11 replies to this topic

#1 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Just got my Tittle x Sim and first impressions were good.  Took all of 15 minutes to setup, and connected flawlessly to my Alienware laptop and 70" screen TV.   I downloaded the 9 Gig E6 software beforehand. Sim pass there is $300 and online play plus tournaments with  access to all courses.

First 9 holes was  was 16 over with default clubs. The second 9, I was only 6 over after i tuned clubs to my one iron clubs. But had 8' gimmies set.  I was able to set loft and lie angle before playing the second 9 and  my club distances were spot on with real life distances.  Only have one course and can take 48 hours to get access to other courses. 

I set a ball on the floor and adjust loft by moving forward and back on the ball and addressing the ball before my swing. No loft meters to contend with.  Fade and draw the same way just open or close your club at the address of the ball and a little foot work and your set.  Only bad thing is 18 holes and i'm done for the day. Maybe 27 if i don't play real golf. tomorrow will tell if it messed with my real swing. The swing stick is slightly heavier then my Irons or driver. 

Did i mention 36 mops from 1-8 players

Really really wish pg would connect to Tittle x. Hopefully soon.

#2 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

One other feature is when I go outta town. Got my simulator with me. Again it's not as accurate as the Gc2 but I love the swing input over mouse anyway. No meters, no adusting loft for distance. It's by feel only and loving it.

https://photos.app.g...BFAJ4xjiSyRXWB9

#3 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

DOES THIS WORK WITH JNPG!

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#4 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:55 AM

DOES THIS WORK WITH JNPG!

I wish.  But as far as i know it doesn't, but i got a request in.  Its just a matter of time until one of the game developers adds a swing device that you don't need a ball or net.  So far its only E6 Tru Golf and waiting to here back on the online play and costs involved.   I'm really enjoying it though.  I would equate its play to more difficult then Tour Pro on JNPG.  Would definitely put scores on the + side of par.

#5 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

I was a bit surprised to see it supported in E6 Connect actually, as it obviously can't play competitively against launch monitors and that's what I thought they were aiming at. Maybe they'll just keep it out of their proposed multi-device league.

• JTee1 likes this

#6 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

Update:    https://golfsimulato...0733#post160733

#7 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

This looks very interesting!  Seems like maybe it fits somewhere between a full fledged simulator and a game (like TGC VR for instance).  From what I can tell it's not quite as accurate as a full simulator but it's close enough for most folks.  Kinda like a Wii motion swing on steroids.  

Is that the way to think about it?  

I'd order it RIGHT NOW if it worked on either JNPG or TGC. 

Does it come with decent courses?

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#8 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

This looks very interesting!  Seems like maybe it fits somewhere between a full fledged simulator and a game (like TGC VR for instance).  From what I can tell it's not quite as accurate as a full simulator but it's close enough for most folks.  Kinda like a Wii motion swing on steroids.  

Is that the way to think about it?  

I'd order it RIGHT NOW if it worked on either JNPG or TGC. 

Does it come with decent courses?

Enjoying the feel and play of it.  Yes its similar to wii but much better graphics and game play.  I made my own swing device for wii from and old club i had. 

Gameplay: Difficulty is JNPG Amateur to Tour pro level with the 3 difficulty settings in the Tittle app, plus you can set yes or no to penalties when in hazards.  You get no reading of what your penalty is either. ( which I like and calls for better course management )  There is 4 different wind settings from none to windy and you can set individual pin difficulties for each hole. Also the normal array of tee boxes and also the ability to adjust elevations for each course.  I like the ability to open and close my club face when addressing the ball and the loft as far as i can tell is minimal but happens by addressing the ball before you swing either to the front to back of the center of your stance also. 

Courses:  The 12 courses plus driving range and skill challenges make for 15 areas to play.  The courses are nice and good graphics, currently you can set up a tournament and other people play but not head to head.  Supposedly head to head is  in the works but courses are pricey.  Last event I played in there was 31 players.  

Head to Head play:  Supposedly their will be alternating courses available for those that sign up for the connect service for head to head online play but I'm not sure of the pricing structure for this .

Yes, I wish it played on TGC or JNPG for sure.  E6 bought the rights to this kick starter ( Tittle X ) and probably to gain revenue on the gaming side of things. I hope that's the case and they develop this to its fullest potential.

I've advocated for a swing device for JNPG from the beginning, Its just a matter of time until either TGC or JNPG add an Air swing device.    I've been tempted to buy the VR version of TGC but I tend to get a little queezy in the vr headsets.  I personally would pay the Sim fee ( $300 ) yearly to play E6, TGC or JNPG with this device. 

Hope this helps, only issue is I don,t want to play by mouse anymore and I live on 27 holes and its all inclusive in my HOA. So JNPG and TGC have taken a back seat for now. Its either real golf or E6 if its raining. 

#9 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Jtee.  That's very helpful.  

I'd also pay $300 to play either one of these guys with the airswing device.  It's a very nice compromise for someone dipping their toe into the simulation world.  TGC VR is a very cool little game.  The biggest drawback is the need for space and the setup.  The next biggest drawback is that it's very difficult to swing the "club" using the HTC controllers.  I was working with a guy that was trying to make custom 3D printed device to attach a real shaft to it... but let's just say that it wasn't working out too well.

I may go ahead and pick this thing up.  It's currently on sale at Amazon for about $170 so it's kind of a no brainer at that cost.  Which courses come with the game?  Can you buy additional courses?

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#10 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

Courses included:  https://www.youtube....dHHgfRWkDgL4uXL

Buy courses:  https://e6golf.com/golf-courses/

E6 Connect:  https://e6golf.com/e6-connect/

Courses are pricey but from what i read with the E6 connect service ($300 year) and there will be 27 rotating courses for those that join and play the tournaments. Hopefully JNPG will come out with a swing device in the future. Its just data being transmitted like the GNC2 or skytrack to the API.  Obviously Tittle x doesn't have to worry about ball contact, but i put a ball on the floor and adjust my stance accordingly.

On the driving range on any given practice session i have a spread upto 60 -90 feet left or right of target. If i keep good form i shoot well, if i get lazy im all over the place. Im a bogey golfer at best and I shoot very similar scores on this.  Which is what i enjoy, set my shot up as irl and just play. Its just more enjoyable for me. Buddies come by on rainy days and its the 19th hole and golf combined, lol.

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Courses included:  https://www.youtube....dHHgfRWkDgL4uXL

Buy courses:  https://e6golf.com/golf-courses/

E6 Connect:  https://e6golf.com/e6-connect/

Courses are pricey but from what i read with the E6 connect service ($300 year) and there will be 27 rotating courses for those that join and play the tournaments. Hopefully JNPG will come out with a swing device in the future. Its just data being transmitted like the GNC2 or skytrack to the API.  Obviously Tittle x doesn't have to worry about ball contact, but i put a ball on the floor and adjust my stance accordingly.

On the driving range on any given practice session i have a spread upto 60 -90 feet left or right of target. If i keep good form i shoot well, if i get lazy im all over the place. Im a bogey golfer at best and I shoot very similar scores on this.  Which is what i enjoy, set my shot up as irl and just play. Its just more enjoyable for me. Buddies come by on rainy days and its the 19th hole and golf combined, lol.

Very cool.  Thanks for all the info!  When I was playing golf on the regular I got as low as an 8 handicap but when I quit playing I was up around a 13.  I haven't swung a club since March of 2017 when I shattered the ball of my shoulder and was the lucky recipient of a shiny new titanium one.  I'm just now considering trying to play again.  I don't even know if I can swing a club.  I know for certain that my follow through will be very limited as I can barely reach my left side with my arm!

I think I'll buy this and try it out!  Thanks again for sharing all the information!

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Very cool.  Thanks for all the info!  When I was playing golf on the regular I got as low as an 8 handicap but when I quit playing I was up around a 13.  I haven't swung a club since March of 2017 when I shattered the ball of my shoulder and was the lucky recipient of a shiny new titanium one.  I'm just now considering trying to play again.  I don't even know if I can swing a club.  I know for certain that my follow through will be very limited as I can barely reach my left side with my arm!

I think I'll buy this and try it out!  Thanks again for sharing all the information!

Good tip if your limited on your swing, playing courses at a higher elevation will get you the extra distance so you can enjoy it.  This  will give you something to work back into your game.  I know you'll enjoy it.  One day TGC or JNPG will get a similar device.  The current online play keeps all your stats and scorecards and are handicap events so it levels the playing field. So regardless of level of play or device your on a level playing field. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users