• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RickW

RickW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

I'm having two problems. 1-when I find a game looking for players, I click on JOIN and am immediately thrown back to the home page. I thought I would be placed on the tee of the game I selected to join.

2-If I select a friend then select Send A Message, the screen that comes up is so huge that only a small bit of the text area is shown on the right side of the screen. The rest of the text area is off the screen to the right.

Can anyone help?

Asus ROG Windows 10

Intel Core i7

32gb memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

#2 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

hi Rick

i seen your games up try this you have your games set to beginner , when you put a game up leave that setting to any level

your player being set to beginner will always be your setting, till you level up which is really what you need to do

people are more then likely booting you from their games due to this beginner thing, in other words jump up to hacker or even ama

not that much different in the play.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

I'm having two problems. 1-when I find a game looking for players, I click on JOIN and am immediately thrown back to the home page. I thought I would be placed on the tee of the game I selected to join.

2-If I select a friend then select Send A Message, the screen that comes up is so huge that only a small bit of the text area is shown on the right side of the screen. The rest of the text area is off the screen to the right.

Can anyone help?

1st question .. no you are not put on the tee ..you enter a separate game lobby where you can chat and see who is in the game b4 host starts it.

2nd If you are talking about the steam overlay and  steam message not sure if your steam settings may need to be adjusted. also your screen resolution and wether you play in windowed or full screen may help answer the question better. do you play the game on a very small screen. screen shots may also help some one give you the answers you seek..

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 RickW

RickW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Thanks guys for responding.

For Dave, I set it for beginner because that's who I am. I'm new at this. I will try upgrading. Thanks.

For Sliceapottomus, I'm not placed in a game lobby either. I'm placed on the home page where I can choose solo play or multiplayer. On the second question, I have a 19" ViewSonic, running JNPG through Steam on a Mac with high resolution. I run the game full-screen because it doesn't work in windowed mode. The game takes over the computer so I have no access to make a screen shot, unless I take a picture with my camera. Thanks.

Asus ROG Windows 10

Intel Core i7

32gb memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

#5 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

you have to choose multiplayer. once doing this it will bring up a screen with current game bieng set on the left and list of online players to the right. this is where you go to set a game or join a game. as far as mac I have no clue so maybe some one with a mac can comment

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#6 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

I think you misunderstood DaveFV92C.  You have 2 options once in the multyplayer lobby.   (See Slice's comment)

Option 1 is Join a game where you join another persons game.  (You will see a pad lock if that  game is password protected.  You can't get into a password protected game without the password.  You will see a enter password screen  where you simply enter a password or hit return - to get back to the  multiplayer lobby.)

Option 2 is you can Host a game.  When hosting a game please select from the host game options select any skill level can play in your game.  Your player remains at beginner level but other players at any skill level can join your game to play.   I'm sure players will help you along if they can join a game.

See if that helps you!

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#7 RickW

RickW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:13 PM

Thank you DennisHarris. Yes, I did misunderstand and I didn't know about the password  thing. Also, I'll remember to set my created games to any skill level can join. I just didn't understand.

When you say 'lobby', do you mean the home page where you are given the choices Solo Play, Multiplayer, Tournaments, or Practice? That home page is where I get sent to when I try to join a game.

Best regards guys. Thanks for your help with understanding Steam and this marvelous game better.

Rick

Asus ROG Windows 10

Intel Core i7

32gb memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

#8 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Thank you DennisHarris. Yes, I did misunderstand and I didn't know about the password  thing. Also, I'll remember to set my created games to any skill level can join. I just didn't understand.

When you say 'lobby', do you mean the home page where you are given the choices Solo Play, Multiplayer, Tournaments, or Practice? That home page is where I get sent to when I try to join a game.

Best regards guys. Thanks for your help with understanding Steam and this marvelous game better.

Rick

Rick   The jnpg landing page allows you to select multiplayer, solo etc. select multiplayer and you land in the lobby.  Game available will be upper left and player names will be to the right.  That is the lobby!

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#9 RickW

RickW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Gotcha DennisHarris. Thanks so much.

Rick

Asus ROG Windows 10

Intel Core i7

32gb memory