11 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:46 PM

The second replay makes you feel like you're base jumping - without a parachute! :lol:

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

WOW

#3 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

good example why the game ball physics need to be looked at further. to make that shot you have to hit a pw or less lol

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:20 PM

good example why the game ball physics need to be looked at further...

Yep..

#5 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

WOW

Being over a mile above sea level makes it a very different experience. In most cases you have to decrease your shot distance by 35%. This one just happened to be in an OGT tournament this month.

On the second replay I still get butterflies in my guts as it falls out of the sky.  :lol:

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#6 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

good example why the game ball physics need to be looked at further. to make that shot you have to hit a pw or less lol

Very good, Slice.   PW would carry 276 yds (Titleist ProV1) or 312 yds (Topflight XL-Str), with no wind at 1650 m and 15OC.  Hang time is over 15 seconds.

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

All I did was swing easy.  I don't do any calculations, it's all intuition. :lol:

The point of the post is the fun visuals, not an analyses. :D

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#8 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:21 AM

It is a fun visual for sure.  Almost like the view you would have if you were a cliff diver.

I enjoy picking the physics apart, so that was my motivation for adding the numbers.  Still a cool video.

The interesting thing is that the high altitude (low air density) doesn't play much of a part in the carry.  Set it to sea level, and the ball only looses about 4 yards carry (PW).  It's a pure free-fall, or terminal velocity phenomena.

• Crusher likes this

#9 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:47 AM

My hole 16 on 5 Sisters is a par 5, with no shot like yours, has there be a redesign?

#10 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

My hole 16 on 5 Sisters is a par 5, with no shot like yours, has there be a redesign?

My version is the same everyone else played: fivesisters  at both sites.  Did you look at the upper left of the screen after the animation hits the ball?  It shows hole #16.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

It's not a redesign - this is from the challenge tees. At Five Sisters, some of these are set in wild, wild places. Not all challenge tees are like that, but some are. The par on 16 is set to 4 for this particular challenge tee.

Five Sisters is a bit of a goofy course in many regards, and does not take itself too seriously. What with all the tame'n'lame real courses around, check out the Sisters for some more adventurous experiences. Bring crampons with you.

• jmk59 likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#12 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

It's not a redesign - this is from the challenge tees. At Five Sisters, some of these are set in wild, wild places. Not all challenge tees are like that, but some are. The par on 16 is set to 4 for this particular challenge tee.

Five Sisters is a bit of a goofy course in many regards, and does not take itself too seriously. What with all the tame'n'lame real courses around, check out the Sisters for some more adventurous experiences. Bring crampons with you.

Good that you mentioned it was a tournament setting for Skills Challenge.  Indeed, as KB said, the tees are moved to shorter and/or tougher locations.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users