Photo

RTS tour - Register your interest

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: RTS tour (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested

1. Yes def, could be fun (24 votes [55.81%])

Percentage of vote: 55.81%

2. maybe, i shall consider it (8 votes [18.60%])

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

3. No, i'm strictly 3C why would i care, i'm only here cos i'm bored (11 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

I have created a thread for this so people can register an interest, that way we can gauge the numbers.  I would also like to extend an invitation to RTS-M players, considering this tour format would render the  steam exploit pointless there is no reason why RTS-M players should not feel comfortable participating.  I want to try and make it fun to play, if possible i would like each of the 4 rounds per week played at different venues, kind of like a tour within a tour.  This will break the monotony of playing the same course 4 times in a row, each round will provide a fresh challenge.  If you have any ideas to add to what i propose feel free to add them here and they will be considered.  We are probably about 5 to 6 weeks away from getting this off the ground, so plenty of time to offer suggestions.

8TKAoJC.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:26 AM

I doubt you're going to get enough players to have a descent controller only tournament with PC only. But this poll will be a good way to find out.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

I doubt you're going to get enough players to have a descent controller only tournament with PC only. But this poll will be a good way to find out.

You may well be correct, there are also people at PGLS that never visit this forum and they will see it when PGLS advertise it there, i'm hoping that the  "hidden any level"  approach will tempt people to try the controller and see how well it actually plays, A newcomer to controller or RTS-M could come in at say hacker and not feel too intimidated by a new method, as only they would know the level they play at.  Controller is a fun, quite quick MOP...we can only try i guess.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

I hope we get enough to do it as those who try have nothing to lose with how it's setup. Old habits are hard to break and time will tell.

#5 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

guess I misunderstood --if this is controller tour then i'm a no go --PC only for me

:)

#6 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

I hope this will come off and a tourney based on swing type can become reality. I'm talking about RTSM players in my case. I have nothing against Clickers but I've always found it strange why Swingers and Clickers were bunched together. The swing type presents different difficulties and challenges and should be separate. Hope you can pull it off.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#7 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

Just to be clear Dog, you are talking about being able to play at RTSM, not just with a controller?

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#8 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

Just to be clear Dog, you are talking about being able to play at RTSM, not just with a controller?

Yes, ignore the promo pic i will create a new one once we have everything in place and name it RTS tour to encompass both methods, there is no reason why RTS-M cannot join in....more the merrier.  The important thing is that there will be no benefit to be had from manipulating the controller swing via the steam exploit as the hidden any level with handicap will let you play easier if that's what you want, you will just be subject to handicap changes if you perform well each week. I want to include multiple bonuses so even if ur not troubling the top of the leaderboard you could still pick up a nice bonus to add to your earnings should you pull off a certain shot or shots.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#9 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

guess I misunderstood --if this is controller tour then i'm a no go --PC only for me

:)

It will be RTS-C and RTS-M

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#10 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

Well we have 13 yes votes up to now, that alone is prob just enough to at least launch it and see if more join...i'm staying positive  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#11 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:31 PM

So basically it will be an analog only tour.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

It cant get started soon enough.  One of the reasons I went to controller was the repetitive swing with a mouse using MS which I love was killing my shoulder as Arthritis is the culprit and the controller was perfect for it.  After a few days of MS I sense the shoulder acting up again and we cant have that as I still enjoy real golf and don't want any issues.  I think what I will do for regular tour events is just sit in chair and play 3C which doesn't bother the shoulder at all.  Hate to do that but hey if I am going to play tournaments and no controller I have no choice.  Cant wait to see this controller tour come about.

#13 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

I have to explain here that our timeframe at PGLS for this is going to be first half of June. The current season ends at the end of May, and controller play remains available until the end of this current season.

The reason for the timetable we have, aside from the end-of-season, is that we need to change out our server this week, and let the dust settle after with any of the more exotic elements of custom scripting and programming which have evolved over many years of the site's operation, both as PGLS and as WGTLS beforehand. There is also a prior arrangement which means staff absence over part of next month.

Once that is all taken care of, we will be able to focus on the creation of the new tour, which will require some coding for the prize funds that are being planned, but the bulk of the code to create the tour as a standalone entity has been done previously as part of development of a Country Club facility which we planned some time back to allow a maintained member-list events to be administered outside of the main tour operations. Work will begin on the coding in the final days of May, and whilst I can't give a firm date for the RTS Tour's launch date (real-life jobs being what they are), I envisage that any hiatus will be brief.

I apologize that I can't give an absolute date at present, and that there will be a time to wait before we get started, but rest assured as soon as we can be on a firmer footing on a schedule, we will make sure the RTS community know it is coming along.

• Greensboronclion and ZenHogan like this

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

No worries Mimic..

We can just plan to start playing the new tour with PG2 then yeah?

#15 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:36 AM

I never stated which year, of course....

• scoops100 likes this

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

Even with this tour I will still play the other events just with a different swing each day.  :lol:  The good news is I need a lot of practice with those other swings as there is a lot of rust but its all good.

#17 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

Sounds good to me, RTS/M all the way!

Appreciate all the courses you've done DoGgs, good luck with this.

#18 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

I'd probably play but I see tons of room for folks gaming the system.  Just imagine someone playing on TP for most of the season and then dropping down to Hacker on the big money tournaments and cleaning house.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#19 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

I'd probably play but I see tons of room for folks gaming the system.  Just imagine someone playing on TP for most of the season and then dropping down to Hacker on the big money tournaments and cleaning house.

I see your point but maybe we will not have any big money tournaments, each event could hold the same potential earnings,  you may have players dropping down to try and increase the chances of a hole in one to win a pot accumulator, chances are if a pot has rolled over to a big amount you will find more than one player dropping to hacker to try and win it anyway, anyone is free to do it, good luck to them, could be a smart move, but if you score well without grabbing that hole in one, you will be giving up shots the following week. We can only see how it goes in the first season.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#20 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

I see your point but maybe we will not have any big money tournaments, each event could hold the same potential earnings,  you may have players dropping down to try and increase the chances of a hole in one to win a pot accumulator, chances are if a pot has rolled over to a big amount you will find more than one player dropping to hacker to try and win it anyway, anyone is free to do it, good luck to them, could be a smart move, but if you score well without grabbing that hole in one, you will be giving up shots the following week. We can only see how it goes in the first season.

I'd give it a shot for sure. The point I'm making though isn't really for you as much as it is for the ones deciding to eliminate controllers from competitive play. Cheaters will always find a way. Period. Eliminating one control method due to a known loophole is super close minded. Address the loophole.
  • DivotMaker likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users