11 replies to this topic

#1 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

I recently purchased the game and have to say that I am enjoying the gameplay immensely. 

I wanted to encourage all players to purchase the Muirfield Village course. I have never seen a more beautiful course in a golf sim. If someone has favorites that rival this one for sheer beauty, please share them.

This game blows all other golf sims out of the water!

• Crow357 and jimbob59 like this

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

Does Mike have multiple logins?

(lol - joking)

In all seriousness I do love this course, I just wish they had released a reflective water version to match up with the screenshots they showed us (as well as the splash screen I think?)

#3 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Does Mike have multiple logins?

(lol - joking)

In all seriousness I do love this course, I just wish they had released a reflective water version to match up with the screenshots they showed us (as well as the splash screen I think?)

lol. Sorry for my exuberant praises. I haven't been able to play a golf sim since I switched to Windows 10. Now when I look back and remember the Tiger Woods series, they seem cartoonish in comparison. I played Pebble Beach yesterday and at every hole I hit F5 so that I could take in the view. I'm pleased. : )

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:32 PM

Now when I look back and remember the Tiger Woods series..

Which was the last one you played?  (just curious)

#5 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

Which was the last one you played?  (just curious)

Tiger Woods 2008....I played the Links games before that which I think is the forerunner of this game.

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:00 AM

Tiger Woods 2008....I played the Links games before that which I think is the forerunner of this game.

Nice.
Yeah I played the hell out of 08 on PC.

The series did continue to evolve quite a bit on console beyond 08's version though (ending in 14).

Some great great times in the TW series over the many years for sure.

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:44 AM

Yeah!  Loved '14.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#8 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:22 AM

I also played TW08 until I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I cant get it to load up, i would still be playing it too, along with JNPG if I could

• slammin likes this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#9 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:07 PM

Nice.
Yeah I played the hell out of 08 on PC.

The series did continue to evolve quite a bit on console beyond 08's version though (ending in 14).

Some great great times in the TW series over the many years for sure.

I couldn't believe it when EA sports discontinued the game on pc. They abandoned a huge player base. That seems to have turned out a positive for JNPG.

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

I couldn't believe it when EA sports discontinued the game on pc. They abandoned a huge player base. That seems to have turned out a positive for JNPG.

It really is a shame, especially with how extensible it could be on PC.

TW08 gets new courses made for it, today, a full decade later!

#11 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:58 PM

Buck, just to add Links also sees new course designs. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get up and running on Windows 10.
  • cajuncapgun likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Buck, just to add Links also sees new course designs. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get up and running on Windows 10.

Yep!

Great point..

The extensibility on the PC side was great for gamers, but likely something the big name Dev brands hated, as that was seen by them as lost DLC revenue opportunities no doubt.

Frustrating.  I feel like a PC golf game would thrive best with a great 1st party core of code, built to be extended and expanded by the passionate (but niche) fanbase so the main company need not worry about ongoing profitability of adding to the game over time beyond core features/updates. 

• cajuncapgun and slammin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users