8 replies to this topic

#1 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:14 AM

So, I finished the 18th hole of my first course today.  All I had to do is go back and add a few things... some cart paths and maybe some wild grass and such.  I added the path on hole 1 and was working on adding some wild grass in the rough and all of the sudden my fairway starts looking blotchy.  I've had this happen before when I ran into some trouble with splines overlapping or being too close to each other.  So, I search all over the first 3 holes to see if maybe I accidentally moved a spine over another or maybe too close to another.  I found nothing after looking thoroughly.  

I am looking for any suggestions because I failed to do a recent terrain back-up :(  

This i what I have now.  It shows up over the entire course:

i-56xdJTn-X3.jpg

i-tngdL6H-X3.jpg

Help please!

EDIT:  I opened Unity up to have another look and I noticed the following message in the console:

"false UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

I have not seen that before, but have no idea what it is.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#2 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:16 AM

Check and make sure the grid fill drop down box isn't blank in the Layers Library. If it is blank then click on it and make sure grid fill shows then remesh the problem areas.

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:10 AM

Try dropping the width of you fairway and semi rough blend in layers and refresh all splines first, maybe a value has changed there. Are you putting in concrete splines for paths? remove them for now.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the replies.  I will look into both when I get off from work.

DoGgs... yes, I am using concrete splines for paths.  I am curious about your comment.  Are there known issues with the concrete splines?

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#5 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for the replies.  I will look into both when I get off from work.

DoGgs... yes, I am using concrete splines for paths.  I am curious about your comment.  Are there known issues with the concrete splines?

I had something similar when laying concrete paths, but i would stress that it did not effect the whole course, just the holes i was running the paths close to, its prob not ur issue... i would say if you have placed plenty of it just go thru other checks first.  You don't want to rip it all up for nothing.  Mesh corruption like that does tend to be meshes too close to each other (overlapping in the blend width)

On a side not, if you have plenty of paths to place i would use easy roads, having loads of concrete paths can drastically increase the refresh spline time.  there is an easy roads tutorial here.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#6 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

I have at least 50% of the paths placed, so I am inclined to continue using the course forge splines for this build.  The CF splines are a pain though.  If I get this course finished I will probably go ahead and get Easy Roads for build No. 2.

Anyway, I am going to backtrack and remove the path splines that I added yesterday and see what happens…  It’s only 2 paths… Two relatively long paths, but just 2 of em.

Thanks for the help.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

#7 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:21 PM

Don't forget the tool that allows you to preview the spline border width to identify overlap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you select the spline, then point at a vertice and hold down the shift key(?). Hard to remember when I'm not actually doing it. :unsure:

#8 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:02 PM

If you did frequent saves with different file names it could be quicker to go back to the previous, hopefully good, save.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#9 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:53 PM

OK.... new information that I hope one of you might be able to help with.

Just to recap... these ugly meshes just appeared yesterday while trying to spread some wild grass.   I got to thinking about it and I had already successfully rendered once after adding the cart paths.  So, I started to feel like the paths were not the problem. So, I opened unity and here is what I did:

I went to: window/frame debugger

At the bottom left in the hierarchy window, I had a yellow yield sign and a message.  So I double clicked the message and it opened the console window in the pic below:

i-MzBMTJs-X2.jpg

So, when I double clicked "OBJ_WaterfallBigWater" it took me to that particular water fall.  I then hit the play button at the top of Unity to go see how that waterfall was working.  It was working just fine AND my meshes looked normal.

Here is the curious part (at least to me)... when I returned to "scene view," all my meshes were back to normal.  I don't understand, but I am happy.

I guess I need to figure out whats up with my waterfalls...

Note: that there isn't a waterfall anywhere near where I was placing the wild grass.

Maybe I am still royally screwed, but I feel a little better...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:

Ironwood - released

Crow's Nest - released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users