Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:48 AM

Dogz, get REAPER to use as your DAW.  

https://www.reaper.f...m/download.php 

Free to download and use as long as you wish if you don't mind the 5 second nag screen that comes up when you start the program.  A non-commercial license is $60.00 if you like it, gets rid of the nag screen and lasts for 2 full versions.  I got a license when version 3 came out in 2009 and renewed the license when version 5 came out 6 years later (2015).  Current version is 5.90.  (Get it now and buy a license when version 6 is released - probably early fall 2018).  Excellant .pdf manual available for free download, great forums with lots of help for the novice and there are numerous excellent tutorial videos available covering all aspects of the software.  I've been using professional DAW's since the early '90's and this is as good as the best out there.

• DoGgs likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#22 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:04 AM

Thank you very much for all your great courses and the many hours you put into them. In your great collection of courses I'm sure everybody has a couple of favorites as your creations are so well made, very playable and very enjoyable. For me, Muirfield, Ddraig Du, Caerphilly, Latrobe, St George comes instantly to mind. And I yet have to play a full round on .. Lost Tracks! (I will shortly) I keep coming back to lot's of your courses because they are spot on. Thanks from a big fan. Hope you will come back for PG2!!

• Arsam likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#23 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

Your Torrey Pines North rendition is looking really good.  We could be in for a very long wait until PG2 comes out, so I hope that you'll get the itch to do a few more between now and then.  If not I wish you the best and hope to see you online for a round again at some point.

#24 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

I loved the freedom of fictional design, it can be hit or miss sometimes but you tend learn something with each course.  The painting by numbers of map courses is also enjoyable in its own way although there is a pressure to source accurate buildings etc, most of the time i would just source something from sketchup that looks similar.  DPR's house builder is amazing but it took me a long time to get to grips with it and now i have forgotten everything i learnt...Doh!   saying that, i simply cannot seem to produce the fantastic buildings and clubhouses some of the guys here create, the technical side of design is not my strong point.  You may have guessed that this is a thinly veiled hint for someone to build me a clubhouse for torrey north, maybe even a few periphary buildings too  ;)  :P  Anyone???  anyway i'm hoping to finish it in the next couple of weeks, it feels enjoyable to play and it would be nice to bow out on a high with a fun course.  Rest assured if i get any future inspiration before  PG2 i will dive back in, it would be impossible not to.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#25 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

JoeF that link for reaper is not working, i found their site though...thanks  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#26 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

JoeF that link for reaper is not working, i found their site though...thanks  :)

Odd, it worked when I posted it but doesn't now.  Glad you found the site.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#27 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:00 AM

DoGgs,

Here is a link for the Torrey Pines clubhouse. It is missing the disability ramps on the front of the building, but other than that is should be close. If you think the ramps are needed, I can add them. You may have to scale it slightly. You will proably have to modify the colors once you see it in the created course. What you see in Unity doesn't transfer that well to the playable course.

https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

#28 slammin

slammin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:43 PM

If you want a great investment you might consider Cubase, from Steinberg, as your DAW. Pro Tools would be my second choice. All of my professional musician friends use one or the other in their home studios. I have Cubase 8 pro and am very satisfied. I have read good things about Reaper as well.

Good luck and enjoy your break. And thank you for the great courses!

#29 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

DoGgs I love your courses and will miss them but have to say I totally agree with you that without the career mode I also am losing the zest to play.  Tournaments just don't cut it anymore and I hope that we do see a JNPG2 and with a career mode.  As always your work is First class.

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

I hope that we do see a JNPG2 and with a career mode.

Not sure I'd get my hopes up on that, especially since I'm not sure it'd be useful enough for the Trackman side of things.

From May 10th, 2018 (I can't quote it here as the thread was locked):

Andrew said: 

"Our initial goal is to get PG2 to the same place as PG1 from a functionalily perspective before moving on to other areas.  So please no questions about Career Mode.

#31 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

He said don't ask about career mode, which i take as never coming.  Considering trackman are sim and sim users would not have career mode as a requirement, the prospect of said mode appears nothing more hopeless.

Larry, TYVM for the clubhouse...just the job! 

torrey north update - course is at beta and playable, i have been trying to find some pics to see where to add minor items and fences but cannot seem to find much.

Map is prior to course changes in 2016 so the course will not be accurate compared to how it is today, they swapped the back 9 to the front and adjusted most holes, so it will be torrey north 2016.  Will try and get a beta out soon.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

He said don't ask about career mode, which i take as never coming.  Considering trackman are sim and sim users would not have career mode as a requirement, the prospect of said mode appears nothing more hopeless.

Agreed - The best hope at this point for career mode (and maybe for new clothing/gear for players too) might be if they allow/build-in a more open architecture for PG2 that allows and even encourages modding/online sharing, etc.

I really hope they do, as those sorts of accessibility features have allowed so many previous games, in all genres, to thrive for long long periods of time.

I just noticed again the other day that PGA Championship, TW08 and I'm sure others (like Links), still to do this say have new file and course releases happening.

Totally awesome!

#33 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

What type of fence do you need? Here is a chain link fence:

https://cp.sync.com/...8x22dz-3x9is6zi

F57qPWB.jpg

• axe360, Justin9926 and DoGgs like this

#34 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Nice Larry...and Thanks

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#35 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Maybe someone can help here.... I don't have the torrey pine tree that you see scattered thru this course, i do have a similar looking tree ( same as the ones used on torrey south )  My latest build of the course has seen 2 of the 3 varieties disappear upon building and playing the course, they are still in assets along with the one version that is still showing in game.  I am at a loss why they would suddenly vanish when they were showing in previous builds...anyone?

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#36 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

Ooh, nice fence!

I've been using a sketchup fence which is okay, but I imagine this one is more economical on the FPS front. Plus the chain links don't seem to show up that well in the game.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#37 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:43 AM

I'm using a PC that was getting old a decade ago so I have an excuse, but why do people with new machines struggle with buildings that (with all due respect to the hard work put in) look like fairly simple stationary objects?  

• erwildcat likes this

#38 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

I just played the back 9 on the Torrey Pines North beta.  The water hazard just to the left of the 17th green must have some kind of collision detection on it that caused my opponent's ball to bounce back into the rough.  Course seems to be playing good otherwise though.

#39 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

I just played the back 9 on the Torrey Pines North beta.  The water hazard just to the left of the 17th green must have some kind of collision detection on it that caused my opponent's ball to bounce back into the rough.  Course seems to be playing good otherwise though.

Thats prob me not setting it as water in properties..thanks i'll fix with next update

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users