#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:21 PM

Has anyone else noticed the loading times for PG have reduced dramatically?

I've still got heaps of courses in the folder but the load time is now like a normal game.

Great work team (I think)

#2 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

No noticeable change for me.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:48 PM

I don't have loading time issues, but the game does tend to crash a lot more than it did say 6-8 months ago.

And it also hangs for a long time when trying to finish a multiplayer round and just get back to the main menu.

That one seems odd as our ping times are super low and both internet connections are very fast and geographically not super far away (1 state over)...and also, 6-8 months ago, the exact same 2 of us with the same connections as always - didn't have the hanging to exit back to the menu.  

Something in the game itself seems to have changed in this regard.

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

And it also hangs for a long time when trying to finish a multiplayer round and just get back to the main menu.

I'm pretty sure this is caused by whatever site/sites the game is trying to access after the round, probably connected with the home page, or the multiplayer lobby server, and something that must have changed in the last few months because this was never an issue for us in the past.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

I'm pretty sure this is caused by whatever site/sites the game is trying to access after the round, probably connected with the home page, or the multiplayer lobby server, and something that must have changed in the last few months because this was never an issue for us in the past.

Maybe we should email Trackman and ask them to fix their backend server that is slowing us down!

:D

• Ted_Ball likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users