Photo

Assuming these things will be there in the final version?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rane

rane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Heya.

Just bought and tried Perfect Golf on Steam (and just signed up here as well). Been playing Links 2003 1.7 update for a while as reference - and TW up till 2008.

Heres my 2 cents so far:

- Game runs great with no crashes so far
- Great graphics, altho some textures are very corny/pixelly
- Im assuming the avatar is getting many more animations - i think the swing is a bit too fast
- Sounds could improve. Im missing the "digging up a nice grass/dirt steak when hitting the ball" sound. Basically its the same drive, iron and putting sound all-around. Assuming this will change :)  Would be great to have different kinda driving sounds (depending on the shot power perhaps) and so on.
- Speaking of which...no divots?
- A couple of graphics glitches like mentioned in the bug section
- More/better information on the screen is needed
- A "Pitch" shot would be really nice to choose from
- When i started the game, the resolution was set to 640x480 in Windowed mode. Changing it to 1920x1200 didnt work immediately as it should. It did go into fullscreen mode but the menu graphics was very rough/corny still - until i clicked on another menu, then it became razorsharp.
- I expected the wind to react more than it did at 15-16mph - plus wind sounds would be very nice as well ;-)
- Sometimes when hitting a drive, the landing camera was placed behind some bushes/trees so i couldnt see where the ball ended up. I dont think its indicated whether it landed on the fairway, rough or bunker? If it did, it wasnt very clear anyway
- Colors in the game could be more vibrant. They seem a bit dull some places.

- GENERALLY...its already a really great golf game!  But i still think the Links 2003 1.7 version is more realistic in terms of ball physics, easy setup of shots and so on (i like the fact that in Links you could have several cameras permamently attached to your screen and move them around as you please).

#2 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Some great points here, have a search around the forum and you'll see lots of updates about what we will be working on. Some of the things you want are are already in the game such as different sounds on the same club depending on how hard you hit it etc

Lots of your points will be worked on during the course of Early access so we can make the final game everything we all hope it can be.

#3 rane

rane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Sounds great Mike :)

This was just my early impression of the game after 9 holes only, so i'll have to do some more digging into the game (especially with the sounds, they seemed the same to me at first listen...).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users