#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

Now this is a go we will have a thread for the progress...lets start with a cliche  :D

VhTY8P6.jpg

Did you spot the cliche? I know it's difficult, but there will be no hand holding here, no sir!

Oh go on i'll give you this one, if you said "Waterfall" then...awesome cliche spotting buddy!  Oh! did you think it was the snowman as well?  Hell no! This is grounds keeper  Willie melt, Willie will be joined by 18 of his pals, they will be watching you as you hack around.  If they catch you cheating they will stick their sticky hands up ur arse and remove your spleen..how cute!

Now onto a mini highlight reel  :)

To wrap up warm this opening post, here's a crappy joke...

Me: hey mr snowman, why is it i never see you walking?

snowman: because icicle!   :D  :)  :huh:  :(  :ph34r: 

More progress reports as i.....well, progress  ;)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

I have played the 4 holes a few times and the wind direction has been the same ( i think ) for each hole, can anyone tell me if this will remain a constant as i have started changing snowflake direction to reflect the wind direction.  No point doing this if it is indeed changeable from round to round.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

how bout some night lights on this one too

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

considering the amount of white we have going on here i have incorporated black sand bunkers, nothing new there as they do exist.  The dirt lip is frosty white for a nice effect.

JUYiWU4.jpg

sgCjfjt.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

how bout some night lights on this one too

OMG i have enough work to do with snow squalls and flakes  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

OMG i have enough work to do with snow squalls and flakes  :)

lol, just looking at the pics i bet with all the white the moon will give off enough light

i know request from the masses who don't understand design.

thanks dogz you do build a fine course

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

DoGgz,

Will Jungfrau Pass be set at altitude like the real life Jungfrau is up in the Bernese Alps? Playing at just over 4100m altitude could be fun, lol.

#8 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

Re: Wind direction

By default the wind will come out of the quarter decided on by the designer, as far as I know, and if not set, then from the West.

Bearing in mind that your starting point on the course may not be facing North, however, so if wind comes from right to left, you are facing South.

API Tournament control has control over the direction of wind though 360 degrees. If you wish to set moving snowflakes, make sure that the Readme details from which direction it should be set. If you contact me Kenny, we can run some tests live on the API to allow you to fine tune.

#9 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

DoGgz,

Will Jungfrau Pass be set at altitude like the real life Jungfrau is up in the Bernese Alps? Playing at just over 4100m altitude could be fun, lol.

I have no idea how to set it to altitude, is there a thread for that here anywhere?

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#10 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

Re: Wind direction

By default the wind will come out of the quarter decided on by the designer, as far as I know, and if not set, then from the West.

Bearing in mind that your starting point on the course may not be facing North, however, so if wind comes from right to left, you are facing South.

API Tournament control has control over the direction of wind though 360 degrees. If you wish to set moving snowflakes, make sure that the Readme details from which direction it should be set. If you contact me Kenny, we can run some tests live on the API to allow you to fine tune.

Hi mike, i played a few of the 4 holes and it appeared to be blowing one way, played a few again today and its changed, i had already changed settings of 40 clusters to match, today i changed them all back and put them to random pattters, more swirly, and considering a lot of holes will be between mountainous rock its prob more likely to move in a swirly way...lol i'm talking myself out of having to change them again!  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

I have no idea how to set it to altitude, is there a thread for that here anywhere?

Crow357 (Art) knows how to do it as he did it with Castle Pines and Club Schwarzwald.

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Lol i found a Geo thingymebob for bernese alps, found the section in CF where you input them, and its come out at 41'000 ft :o  Lets just say it has a strange effect on ball flight....

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

In setting where you add splash and flag you have geo co-ordinates...these are the world location but I am pretty sure you can just set your height...or use a real world location

Aaaah you found it before I finished typing

#14 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:52 PM

Yeah i found the geo for bermese alps but i dont know what i'm typing and in where...its all so confusing

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#15 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

Geo Z is the height/Altitude in Meters.

The X,Y, and UTM zone are location tracking for the real time weather.

I think X is Longitude and Y is Latitude 

UTM (universal transversal mercator) a coordinate system, zone numbers at top

RvnU6d8.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#16 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Thanks neil...my head hurts  :unsure:  think i'll just leave it as is.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#17 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:55 PM

@DoGgz

1.  Can you make the snowflakes denser?

2.  Maybe it's in your plan eventually, but I think it would be great to have a snow bank texture around the fairways. Make them play like fairway or rough. Hit into them, with the white ball and you'll probably have to take a penalty for a lost ball. I guess to do that, you probably need to have the snow banks play as OB. Don't know for sure.

Don't you just love all of this input from people that have no idea on how to even spell Coruse Fogre. :P

• DoGgs likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#18 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:10 PM

And don't you just love when people in a forum completely disagree.
Like when the cup physics supposedly suck so much that you can feel a revolt coming on, then the physics are changed, and a different group of people said they liked them how they were.

I actually think it's perfect density. Any more, and we won't be able to see the course as well.

The fact that we're involved in this course shows the excitement this one has.
  • DoGgs likes this

#19 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#20 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

Update to wind direction Vs flake direction - It appears that the dynamic skies setting throws out random wind direction from round to round.  A left to right flake blow stands out like a sore thumb when the wind is right to left, vice versa.  A vertical flake drop is not great either, so we need a trade off that goes some way to convince us, it's not perfect but think swirly winds between mountains, down in dips etc, and this may just be enough to convince our brains that all is well in this dimension....

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users