• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 marauders

marauders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:14 AM

Hey guys, I really appreciate all the help everyone has provided while completing my first course. I have another question...

I searched everywhere but can't find info on updating the audio track for a course (i.e. forest, beach, tropical, desert, etc.) with the sounds of the wind, birds, crickets, etc.

Would anyone mind sharing where these changes are made, and where good audio tracks can be found? My course is a real course in Florida and I want to get that birds/insect sound on a Florida morning.

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

https://youtu.be/tSSZGcGQlLs

This may get you started

Many places to download .wav sounds Freesound.org is one

Audacity.com is one free sound editor, there are others.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:29 PM

Ok so no screen shots as said on vid of settings...or is this another half completed tutorial leaving one with more questions than answers....would be great if someone could post a thorough STEP BY STEP tutorial on adding sounds....

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

Ok so no screen shots as said on vid of settings...or is this another half completed tutorial leaving one with more questions than answers....would be great if someone could post a thorough STEP BY STEP tutorial on adding sounds....

The video was for beta testers initially and was posted in a private forum. The tutorial course came with sounds already.

You can always pause the video on the relevant screens if you want to copy the settings.

#5 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

Try this site for birdsong.

http://identify.what.../_/0/attrs.aspx

I use Wave Editor for editing.

Looks like you already have a link to NoPutts tute.

Cheers

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Not my Tut, that's just the settings for Global and local

I believe, haven't watched it in awhile.

I'll make a tut on how to edit and install,

just gimmie a couple days.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

And BTW...oops! The link I put in was the wrong one. Its a good site for finding out what birds are in a given area, but the one for the best birdsongs is:

httEps://www.bird-sounds.net/

Sorry...and enjoy!

#8 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

Here is a little video on how to add

Global and local sounds.

Hope this helps a bit.

I've noticed that (sometimes) after you've added

your sounds and try and play in Unity that the sounds

won't play, but if you go ahead and build they will

play in game. Must be a bug, just a heads up.

Have Fun

• DPRoberts and Great_White_Shark like this

#9 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Thanks heap NoPutt..When you say Global I imagine thats for whole course is that also for localized  say a specific hole or holes you want a certain sound.......Also i have tutorial wish list......1-How to add Animation....2- How to add waterfalls...Cheers..

#10 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:50 AM

And BTW...oops! The link I put in was the wrong one. Its a good site for finding out what birds are in a given area, but the one for the best birdsongs is:

httEps://www.bird-sounds.net/

Sorry...and enjoy!

Nice site..Thanks

#11 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

The video was for beta testers initially and was posted in a private forum. The tutorial course came with sounds already.

You can always pause the video on the relevant screens if you want to copy the settings.

Thanks Mike

#12 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

Thanks heap NoPutt..When you say Global I imagine thats for whole course is that also for localized  say a specific hole or holes you want a certain sound.......Also i have tutorial wish list......1-How to add Animation....2- How to add waterfalls...Cheers..

It's always amazed me how contracting my lungs and forcing air

through my vocal chords causing a vibration can transfer data

to another living thing, in most cases.

#13 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

PS..Also making an Ocean scene...........

#14 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:09 PM

Is there any way to use the old Links 2003 soundsets (.ssf) in Perfect golf? I really like "Natural Wall of Sound". 

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#15 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

Is there any way to use the old Links 2003 soundsets (.ssf) in Perfect golf? I really like "Natural Wall of Sound". 

I can't remember how large or what's contained in that script?  I suppose if it's just nature sounds it could be used as a global file in PG, but it would have to be assigned by the designer of the course and could not be added by a user at this time.

LINKS came with a sound editor that could trigger certain sounds when a certain shot was made, as of now, PG doesn't have this feature.

" Looks like you hit the tree Jim"

• erwildcat likes this

#16 Great_White_Shark

Great_White_Shark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:21 AM

Hi Noputt i dont seem to have a main Camera. can you show how to create or import..Cheers

#17 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

The Unity site has an Answers section,

It's a lot quicker than waiting here for a reply.

Just sayin'.

https://answers.unit...ain-camera.html

• RobC likes this

#18 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

Here is the original camera from the CF tutorial. With the audio listener, mouse look and all of its other components. 

https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

I just noticed that if you go into standard assets the camera prefab is in their. Just drag it up into the scene, and you're good to go

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#19 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

Just caught this thread. Thanks Neal. Good stuff!

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users