#1 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

For anyone interested, here is a simple season simulator that I sometimes use. Back in the Links 2003 days Dave McDonagh released it and a while back I updated it with the current tour players.  Also thanks to Armand who fixed a bug or two.

It's real easy to customize with player rosters, ability, participation rate, courses, field size, cut, number of rounds, prize money, etc. 

https://mega.nz/#!T4...lxkKxYhUKNqTd4k

• Dazmaniac likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#2 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

This is a terrific FedEx simulation!  Two things need to be fixed to get it running, though.

1) go to the "ldrb" tab.  Right click on the golfers picture that's labeled "Round Transfer" so a pop-up box appears.  Scroll down and Left click on "Assign Macro" button for another pop-up box.  Scroll down and click on the macro named "rndscoretrans", an click OK.

2) go to the "plyr" tab.  Right click on the golfers picture that's labeled "Back to Leaderboard" so a pop-up box appears.  Scroll down and Left click on "Assign Macro" button for another pop-up box.  Scroll down and click on the macro named "backtoldrb", an click OK.

Save the file, and everything should work.  Great find Highfade!

#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:36 PM

Would like to use this but instructions are not easy to follow, could do with a step by step guide for total noobs like me...and i mean step by step!  :)

• clubcaptain likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:06 AM

This is a terrific FedEx simulation!  Two things need to be fixed to get it running, though.

1) go to the "ldrb" tab.  Right click on the golfers picture that's labeled "Round Transfer" so a pop-up box appears.  Scroll down and Left click on "Assign Macro" button for another pop-up box.  Scroll down and click on the macro named "rndscoretrans", an click OK.

2) go to the "plyr" tab.  Right click on the golfers picture that's labeled "Back to Leaderboard" so a pop-up box appears.  Scroll down and Left click on "Assign Macro" button for another pop-up box.  Scroll down and click on the macro named "backtoldrb", an click OK.

Save the file, and everything should work.  Great find Highfade!

Thanks jmk. Strange I don't have that problem?  Maybe it happens with newer versions of Excel.  Your welcome to post an updated version.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

#5 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:23 AM

I've started to make lots of changes in the macro coding and added fancier buttons, for my own personal copy.  Mostly its simple additions from my own Career spreadsheet.

Some of my fixes:

• changed the round 2 format to proper 3's in a group, going out in reverse order of round1. Had been groups of 2 by R1 score.
  • updating the WR and PGA rank for 2018.
  • update FedEx points for 2019

still to do:

• update the courses database (pull-down menu of all the PG1 courses)
  • 2019 schedule
  • playoff that doesn't use random score for human player

I'll send you a copy when I finish.

• highfade likes this

#6 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

Cool, sounds great!  ;)

#7 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:54 AM

Do I have to buy Excel, or is there any chance it would work with one of the free alternatives? Never use them, so I don´t know how compatible they are for macros etc.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#8 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

Do I have to buy Excel, or is there any chance it would work with one of the free alternatives? Never use them, so I don´t know how compatible they are for macros etc.

I'm pretty sure google sheets with work for this whIch is free if you have a google account.

#9 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:13 PM

Try this. https://www.libreoff....1.2&lang=en-US

It’s what I use for Linux. But it’s available for Windows as well.

#10 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Thanks, will give it a try when I am totally rested and having lots of time   :)  I sometimes miss setting up my own career tourneys and chosing themed courses like i did in Links.

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#11 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

Had a little look and managed to work out how to get through an event, but not how to post my scores.

Think there could be some mileage in this and maybe using it for a bigger audience. Rather than a personal career mode only, but for 10-20 people. Possibly use it for a 10 event Season or something. Would it be possible to allow for many more players in an event? I'm confident on excel but not with Macros, never used them much and am very aware that there is quite a bit going on in the back ground here.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

We need a step by step guide folks...anyone up for doing it? would really like to try it out.

• clubcaptain likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:14 PM

Affo,

The "1 hole", "30 holes", and "all holes" pics/macro buttons act like a VCR in that it advances the scoring, by group, that many holes at a time.

When it gets to your group, a message box appears and tells you its your turn to input a score for the hole you're on.  Click "OK" and it sends you to your scorecard.  Click on the box with the number on it.  It will highlight where you should input your score.  Click on the pic "go back to leader board". 

You now have to advance the VCR another 47 holes (144 in field / 3 per group - your group) until its your turn again.

The main difference between Highfade's spreadsheet and my Career Grand Slam spreadsheet is that Highfade's is beautifully macro-ed, but has outdated and UN-intuitive buttons and graphics.  My version is sloppily programed (I'm a beginner) but I've got some nicer buttons and databases.  I'm tying to add my artwork to his structure.

Hope this helps.

• Affo likes this

#14 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

Doggs - when you download it and start to poke around with it, send me a PM.  I'll walk you through.

• highfade likes this

#15 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:13 AM

@Jmk59

Have you had a look at “Greybeards Virtual Tournament“(GBVT).

It can be downloaded at the Links Corner Forums.

Maybe you can use some for you own spreadsheats.

And maybe you could help me to make it run on a newer excel version. It's only supported to 2007. I use the latest office and get Debug messages when trying to initialize the career.

#16 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:35 AM

@frank70

I do have GBVC - comes with 5 spreadsheets and 1 word doc instruction.  I have Office 2007, and just ran the initialization program with no debug errors.  I could upload it for you to grab and see if it's just the initialization holding you back.  I think he set it up for the 2010 season, though.

JMK59

#17 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

@frank70

I do have GBVC - comes with 5 spreadsheets and 1 word doc instruction. I have Office 2007, and just ran the initialization program with no debug errors. I could upload it for you to grab and see if it's just the initialization holding you back. I think he set it up for the 2010 season, though.

JMK59

I had hoped that you have a newer excel version and could have helped me to get it running. I just don't know what to do when this error/debug message pops up.

I have discovered a way / formular to produce very realistic cpu scores. It's really a shame that the compatibilty mode of excel cannot handle it properly.

#18 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:58 PM

I had hoped that you have a newer excel version and could have helped me to get it running. I just don't know what to do when this error/debug message pops up.

I have discovered a way / formular to produce very realistic cpu scores. It's really a shame that the compatibilty mode of excel cannot handle it properly.

I have Excel2016 at work.  I could try your scoring routine there.  I might be able to re-write it in Excel2016 to be backward compatible.  Am I going to have to translate from the German language version?

#19 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

I have Excel2016 at work. I could try your scoring routine there. I might be able to re-write it in Excel2016 to be backward compatible. Am I going to have to translate from the German language version?

The program itself (GBVT) is in english. Maybe you could try to set up a 2018 season (current players and WGR points) in excel 2016 and load it up.

My scoring fixes take place in the “players“ tab - and can be made whenever you want.

#20 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

I'll give it a go on Monday.

I just gathered the full 2019 and 2018 FedEx schedules, new 2019 points structure, and both WGR and 2018 FedEx season rankings for the SIM2019 spreadsheet.

John

• frank70 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users