

#17 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:50 PM   Best Answer

Sorry I missed the update from Brendan, yes I will do a tutorial but obviously it's better to do it as you go along as it's a lot less work in the long run.

Basically the way to do it is:

*Delete one entire set of tees on one hole and make a note of the stroke index they had.

*Then go to the hole that should have the stroke index of the tees you just deleted. Make a note of the stroke index on the tees and then change their stroke index to the one you want.

*Go to the hole that should have the stroke index of the tees you just changed and change the stroke index to the correct one.

*Rinse and repeat until all holes are done.

#18 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

Ok thanks. I was hoping for something in Debug mode that would allow all tee indexes to be quickly edited.

#19 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Be warned that I tried Mike's method multiple times on Abbotsley and it always bugged out on me at a particular hole. I wasted far too long on this. I ended up just deleting them all and replanting them in the end. That said, I could never use the layers library either as something was corrupted on my course file so this problem may have been connected to the other one.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#20 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

Maybe it is not such a bad idea to redo all the tees at the end which ensures that ant smoothing or accidental terrain height adjustments have not displaced the tees. I'm on my final three holes and will use the spread sheet suggested earlier and I was already going to recheck/re-place every tee in any case.

SC  B)

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users