#1 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

The game appears to be on track to release this upcoming winter. Will it be on the current consoles or the new consoles coming out in the fall? Also with Tiger Woods rumored to be out for next year, this is a great opportunity for you guys.

#2 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

My guess is that it is going to stay with current generation consoles, unless you consider the Wii-U to be a next generation console. Bottom right of the page has PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii-U logos, so it can be assumed that that's what they will be releasing on. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#3 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

This would be so cool. You're right it's a great opportunity. Not just as TW is not meant to be released next year but the fact it's getting stale. Same old thing every year. PS4 is out in December too.

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I doubt that the current consoles will even be a viable market by the time a commercial quality version is produced, with enough content to appeal to console gamers. :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Have made no firm plans as of now although Ouya is also attractive to us.  Xbox is the least attractive because of our desire to provide a truely integrated platform allowing PC people to compete online with Ouya people and Mac users etc.  Xbox Online is proprietary.

• Redskin and ☠InDaSkies☠ like this

#6 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm new here , and was wondering is this going to be a non download game like WGT ?

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

No. The way I understand it's going to be a downloadable game that you can either play alone on your PC or against others on the internet. You might have to pay for the game and for the online play separately. Welcome to the party, woodworkery.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

I'm new here , and was wondering is this going to be a non download game like WGT ?

If you have played any past PC Golf games that required an installation disk, your experience will be similar. The difference being, the game will be downloaded from this site. If you click on your account you will see a downloads folder. That folder will keep a history of anything you download from this site.  Hope that helps. We members don't know all the facts yet but we do our best to help new members with their questions.

#9 egl1219

egl1219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

If you have played any past PC Golf games that required an installation disk, your experience will be similar. The difference being, the game will be downloaded from this site. If you click on your account you will see a downloads folder. That folder will keep a history of anything you download from this site.  Hope that helps. We members don't know all the facts yet but we do our best to help new members with their questions.

This is absolute?? Or are you guessing??

#10 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Have made no firm plans as of now although Ouya is also attractive to us.  Xbox is the least attractive because of our desire to provide a truely integrated platform allowing PC people to compete online with Ouya people and Mac users etc.  Xbox Online is proprietary.

Ouya was an amazing success story at www.kickstarter.com  ! What a super concept she had with a great video presentation.

#11 gotenks94

gotenks94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

This seems to be a great golf software, I'm wondering will this be coming to any golf simulators that are on the market now.

#12 Turner

Turner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

One of the drawbacks of Tiger Woods is that EA discontinues multiplayer support as quickly as possible for previous versions of the game when a new version comes out; I bought a used copy of TW PGA Tour 13 thinking I could play online, especially since EA announced that they are discontinuing the need for paid access codes for online.

However, IMO, while it seemed great that they are doing away with their paid unlocks for online play, it is far worse when support/online play for a reasonably current game is simply dropped.

I am not a big fan of EA right now. I hope to see a good and fair policy in place when PP goes multiplayer.

Also - if I can sneak in a request here - I'd love to see support or a partnership allowing for physical inputs such as P3Proswing and Optishot. I realize there are likely talks that need to take place. Apparently P3's online gaming is a mess, and Optishot doesn't have the capability (yet). A partnership with either would be great, but there may be more potential with Optishot (Dancin' Dogg) than P3 since a) there is currently no online system in place, and B) it is a bit cheaper than P3 and therefore, possibly, more widely used.

Andrew

#13 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

I have just ordered my ps4, any news if this is going to be on console any time soon? There's no other golf games touted for a while; you should get in there quick! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users