#1 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

To my fellow guy golfers that live in the Sc/Nc area,be safe this weekend as I live just south of Columbia,Sc..as it looks it’s going to take a left turn after landfall and come right through the middle of the state where I live...
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

I'm near Clemson,Greenville. I imagine we will get some

wind and rain late Saturday/Sunday, but nothing like what the 

coast is about to encounter. Large influx of Coasties here already,

all rooms are booked, stores and gas stations are trying to keep up.

Stay Safe

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:13 PM

This storm is nothing to play around with, if you are on the coast there, you need to get out, I was a lineman for 37 years and went through Katrina and worked many hurricanes guys and gals, it's not pretty, be safe

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:14 PM

Be safe fellas, In a way i'm kinda jealous!  that may sound a bit odd and daft but in the UK we never see such extremes, the power of nature never ceases to amaze me, i would love to able to witness it knowing of course we could all be safe doing so.  The last storm we had in the UK was 1987, even then it was only an average wind speed of 50-60mph, up to 115 mph gusts in places... it did a hell of a lot of damage though.   It's more famous for our TV weatherman at the time telling the country not to worry, nothing was coming....next day 2 billion pounds worth of damage lol 

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:47 PM

I am in zone B in Surfside Beach and have vacated to Greensboro NC. I fear my town won't be the same when we are allowed back in as this will be a real bad one.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Florence is a Monster

YvlrKrI.jpg

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:44 PM

If I got power come come Friday/Saturday,I need to turn on real-time weather to see if it’s accurate..lol...
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#8 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

Hope all of you over the pond stay safe and have homes to come back too. I see it's easing just a touch so hope that continues.

Like Doggs wrote, we cannot imagine what it's like to go through the worst Mother Nature can throw at you over here. We had snow lying on the ground (3 inches even!!!!) twice this last winter in March in Dorset and thought that was extreme, lol. 

That is one impressive picture mind, shame it has to hit land and cause damage and hopefully not a lot else.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users