#1 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

Self-explanatory..... the lighting is normal until I zoom in really close, and then everything goes darker. Also trying to zoom in from a flatter angle still creates the same result. Lighting settings are what I always have.

It is frustrating trying to do detailed things when everything darkens. Is there a simple fix for this?

Resetting to human height doesn't seem to work like it can for z-fighting.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#2 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

Check the Edit-Project Settings-Quality and under Shadows make sure your Shadow Cascades is Two Cascades and not Four.

#3 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:24 AM

I think you can also get a shadow when under the "Directional light" - if so, you can select it the hierarchy and change the "Shadow Type" in the inspector to "No Shadows" - you have to remember to switch it back to "Soft Shadows" before you build, otherwise no in game shadows I believe.

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

The cascades thing worked - thanks!

In case anyone is curious, this project is Crooked Stick.

• DPRoberts and Stingreye like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#5 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing this one, great track

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#6 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 19 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

The proper way to do this and this is from DPRoberts is to adjust the Shadow Cascade to Two instead of Four it is probably on Four. In the event you do not know how to do this adjustment you are a moron ... just kidding to me adjusting this is complicated but here is how you do it - but remember I assume you should at some point make it back to Four such as when you submit your course who knows but adjusting it to Two works it gets rid of the Shadow when you zoom in which is quite nice. 

Ok so you Click on Edit.   At the Top LEFT is File Edit Assets - (I'm talking about Unity - when Unity is open) 

So click on Edit 

Then you see a drop down menu go all the way down to where it reads "Project Settings" 

hover your mouse over Project Settings and within 10 minutes another side window thing is shown now 

Click on QUALITY 

What happens is you get this unusual window thing in the inspector that you probably have never seen before 

Almost all the way down it will read Shadow Cascades (this is in the inspector) 

So then Adjust the Shadow Cascades to where it reads TWO 

and WHAM no more stinking shadows when you get close 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users