22 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Are official tournaments now a thing of the past ?

I remember PG taking back control of this with an eye on some testing but things have stagnated once again.

Please show me how to do this and I will stick up as many tournaments each week as people wish for and can manage.

#2 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

You're whistling in the wind mate - and watch out for the tumbleweeds.

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 November 2018 - 11:23 PM

I'm surprised they haven't offered this out to volunteers who would be happy to keep monthly events ticking over.

PP's main focus is now obviously Trackman. Even PG2 seems to be a sort of side project that no-one knows whether it will see the light of day (as Trackman will  not allow any information to be shared).

#4 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:26 PM

Perfect Parallel are sort of reverse Field Of Dreams - don't build anything or set regular Officials and we might all go away.

So, we are nearly in to the last month of 2018 and there would only be one or two predictions of 'Q4 2018' left. Oh, you silly, twisted, naive kitty kats. Just to reiterate - my prediction was 'NEVER!!'

Let's face it - if PG2 does surface it will only be PG1 with better looking grass with few (if any) innovations. 

Move on PC guys (or buy a Trackman thingy and live inside a basement).

And where's GB?

#5 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:16 PM

Move on PC guys (or buy a Trackman thingy and live inside a basement).

As opposed to buying a mouse and living in a basement?    :lol:    :)

• axe360 likes this

#6 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:57 PM

If I didn't have this dodgy arm with pinched nerves (Impossible to do the dishes apparently) and I could swing a club I wouldn't be in a basement. I'd be out in the great outdoors - sweltering in 90 degree heat and 100% humidity, paying through the nose, waiting on the 1st for half an hour, getting stuck behind a ladies foursome, losing balls, being nearly hit by a ball from some young punk in the group behind, negotiating spike marks on greens and unraked bunkers, slogging up hills, spitting out flies...

...hmmm

#7 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

Excuse me but I will state the obvious.  Third party tournaments are alive and well.  OGT (private) and PGLS offers a variety of weekly tournaments and are just as easy to access through PG.  So why should Perfect Parallel give control of their tournaments to volunteers.    Our community is well supported by volunteers (3rd party sites) already.  I see no need to be worried about PP official tournaments with our community providing that service quite well as we speak. 

• Perculator and maxie like this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#8 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Excuse me but I will state the obvious.  Third party tournaments are alive and well.  OGT (private) and PGLS offers a variety of weekly tournaments and are just as easy to access through PG.  So why should Perfect Parallel give control of their tournaments to volunteers.    Our community is well supported by volunteers (3rd party sites) already.  I see no need to be worried about PP official tournaments with our community providing that service quite well as we speak. 

And what if you are not interested in joining these organizations?   So in order for me to enjoy the tournament feature in PG, I MUST join one of these third party sites?  

• Jesus Jones likes this

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

like i posted in another forum, you know one of those off sites.

this is a great game but it has been served up just like my favorite meal

from Famous Daves BBQ on a garbage can lid.lol

w0t9co.jpg

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#10 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:03 PM

And what if you are not interested in joining these organizations?   So in order for me to enjoy the tournament feature in PG, I MUST join one of these third party sites?  

PGLS is free to join and offers a wide variety of weekly tournaments. these tournaments are well maintained, well thought out regarding set-ups, and comprehensive stats are maintained. If you are not interested in joining then you can continue to beat your head against PP's clubhouse wall and see how far that gets you. Choice is yours.

• maxie likes this

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#11 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

I agree loads of tournaments on PGLS ,dont see what the issue of not playing them as to the PG offical tournaments

#12 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

If your not interested in joining a 3rd party site then I can see the problem you have.  However that being said, how hard is it to join and play a 3rd party community site to get your tournament fix.  Your only limiting yourself by choice.  You get weekly tournaments @ the 3rd party sites, that offer a variety of different tournaments.

#13 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:21 AM

Some of you guys get all uppity just because others have different interests and express them here on these forums.  I give all the credit in the world to sites like PGLS as they take a lot of time and effort to provide this service to the folks who enjoy tournament play.  My hat is off to them and the individuals who created this service for those who enjoy this type of environment.  ie tours, ladders, etc. 

It is not hard to join third party sites and quite frankly, it is really not a "problem"...   Personally speaking, I am really not into comprehensive stats, who is -56 under, who is first on the leaderboards, etc. 

I am a member of PGLS, I gave it a go and simply lost interest for my own reasons.   No need to bore you with those details.  They are my choices, but that is not to say I won't give it another go...  but at this time and with the product we are playing with at the moment, I think it would be in the game's best interest that others had the capability of setting up tournaments.   Friends only tournaments, solo tournaments, forum users tournaments, your own MOP created tournament...I am sure many would come up with some creative and interesting tournaments that others may want to participate..   I see nothing wrong with that.   

• ✠ davef ✠, bortimus, Buck and 1 other like this

#14 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:40 AM

Rob some of this is being touched upon now but the Country Clubs have to be run through a side site PGLS

you have The Caddyshack CC weekly tourney for everyone all control methods permitted.

The Realtimers CC Handicap RTS and controllers permitted weekly tourney.

HDH weekly tourney for Pro and Tour Pro levels no controllers.

and the LZ Crew, not sure of what they are doing ,pretty quiet bunch.

so we have went in this direction but it takes a mothership such as PGLS to make it work.

• RobV likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#15 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:40 AM

Some of you guys get all uppity just because others have different interests and express them here on these forums.  I give all the credit in the world to sites like PGLS as they take a lot of time and effort to provide this service to the folks who enjoy tournament play.  My hat is off to them and the individuals who created this service for those who enjoy this type of environment.  ie tours, ladders, etc. 

It is not hard to join third party sites and quite frankly, it is really not a "problem"...   Personally speaking, I am really not into comprehensive stats, who is -56 under, who is first on the leaderboards, etc. 

I am a member of PGLS, I gave it a go and simply lost interest for my own reasons.   No need to bore you with those details.  They are my choices, but that is not to say I won't give it another go...  but at this time and with the product we are playing with at the moment, I think it would be in the game's best interest that others had the capability of setting up tournaments.   Friends only tournaments, solo tournaments, forum users tournaments, your own MOP created tournament...I am sure many would come up with some creative and interesting tournaments that others may want to participate..   I see nothing wrong with that

I agree.  As I recall the original PP concept was for the Social Site to have country clubs so players could operate their own tournaments.  That said PGLS and OGT provided tournaments and or PGA Tours as PP seemed overwhelmed with providing us a good product.  PGLS has opened there site for a country club concept as evidenced by Caddyshack and Heavy Hitter being established.   Server resources are not cheap.    

I doubt PP will every have the social site working as was planned or desired by us players.  To expect PP to delve more deeply into providing the above mentioned best interests of the game is imho a pipe dream.  I am not being negative Nancy about any part of this discussion.  I'm simply looking at this from a realistic point of view.  Nothing more.      

• RobV likes this

#16 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

...as PP seemed overwhelmed with providing us a good products

You would make a good politician Dennis

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

anyone think Santa Mike may show up with some new tourneys to play?

would be nice to see some new one's get put up.

Klipsch Sound System

#18 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 December 2018 - 03:35 PM

anyone think Santa Mike may show up with some new tourneys to play?
would be nice to see some new one's get put up.

That’s one of the things I liked about T.W.O. was the number of tournaments u could play..but how hard/time consuming is it to change?not being sarcastic but just wondering as all..

#19 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

That’s one of the things I liked about T.W.O. was the number of tournaments u could play..but how hard/time consuming is it to change?not being sarcastic but just wondering as all..

https://pgls.golflad...orums/index.php

#20 briarfox

briarfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 12:44 AM

All well and good to say play third party sites. I enjoy having a relaxing hit and like to see how I go against other players so 'tourney' play is interesting to me, however third party sites say I must play at the level they dictate (pro at present) and that is not the level I want to play at. I can also not see why it is an issue. I was playing at amateur, played a round recently before I was aware that I had been moved to pro, score was not recorded due to this, however the point is I shot -13 and was in about 40th spot playing at a level I am apparently too good for and if I play pro level lucky to make top 80 (only because around 90 play). How is that supposed to be fun - and before I get carved up and advised to practice I am just playing for fun, I do not want to spend 20 hours + a week on the driving range. If I had that sought of time and commitment I could go to a real driving range. 

• RobV likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users