#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

This will be my last course for JNPG, i may resume with PG2 if it ever comes, but lack of a career mode could well kill my interest in purchasing it but we will see. Big thanks to Mike for getting me onboard as a beta tester for CF, loved every minute of it...thanks Mike.  Thanks to all the testers, helpers and advice givers, great community that i hope will continue long into the future, but for now at least its time to lay down the tools, I'm normally really quick with my courses but this one has slow burned.  All holes are down, 90% of planting is done, just need to source some buildings and add some painting and cart paths.

jrfAArT.jpg

zQKfXR6.jpg

• luetze, balaceanca81, Greensboronclion and 2 others like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

Sorry to hear this.. I do understand and hope you just take a small break. Your recreations of tour course has been a blessing, and your fictional ones have given hours of enjoyment. Thanks for all you have done for the community and you will be missed.

• Arsam, cajuncapgun, LeazesNDR and 2 others like this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:30 PM

Thanks Tim, lol i have been pestering justin for maps for far too long, time to give that man a break, he's been awesome fairplay.  If indeed PG2 comes i will most prob resume at some stage, the itch would be begging to be scratched i know it, but i can safely say that's the end for me with this version...let's wait/see what comes in the future.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

Hell you can pester me whenever you want for a height map. I still have a few to send you yet of your home courses. I'll still send them to you once I am done with my course. I'm sure you can tinker with them in some of your spare time. Thanks for all of your courses, you've done up until now. Takes a lot of time for most anyhow LOL. Anyhow, I'm sure you will be back at some point to satisfy your itch for designing.

• MERACE likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#5 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for your efforts, DoGgs - it was only when I did a Google map of all PG's courses and attached the authors' names was I amazed how many you'd pumped out. Torrey in particular I love.

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Certainly understand it bud, hope you stay close and as others have said, hopefully it's just a short break. You have released many top notch courses and I have had the pleasure of testing only a few and was looking forward to more. I sure hope I get in on Torryey.

Whatever you do, take care and be good.

Larry

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#7 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Words fail me...please "say it ain't so"!

• Perculator and DoGgs like this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#8 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Good Luck DoGgs, but I'm fairly certain you'll be back, since this is 

I believe your 3rd "I'm Done" type topic. I've thought about it too, just haven't

typed it yet, 'cause I know how this bug bites.

Have a nice break, and see ya soon.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#9 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

DoGgs you will be missed here..Thank you for all your hard work and all your great courses.............Tony.

#10 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:58 PM

Have always enjoyed your creativity and willingness to try something different with each build. Your original trailer for Lost Tracks is still one of the best at showcasing what can be done with CF and Unity.

#11 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

I just realized I have never played the north course on any golf game. Will have to fire up JNPG to get a look at it. Thanks for your contributions to the game.

#12 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

Burnout, eh? It happens to all of us. Sometimes I need a few days away from things, particularly after a course release. But I'd hate to see you hang it up for good - you've got a lot of talent.

• cajuncapgun and Kimmer1947 like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#13 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

Burnout, eh? It happens to all of us. Sometimes I need a few days away from things, particularly after a course release. But I'd hate to see you hang it up for good - you've got a lot of talent.

No not burn out, although i know too well what that feels like lol.  It just feels like a good time to step away and see what comes with PG2.  Between now and then i have a project for turning my garage into a recording studio, i'm currently in the process of sound proofing it and slowly adding the gear i need.  I host a few open mic nights in my area and know plenty of people who are interested in recording a few tracks, i need to get off my butt as time waits for no man.  Justin still has one or two local course maps for me, one i def want to do as its the club that the incredible Gareth Bale plays at.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#14 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:13 AM

You've done marvolus courses here I'm sure every one will miss you, Good luck in the garage I'm sure will  do that proud as well. So what ever you do in the future good luck to you.

Hope you'll be back.

• spy88 likes this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#15 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

Will miss your courses also. I've been there myself with other golf sims. Hope to see you back at some point.

#16 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:37 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooo....

I hope it's just a temporary break and you come back refreshed.

Love wwll your work, you and a few other guys here churn out quality courses one after another and we will miss you if you decide to leave for good.

#17 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

Hope you eventually reconsider DoGgs..your work consistently amazes me.  But if not, thanks for leaving behind all of the great renditions for us to all enjoy.

#18 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

Very sorry to hear that Doggs. Hope you enjoy your break. Your courses are top notch. Thank you.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#19 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Recording studio? Damn. I want some of that.

I've been meaning to put in a music space if I ever get my basement finished, but life (and $$$) kind of keep getting in the way. I have all the gear I need; I just don't have a place to put it.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#20 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Recording studio? Damn. I want some of that.

I've been meaning to put in a music space if I ever get my basement finished, but life (and $$$) kind of keep getting in the way. I have all the gear I need; I just don't have a place to put it.

My gear is a mixture of odds n' sods, none of it really hi tech apart from my laptop. I got 4 x 15" mackie SRM 450's i love those speakers!   The most expensive part is my USB mixer, not sure what software i'm gonna use yet, need to do some research.  For sound proofing i have blanketing all round each wall, then a 6 inch gap before a dry wall right around, i'm now in the process of fixing acoustic wedge panels before i start rigging my condenser mics to the ceiling, the wedge panels are really affordable and they are great for sound proofing, cant wait to get it all up and running.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users