Photo

Laying out a course/hole from the main screen

Best Answer STONEYB , 02 April 2018 - 04:15 AM

OK- Finally SOLVED. The eyeballs were turned off in layers in the inspector box. Thanks to all who gave their time & suggestions.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:23 PM

I've watched the vids for downloading & installing JNPG and importing the packages and followed along setting up the window panes & such. Then as he shows how to move about he zooms to an existing terrain that he had saved. How do you lay out a hole from that main, blank screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:23 AM

Try double clicking on the course1 file in the Project section. I think that is what you are looking for if you have a blank screen. If that doesn't work try double clicking the Human Height text in the Hierarchy window. That should zoom you to the Human Height pole which starts planted on the terrain.

#3 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:06 AM

But I have no terrain, just a blank screen with a grid pattern & when I dbl click human height It just shows a small box with arrows coming out like the x,y,z location. Sorry if this is all dumb sounding but if I could just get to the point you're talking about I could have a better chance. Any ideas??

#4 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:32 AM

Did you Load the "Scene" file from the course folder? Is there a Terrain in your Hierarchy? If so, double click that terrain and it should come in to view.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#5 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

Sorry if I sound dumb but I really must be just missing something obvious. When I dbl clik Terrain the mesh goes above my head & I have to clk human height to replace it where it belongs. If by "course folder" you're referring to the course folder in the objects pane, That folder doesn't contain a "scenes" choice. I followed all the steps in the video by Mike Jones about importing the custom pkg & all that, but I can't find how to get some starter scenery on my viewing window. Thanks for any other suggestions you may have .

#6 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:09 AM

If you could post a scene shot, it would be more helpful to see what you have going on there.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

#7 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:33 AM

How can I upload a screen shot to here. It doesn't give an option for that??

#8 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:40 AM

Click on "More Reply Options" That will give you the upload area, Or you would need to upload to a hosting site.

Check if your terrain settings (Position and Rotation) are all set to "Zero"

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

#9 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:48 AM

This is  all I can get to show here. Having a real bad day/night. Want to thank you again for your continued help. Means a lot.

#10 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

Not seeing it.

Try this, In the upper right corner of the scene window, click the Y axis (green) on the gizmo this will give you a top view of the scene. If you still don't see the terrain, dbl click on it in the Hierarchy. It should come in to view.

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 7 Home Premium

#11 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

If you are seeing the terrain mesh after double clicking human height then you are good to go. Just hold down the right mouse button and use the Q,W,E,A,S and D keys to move around the terrain. If those keys don't work then go to the top left of the Unity window to where there is a tab with the text Scene and right below that I believe it should say Shaded. Directly to the right of that is a button with the text '2D' click on that once and you should now be able to move around while holding down the right mouse button and using the Q,W,E,A,S and D keys.

Don't worry about feeling dumb. There is a steep learning curve and the Unity program is not the most user friendly. I have been using 3D modeling programs and graphics programs for close to 25 years and still find it tough to navigate Unity at times.

Edit: and as you may have discovered this forum software is not the most user friendly. I usually need to use two different browsers to work around the quirks.

#12 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:06 AM

I can move around but all I can move around on is the white mesh screen no terrain (grass etc.) & I can't figure out how to place some kind of terrain on the mesh. Below is a screen shot of what I have. I tried to load a larger one, but it wouldnt take it

#13 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:08 AM

Attached File  source forge.jpg   37.25KB   2 downloads

#14 grumpter

grumpter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:40 AM

The forum software is a bit of a pain IMO. You did good to get a pic posted. It took me about 8 tries the first time.

If you have the clouds then I am guessing the package imported properly. I get the same thing you are seeing when importing it again. Just double left click the Human Height text in the Hierarchy window. That should take you close to the terrain. You can rotate the view by holding down the right mouse button in the scene and then moving the mouse around. Then you can move forwards, backwards, sideways etc.with the steps I listed earlier.

#15 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:32 PM

I recommend starting from here: http://www.perfectpa...ideo-tutorials/

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#16 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

When I dbl click human height all I get is a x,y,z, image in the center of my grid. I'm probably not explaining myself  very well. In the pic I uploaded is all That I have. Is there a pre-loaded section of terrain that I'm looking for? If not what are the steps to laying down some type of terrain (grass, earth,etc. anything I can use to start laying out tees etc.) onto that grid that's in the upload. Also at the very bottom is an error msg that says something to the effect of "error code CSo619 script for course base is outdated & no longer used". Im using ver. 2017.3.1f1 of unity. Should I be using a different version? I'll try to post a new pic of what I did as per your instructions & what I got. Thank you SO MUCH for your time and interest in helping a newbie, can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'll post this & then below in the next post i'll add the pic just in case it messes up I don't want to lose this post.

#17 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

post-5439-0-39624100-1522512429_thumb.jpAttached File  course screen.jpg   29.94KB   0 downloads

#18 STONEYB

STONEYB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

post-5439-0-39624100-1522512429_thumb.jpAttached File  course screen.jpg   29.94KB   0 downloads

#19 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

StoneyB

First of all you need to revisit the Course Forge -Video Tutorial Topic and study them in detail.

Post #2 of the tutorials clearly states that only Unity 5.2.3 works with Course Forge. It also has a link for downloading the correct version.
Richard

Posted Image

#20 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

StoneyB

First of all you need to revisit the Course Forge -Video Tutorial Topic and study them in detail.

Post #2 of the tutorials clearly states that only Unity 5.2.3 works with Course Forge. It also has a link for downloading the correct version.

Is there an echo in here? :P ;)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users