Photo

Water Hazard Spline Limit?

Best Answer NoPutt , 22 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

There is no limit to the number of hazard splines. You can also click on individual stakes and delete them.

Make sure your water is assigned with the water physics property..

Only 1 OB spline is allowed, most encircle the whole course

unless you need it to snake inside and back out.

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lords8n

lords8n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

Seriously, if this forum had a search feature I would certainly use it to get answers to any questions I ask that may have already been answered. I have browsed many pages into this forum and have learned a lot, but there are some things I haven't found answers for.

Is there a limit to the number of water hazard/lateral water hazard splines one can place?
My course is 100% islands so I really need a lot of them.

Using information found here I put water hazard splines around all of my holes individually, and created lateral hazards where applicable. This worked kind of well for the first nine holes apart from the lateral hazard sometimes placing an offending golfer out in the water where the outer edge of the water hazard ended.

Once I completed water hazards around the back 9 I found during testing that the water hazards were not being recognized at all. It went back to the way it was before a placed my first water hazard...hitting the water sounded like hitting a tree, and it would take forever (up to two or three minutes) for out of bounds to be recognized and the decision window to come up.

I've done a lot of work here and I would hate for something like a water hazard to derail my efforts at this point.

Any help is appreciated on how to handle hazards and OBs around my islands.

Screenshot provided to make clear my situation...

blsc.jpg

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:35 PM   Best Answer

There is no limit to the number of hazard splines. You can also click on individual stakes and delete them.

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 lords8n

lords8n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:51 PM

kmOSaL4.jpg?1

OMG LMAO!
I just deleted all my water hazards and started from scratch.
In reality I created a second small OB spline. It was after this that everything went south.
All I had to do was delete that second OB spline I bet.
Live and learn!

Thanks so much!

#4 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

For information, you can search the forum by using the cog icon (immediately to the right of the LinkedIn logo) at the top right of every page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users