165 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

I wanted to pop in to apologise about how quiet we have all been.  Its been a whirlwind 8 months and there has been so much to do.  While I really cannot divulge too much information let me provide you all with what I  can.

1) Our work on PG2 continues apace and we have been able to add a couple of people to the team.  PG2 will become the core of all our work with TM.  

Beyond that until we have got further down the road (we are moving quicker now) it is hard for me to get into too much detail.  I hope you all understand that we cannot comment on too much.  

It took the 4 of us (Ivan Mike Brian and I) a long time to get PG1 out and PG2 is not just a re release of PG1 with some added features it is a whole new engine built from the ground up so it is going to take us just as long (maybe a little less with some additional resources).   Our initial goal is to get PG2 to the same place as PG1 from a functionalily perspective before moving on to other areas.  So please no questions about Career Mode.

The Trackman Simulator was released a week or so ago so and we have been doing a lot more broadcast TV work.  You can check out our stuff during the Players both on the Golf Channel and NBC

But so you know that we are all alive, and continuing to work on PG2 I thought I should post a little message.

All the best... Andrew

• Dazmaniac, axe360, fungolfer and 23 others like this

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

Thank you!!

#3 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

thank you Andrew

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#4 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

appreciate the heads up....

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#5 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

thanks andrew,you have calmed down the natives for the time being. :P i know this new venture is going to be great,really looking forward to it.Also using unity 2017 will be very welcome indeed.good luck to you guys.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

Thanks Andrew

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up Andrew, it is very much appreciated!

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#8 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

thanks andrew,you have calmed down the natives for the time being. :P i know this new venture is going to be great,really looking forward to it.Also using unity 2017 will be very welcome indeed.good luck to you guys.

Personally I think Unity is the wrong way to go.  Unity cannot even properly replicate colliders among many other issues.  Unreal Engine 4 is the way to go.

#9 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

Appreciate the update... :mellow: 

Ken

#10 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Now, where are those screenshots....  :lol: 

Just kidding!

Ken

#11 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

Hey, Buck, would you prefer your crow baked, barbecued or in a pie?   ;)  :)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#12 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:49 AM

wanderfull news !!

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Great news and we still have PG1 to play till then so it's all good.

#14 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

Great news and we still have PG1 to play till then so it's all good.

I agree 100% and thanks for the,  much appreciated, update Andrew.

#15 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

Personally I think Unity is the wrong way to go.  Unity cannot even properly replicate colliders among many other issues.  Unreal Engine 4 is the way to go.

No way that any Indie developer/PP can 

a) afford UE 4

b ) afford to completely rewrite the entire codebase of the game into a new engine unless you are willing to wait a few more years for the game to see the light of day.

If PP is using Unity 2018.1, it is a HUGE step forward in performance and functionality over previous Unity engines.

Lastly, many developer don't have deep pockets. Even though PP has now been bought by a much larger entity, pretty sure TM does not have unlimited funds or the kinds of funds most AA Developers have access to.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#16 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Perhaps PP should have approached the community with a view to crowdfunding PG2!
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

Hey, Buck, would you prefer your crow baked, barbecued or in a pie? ;) :)

Not sure why my reply to you got moderated out Joe…

The summary of my deleted post is... there is no crow to eat yet until there's an actual game or something for us to get our teeth into. We also still have no idea if the new version of the game will come this year or next year and/or which swing types and methods of play and usages it will cater to.

When any/all of that clears up and we have something tangible, I'll be the first one lining up to say I was wrong and I'll be excited to do it! :-)
  • JoeF and RobV like this

#18 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the update.

#19 WeedWhacker141

WeedWhacker141

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:38 PM

Thanks much Andrew!

#20 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

I am skeptical that user designed courses will be a part

of PG2 now that TM is in the equation. My thought is that 

TM will charge for PG2 with minimal courses, and then

have DLC for any others with no user input.

I certainly hope I'm wrong on the designer side of my statement.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users