#1 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

hi,i have made tee markers by joining two of DPS tee prefabs together like in the house builder and made new prefab.so far so good.drags into scean fine.BUT,when i put them into the tee slots and test they are floating well above the tee base. i can take one of the blockes from the new prefab on its own and it workes but not the whole new prefab of two blockes. does anyone no why not,and can i fix it.?

cheers Hilton.

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

not using blender.

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

When I was doing mine, I had the same issue. I don't know what program you are using, but what solved the problem for me is I had to lower the prefab about 20-25 percent below the equator (in the editing program) and then save it again. I used a free copy of AC3D to make some of mine (balls, cubes, rocks, bubbles, a pine tree)

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#5 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

This should be doable in Unity.   

In the Hierarchy Window:  Create Empty

Click on the center of the empty gizmo and hold V for vertex mode (the center of the gizmo will change from blue/red/green to a grey square) 

Try to move the gizmo near the bottom of the tee markers you made.  Vertex mode will enable you to snap onto one of the vertices making sure you are on the object.  Positioning can be trail and error.  Something like this: 

RkTZjYh.jpg

Now drag all the meshes you used to make the tee markers INTO the empty object in your Heirarchy.  

Now name this empty object something... example "My Tee" 

Make "My Tee" a prefab and then drop the prefab into the desired  tee marker slot in CourseForge.  

Test the tee markers to see how they are positioned.  If they aren't lined up to your liking then you can pull the meshes back out of the "My Tee" object and reposition the gizmo/make prefab etc...  

Repeat until they are the size and position you want.  

Sorry for the long explanation.  It's not bad after you do it once or twice.  

#6 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:34 PM

Quick example of combining and positioning several DPR prefabs for tees.

4XFRXEZ.jpg

Hilton is this what you are trying to do?  

#7 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

i have done all that in unity , the test brings them into the scene,the spacing is fine. the only thing that has changed is they are floating above the tee base. i have used DP roberts tee marker program. a single tee marker sits on the tee base.but the new prefab made with two tee markers join together to make new prefab comes into scene with the test as built, but floats.everything is fine but the floating.

#8 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:41 PM

Quick example of combining and positioning several DPR prefabs for tees.

4XFRXEZ.jpg

Hilton is this what you are trying to do?  

yes.

#9 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

You have to create a new empty game object and place the combined tee makers inside of it.  If the markers are floating, remove the combined tee markers and move the gizmo higher on the object.  Then drop the tees back into the empty object.  This will bring it lower toward the ground.  

Remember after you reposition the gizmo you have to create a new prefab because the positioning has changed.  

The I made the combined tees in the picture above using the steps I explained earlier.  

#10 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

cheers man.thanks for your help.

#11 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Hopefully this will clarify a bit more 

Several prefabs within an empty game object (renamed "Example Tee1")

oSz9kop.jpg

This shows the gizmo position and how it affects tee placement when testing tee markers. 

eMmbxzS.jpg

Moving the gizmo higher on the prefab will lower the object 

OyLC4YG.jpg

You need to experiment to find what position you are looking for.  

Hope that helps.  

#12 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Actually, this helps me out a lot too.... thanks gents :)

#13 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Anyway to rotate these? I'd like to use the pine cylinder ones but have them horizontal instead of vertical.

#14 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

Is this what you're looking for? You can adjust the length of tham using the Z in the inspector for scaling.

Pine markers horizontal

xx7JbsY.png

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#15 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

Yes, that's exactly perfect.

I know the default ones are similar, but I want to be able to control the size and the color, and you can't do that with the default ones (and I never know what color I'm gonna get in the game). These would be for Kemper Lakes.

Two big thumbs up as always.

#16 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

These actually are the ones from DP's set. But you wouldn't be able to just turn them horizontal like you wanted. It would only be half the tee marker you wanted. I just took it in to blender duplicated it connected them to get those horizontals you wanted. I labeled them by the tee color so you should have no problems knowing what color is what :) . I have them set to just sit under the ground a little. I figured if I sunk them down anymore they would basically just be the same as what the default Tee marker is. If you think they should be some damn a little more let me know. It wouldn't take very long to do.

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users