8 replies to this topic

#1 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:51 AM

I have updated the patch to Version 4. This update eliminates the course pre-build Challenge Tee warning messages when they are not planted on a tee. The link at the bottom of this message has the updated link to the patch.

I have updated the patch to Version 3. This update changes the color of planted pins to a light yellow, making them much easier to see. The link at the bottom of this message has the updated link to the patch.

I have updated the patch to version 2. This update adds a warning message that the scene name contains capital letters which will prevent the course from loading past 50% in JNPG. The link at the bottom of this message has the updated link to the patch.

A couple months ago I became frustrated when I built a course, loaded it into JNPG, only to realize I had turned the meshes off and found Hacker Harry and the ball were floating above a strange looking terrain. Sound familiar? After this happened several times, I decided to look at the scripts to see if a warning message could be displayed during the pre-build tests. While in the scripts, I decided to fix the test for pins not placed on a green spline. It was giving me hole 59, 36, etc., even though I only had 18 holes defined. Of course I began looking for the bad pin starting on hole 1 only to find it was on hole 18. What was happening is it was using the index of the pin in the Pins table as the hole number rather than the actual hole number.

An additional modification was to rename the tee, pin, shot point, etc. identifiers for holes 1 thru 9 to have a leading zero. That way when you turn DEBUG ON, a search for h01 gives you only the objects for hole 1, and they are not intermixed in a list of objects for holes 10 thru 18 as they were previously.

Larry (axe360) recently started to use the patched scripts and located a bug in the original CF script that terminated the pre-build tests if a pin was accidentally placed on the terrain, not on a spline. I had to fire up Visual Studio and learn how to activate the debugger, and fortunately found the culprit line of code. Then I decided to expand the tests for tees that were not placed on a tee spline. We now have tests to display all Rogue pins and tees.

This image demonstrates all of the enhanced messages:

ozWNENW.jpg

The patch overwrites the "FileUtilUI.cs" and "CourseBase.Plant.cs" scripts located in the Project->Perfect Parallel folder. I believe Challenge tees will be reported as Rogue tees. If that is a problem, I can probably exclude them from the tees test.

https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

• Jugador, worrybirdie and Stingreye like this

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

It's an Amazing tool, is a tremendous help. Thank you Larry for this.. I recommend Every one install it and hopefully it will soon be a part of Course Forge install Package. Awesome tool!!

Should at the very least be a Pinned Topic.

It' so simple, just install it and forget about it, when you compile, read the warnings like we do every time and if you accidentally misplaced a tee or pin, it Warns you and tells you where they are.

If Anyone has ever had to hunt down a rogue pin, you will thank Larrykuh, big time, for this addition.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

LK, this looks like a great improvement!

#4 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

I somehow missed adding the most important script, "FileUtilUI.cs", to the Unity package. This is the script where all the magic is located. See the bottom of the first message in this topic to get the updated package.

#5 Dace

Dace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

Awesome tool Larry.  Thank you very much

#6 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:27 AM

• Justin9926 likes this

#7 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:56 PM

I updated the patch to V3 to change the color of planted pins to a light yellow. This patch makes it much easier to see the pins. The link to the updated patch is at the bottom of the original post.

#8 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:58 PM

The Course Forge patch has been updated to V4. It eliminates the cousde pre-build Challenge Tee warning messages when they are not planted on a tee. The link to the updated patch is at the bottom of the original post.

#9 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

If you like your sanity,  use the patch! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users