33 replies to this topic

#21 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:40 AM

See how much better the trees look than speedtree trees and they fit the environment of the course.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#22 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Lee, that makes me want to try and get Links back on my computer, I think I will look into trying to get it back on win 10

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#23 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

Lee, that makes me want to try and get Links back on my computer, I think I will look into trying to get it back on win 10

If you need help this topic has good links and info.

http://www.perfectpa...k3/#entry168313

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#24 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:18 AM

thanks for bringing up this post from last year jurgie.. I was just about to do the same thing.

One more to add. Waterstone by Jason Thorpe. This course is absolutely beautiful. The textures and the layout are first class. How about a video of this one? Jason had 3 other renderings for Links2k3. Awaba Forest (2007), Huntingdale (2012) and Firestone South (2016). All these courses were rated well over 4.0 out of a possible 5.0 by the Links members. I also have to add our friend who is now a member here, Matthew Rose. He was also a major contributor to some outstanding course designs for the Links platform.

#25 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:58 AM

I purchased the download application from Links Country Club. Then download the free patch 1.7 to allow the game to play on wide monitors. Easy process, nothing complicated.  Game still looks and plays great.  I also play this game in windowed mode at 1280 x 720.  JNPG is also played in windowed mode.

You mentioned that you have Links running in Win. 10. If so, are you running the game with an Nvidia GTX card of 1060 or higher. If you are, could you do me a favor and go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under AA mode select Override  any existing application and set AA to 2X or 4X, go into the game and see if there are any visual abnormalities. I have a 1060 card and am unable to force AA into The Links game. Having AA is a big issue for me because of my 60" monitor. Not having AA in Links really shows the jaggies on this large viewing screen I am able however to apply AA to Tw08 8X no problem.

#26 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:45 AM

I purchased the download application from Links Country Club. Then download the free patch 1.7 to allow the game to play on wide monitors. Easy process, nothing complicated.  Game still looks and plays great.  I also play this game in windowed mode at 1280 x 720.  JNPG is also played in windowed mode.

You mentioned that you have Links running in Win. 10. If so, are you running the game with an Nvidia GTX card of 1060 or higher. If you are, could you do me a favor and go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under AA mode select Override  any existing application and set AA to 2X or 4X, go into the game and see if there are any visual abnormalities. I have a 1060 card and am unable to force AA into The Links game. Having AA is a big issue for me because of my 60" monitor. Not having AA in Links really shows the jaggies on this large viewing screen I am able however to apply AA to Tw08 8X no problem.

Click my signature (Hardware Performance) and you'll see all the hardware I have in my Rig. The video card is an EVGA GTX 1070Ti. There is no need on my system to change any of the settings in the nVidia Control panel.  I would recommend setting the Control Panel to default settings to allow apps to control their own quality..especially after you check your Quality Slide Bar.

I am wondering if you are going to Options/Graphic Settings and pulling the Quality Bar all the way to the Right?

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#27 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:57 AM

Here you go jurgie.  I see lots of request and will get to them as soon as I can.

There are request in the Legacy Golf topic.  Maybe we can consolidate them over there?  You guys choose.
http://www.perfectpa...f-on-w10-v1809/

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#28 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:15 AM

so kewl!

#29 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:39 AM

Click my signature (Hardware Performance) and you'll see all the hardware I have in my Rig. The video card is an EVGA GTX 1070Ti. There is no need on my system to change any of the settings in the nVidia Control panel.  I would recommend setting the Control Panel to default settings to allow apps to control their own quality..especially after you check your Quality Slide Bar.

I am wondering if you are going to Options/Graphic Settings and pulling the Quality Bar all the way to the Right?

I think I mentioned this before, Links2k3 did not have an AA feature built into the game. Therefore, leaving the AA setting in the control panel at application controlled did not induce any AA into the downloaded courses because the AA feature did not exist within the Links game. This is why I have always had Nvidia Graphic Cards. In the Nvidia Control Panel under Antialiasing-Mode I would choose (Override Any Application) then under Antialiasing Settings I could choose the AA amount from 2x to 8x. I always used the 8x setting because it would totally eliminate all the jagged edging which appeared frequently in the course designs. I play all my golf Sims at highest visual quality. What I was doing is forcing AA settings into a game that was not set up for AA. Nvidia was the only card to my knowledge that you could do this with and eliminate all the jaggs. The GTX series 10 cards apparently will no longer allow you to override  controlled existing settings. BTW, you are talking about the Quality Slide Bar located within the Links game,  is that right? If so, I do have it set at highest quality.

#30 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:21 AM

@jurgie

Reinstall or update your Graphics driver. Do a clean install.  Make sure your monitors resolution is set to the highest resolution you can work with.  If it's a 1920x1080 monitor, then set it to it's native resorption.   Same would be true of 3840 x 2160 pixels or 4096 x 2160 pixels.

Good luck!

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#31 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:10 AM

@jurgie

Reinstall or update your Graphics driver. Do a clean install.  Make sure your monitors resolution is set to the highest resolution you can work with.  If it's a 1920x1080 monitor, then set it to it's native resorption.   Same would be true of 3840 x 2160 pixels or 4096 x 2160 pixels.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the info. I always use the latest drivers and run the game at 1920x1080 my native res. Never had a problem with AA in Links until I went to the GTX 1060 card. Go figure.

#32 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for all the info. I always use the latest drivers and run the game at 1920x1080 my native res. Never had a problem with AA in Links until I went to the GTX 1060 card. Go figure.

I bought and returned the 1060.  The bandwidth is 192 vs 256 for the 1070 and 1080.  IMHO the best card for this and many games is the 1070Ti FTW for High to Ultra High Settings.  Then experimenting with the distance, shadow and other quality settings.

Personally I prefer short shadow distances but a long view of the golf course.

46561783175_436a401f92_b.jpg

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#33 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2019 - 04:56 AM

@jurgie

Good luck!

Just a quick mention regarding AA in Links2k3. Talked to a knowledgeable guy in Links Corner Forum. He assured me that there is no way to apply AA into L2k3 is you are running a graphics card in the 10 series or higher. That's a real shame.

#34 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

I think someone asked for Sapphire Lake.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users