#1 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

This problem has always been there but I guess I kind of hoped it would get fixed so I have been waiting. 

When in practice mode or when you take a mulligan. You are brought back to where you started and can take a new shot over and over again.

Problem is that the game switches between "follow" cam and "players view" cam randomly. Or maybe there is some logic to how it happens but it's nevertheless annoying to not be able to see where the ball ends up.

There are variants of this problem in normal game play as well. I have not paid attention lately but believe when you drop after having been in a hazard. Next shot will have player view cam and then for the shots after go back to whatever you have selected. I could live with that but not being able to see where the ball ends up in practice mode is a huge problem.

#2 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

After a drop or mulligan the game defaults to panoramic view.  One can use the "C" key to scroll to the player/follow cam view or if one clicks on the screen to aim the game will automatically return to the player/follow cam.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#3 Tretee

Tretee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

That explanation makes sense, but it's still annoying that it works that way because in practice mode you do not want to be clicking anything between shots.

Anyway a fellow sim golfer came up with a work around. 

Use player cam instead of follow cam and set Snap Camera to forward. That way you can see the shot shape/trajectory and zoom in to the landing spot just before touch down. No need to click anything between shots. 

In my case I used follow cam and Snap Camera set to OFF.  

#4 SoftDraw

SoftDraw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:59 PM

I am having the same seemingly random camera issue in practice mode.  I have tried using the Player Cam and Snap set to Forward per the above post from TreTee,  but I still randomly get panoramic or even the other view camera view which looks like the camera is aimed off to one side (Companion View???) I have that off in settings.  I just want it to keep the player cam as the default.   

seems like a bug - hoping there is a solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users