#1 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

I really thank the OGT for a great set up for this weeks Masters.  I personally shot horrid but I do not care.  I had fun playing the tournament.  XxXx you deserve a big thanks for the job you did with that setup.  The conditions were challenging as were the slick greens.    Was imho as it should be.  Just loved it.

Thanks!

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#2 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

Considering the scores were more in tune with what the PGA players were scoring, I have to agree with you Dennis.

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

Really tough conditions but we all played the same course and good fun. When at Augusta we expect to see 13 and 14 stimp and that is what we got and very tough to get ball close to hole thus with all the breaks in the greens the scores were very realistic for the Gross standings. I will say this that stimps of 13 and 14 need to be reserved for the majors and maybe the TPC and throw one round in a few other events but the truth is most event won't sniff 14 and usually run about 11 or 12 for PGA events. The Masters like this week should 13 or 14 and keep you on your toes at all times. Good fun even tho I was hacking quite bad most of the event.

#4 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:50 AM

Really tough conditions but we all played the same course and good fun. When at Augusta we expect to see 13 and 14 stimp and that is what we got and very tough to get ball close to hole thus with all the breaks in the greens the scores were very realistic for the Gross standings. I will say this that stimps of 13 and 14 need to be reserved for the majors and maybe the TPC and throw one round in a few other events but the truth is most event won't sniff 14 and usually run about 11 or 12 for PGA events. The Masters like this week should 13 or 14 and keep you on your toes at all times. Good fun even tho I was hacking quite bad most of the event.

I think the weekly PGA Tour set up @ OGT are excellent.   OGT runs higher stimps of 13 and 14 on courses for the PGA Tour where fast green surfaces and wind are a courses only defense. 

In closing I will agree the normal set ups for real PGA tour events run from 12 to 13.  I also think a stimp reading of 12.5 is referred to as 13.  A stimp of 12.4 would be referred as 12 stimp.  OGT has no green speed of 12.4 or 12.5  to set to my knowledge.  So I feel the Staff at OGT is working with the tools they have available and do a great service for us members. And to my knowledge the staff works for free.  FREE!  any volunteers to do the job!  :) 

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

Sorry Dennis but I was not being Critical of OGT as I said they did a good job and it was great fun so don't get where you think I was.  Funny how you can give an opinion here anymore and you get attacked as I would swear its become a left and right thing here anymore.

#6 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Sorry Dennis but I was not being Critical of OGT as I said they did a good job and it was great fun so don't get where you think I was.  Funny how you can give an opinion here anymore and you get attacked as I would swear its become a left and right thing here anymore.

Huh!  I surely did not attack yo

Greens I surely did not mean for my post to be taken as attacking you. Sorry if it was taken that way.  I just voiced my opinion which was different from yours.  I guess after reading my post again it can be taken as defensive of OGT.  Certainly not an attack towards you.  If you believe I was attacking you then I am truly sorry.  That said I have a different opinion on the subject and will freely express it.  Have a great day! Greens.

#7 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

Huh!  I surely did not attack yo

Greens I surely did not mean for my post to be taken as attacking you. Sorry if it was taken that way.  I just voiced my opinion which was different from yours.  I guess after reading my post again it can be taken as defensive of OGT.  Certainly not an attack towards you.  If you believe I was attacking you then I am truly sorry.  That said I have a different opinion on the subject and will freely express it.  Have a great day! Greens.

No problem Dennis and no harm done and apologies for seeing it that way.

#8 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

Comparing the OGT Settings with PGLS i have to say that PGLS does the much better Job. On PGLS we got every day the Settings of the Day (Pins, Wind etc.) and also the real Weather Conditions. Especial on Day 3 that was great because at the End of the Round it starts to Rain like in real. Also PGLS make the Stimp Settings like real (for ex. on Day 3 we got a Stimp of 12 because the Weather makes the Greens slower). That's what's for me make a perfect Master set up and so i have to say Thanks to Mark and his Team. Great Job!!!!

• scoops100, Kimmer1947, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this
I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#9 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Comparing the OGT Settings with PGLS i have to say that PGLS does the much better Job. On PGLS we got every day the Settings of the Day (Pins, Wind etc.) and also the real Weather Conditions. Especial on Day 3 that was great because at the End of the Round it starts to Rain like in real. Also PGLS make the Stimp Settings like real (for ex. on Day 3 we got a Stimp of 12 because the Weather makes the Greens slower). That's what's for me make a perfect Master set up and so i have to say Thanks to Mark and his Team. Great Job!!!!

Totally agree especially for round 3 which pretty much played like it did IRL.  The stimp on Saturday was no more than 12 and the greens were so soft it really made Augusta defensless and to be honest not as much fun to watch on TV.  I really like how they do it at PGLS where the round is set the same day to mirror conditions and it was great fun also.  For the record I played both OGT and PGLS and was horrible at both but for some reason have never played Augusta well even dating back to Links and just not a good course for me.

#10 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

I quite like PGLS philosophy of realistic conditions vs realistic scoring. 

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#11 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the kind words Denny ;)

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#12 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:05 AM

For the record I played both OGT and PGLS and was horrible at both but for some reason have never played Augusta well even dating back to Links and just not a good course for me.

I love Augusta too and rarely play well.  And that goes back to the links days playing with the mod.  IMHO the JNPN version is great.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#13 Sup?

Sup?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

I quite like PGLS philosophy of realistic conditions vs realistic scoring. 

If you consider the "stormy feature" in this game realistic.  I certainly would get off the course if it all of a sudden turned pitch black and lightning bolts were going off all over the place... and so would the PGA.

• SJude likes this

#14 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:36 AM

Strange, I didn't have any rounds with stormy conditions, just overcast and some rain. But then I did play the rounds multiplayer, that may of made a difference.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users