#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

now be honest not wanting to hear from a bunch of people saying i never spent a dime other then the sub

cause i don't believe ya. after going through my bank statements from the start of charging i spent 740.00 bucks

now im disabled on a fixed income but i was still able to shake that much loose to have my entertainment.

i don't mind paying but when you go to the triple figures for a yearly sub i think that will just turn a bunch of people away.

hell that is an oz of my favorite painkiller.lol

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

I bought a year long subscription using an almost expired gift card I received a while back and that's it. I never saw any reason to spend any money when it was easy enough to earn equipment in other ways. 

As far as time goes, I think I played just over 100 rounds, most of which were in Wolf Creek so that I could make eagles and double eagles all day. 

WGT on the otherhand is a different story. ~$100 since August, 2009 for starting equipment and eventually upgraded equipment. Over 1,000 rounds played. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Okay, I'll bite...  For 2 one year memberships (30$ each), 2000 extra points (10$) and the TW12 expansion with a 3 month online membership (30$) I spent, give or take, quite exactly 100 bucks. I still feel a bit annoyed about buying extra points, it was quite early in my career and I found out later that I could easily have done without them.

I never bought any exp or cash boosters or multipliers, or putt or shot previews, because I did not need them.

For 100$ I was able to play the game for a total of 27 months, meet many nice people and good friends, win a few dozen online tournaments and prevail with my groups, the Stoners Club and the Super Pack, in a few more dozen GvG's. I retired in early January as a lvl 202 player with 11'800 unspent points and 66 mio tigerdollars on my account. All this for the low-low price of 12 cents a day. I consider that a very fair deal. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Okay, I'll bite...  For 2 one year memberships (30$ each), 2000 extra points (10$) and the TW12 expansion with a 3 month online membership (30$) I spent, give or take, quite exactly 100 bucks. I still feel a bit annoyed about buying extra points, it was quite early in my career and I found out later that I could easily have done without them.

Yep. It only took me a day or two to notice that EA was actually pleasantly surprising with their generosity when it came to points, rewards, etc. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Payed for 2 yearly memberships, 10 monthly memberships, once for points (like K11 I was an idiot not seeing I don't really need them). But luckily only payed 5 bucks for TW12. All in all around 100$. Didn't have to pay since January, but never lost my membership, so I got a bit of a refund if you wanna call it this way :)

Who cares...

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Never spent a dime.......... as never subbed, lol.

Links 2003 player.

:D :D :D :D :D

That said, I have spent quite a bit of cash on iRacing, which has the annual sub plus paying for additional track and car content that doesn't come with the initial sign up.

#7 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

$120 or so I think :)

#8 rocket

rocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

Zero.

#9 egl1219

egl1219

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

I spent about $70.

#10 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Spent a year subscription and then Masters with free 3 month.  Then had a glitch where it reupped me without billing me.  Ended up being about 60ish.  Never bought points but had a ton because I never used the many I got from EA for free.

#11 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

just what i thought would happen,i guess it has just slipped some of your minds who where on TWO from jump street

that the first year alone was 60 bucks. i really didn't spend what i posted either it was more like 3 or 4 hundred i just wanted a laugh and figured this would get it for me

instead of honesty you get a bunch of folks who just want to puff out their chests and say im just that good that i never had to spend any money.lol

what a hoot i don't mind it a bit saying i bought a bunch of multipliers over the time i played,but then again i have over 8400 rounds

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#12 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

$120 or so I think :)

this is more then likely very true as i kept track of teenz and know when she stopped paying

i would say over all she is if not the best within the top 3 on TWO

Klipsch Sound System

#13 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Too much!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#14 Gladdensnoot

Gladdensnoot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew York - not the city

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

Was in for the beta rounds. Received a one year subscription as a gift when it went live, took some time off, then subscribed myself for one year. The timing was perfect, as the subscription expires in June.

#15 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

After a year and a half doing the beta, I bought a couple of monthly subs, then got a discount on a yr, paid like 20 bucks for that, so about 36bucks total..

Only beta tested then supported it at first because of the promises that things could/would be fixed and added "on the fly".. Never happened though..

The same goes for PG, IMO if it isn't better then TW's PC 08, then It won't fly...Let's face it, LInks2003 is 10yrs old and TW's PC 08 is 5 years old, so technology has improved and we need to see it.. I am very hopeful this game will do it for us all.. :)

• DUNKLBJ likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#16 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was a beta tester from the start with TWO and only paid for the original membership fee ($60).  With the several thousand points I received with my original annual membership fee along with signing into the website each day I still have over 11,000 points left on my account.  

I stopped playing the game daily after my annual subscription ran out due to TWO failing to live up to my expectations.

I also believe in playing to win and not paying to win. ;)  

-MERACE

• DUNKLBJ likes this

#17 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

can`t really remember how much, it certainly was not very much, as soon as I saw people shooting 54 for 18 holes that was goodbye from me, rubbish game in my opinion.

#18 Blackadar

Blackadar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Not a darn thing because I thought it was a dreadful golf simulation.  Pangya Golf was more fun and took more skill.

#19 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Dave asked people to respond who paid-to-play.  And so it goes... LOL
Oh well Dave.  :blink:

And when I played it was terrific! I had an excellent experience with TWO.

$160.00 approx

#20 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Never paid a dime. Beta tested the whole way through and even won a Ping Asner putter (a real tangible one that I still use irl golf). So I guess I might be the only one that came out ahead in TWO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users