5 replies to this topic

#1 Waggle

Waggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:06 AM

Hello -

I've been trying to solve PG crashing at startup and have a thread running in the Tech part of the forum but am making no progress so thought I'd check out a different approach.

I'm using SkyTrak and renewed JNPG and SkyTrak back in early November through SkyGolf and my account shows both as being paid (but maybe not properly renewed or Sim pass is not registered or...?)

I recall the renewal process was interrupted and did not go smoothly. My question is - is there any download/update of JNPG required at the yearly Sim renewal? I downloaded the game from Steam originally a year ago and it worked perfectly until a couple weeks ago and now it always crashes at startup just after the bear shows up in the lower right corner.

Have tried all software fixes.... SkyTrak software and TGC work perfectly - just JNPG is crashing. Is the download from Steam the full Sim version including Rapsodo and all Sim software components or could I be missing something due to a glitch during online renewal via SkyGolf?

Thanks very much

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

I think your best support with SkyTrak might be at OnlineGolfTour.net.  Check their forums:

https://www.onlinego...wforum.php?f=64

Check out this post specifically (not a ton of information, but ....):

https://www.onlinego...php?f=64&t=4064

Also, zmax - sim often posts this advice:

Connect to OGT JNPG Simulator Tour Discord for assistance: https://discord.gg/9yqFCBM 

#3 Waggle

Waggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:18 PM

Thanks -

I'll try through Discord. It's the most active. I had deleted it thinking it might be part of the crash issue...

#4 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Thanks -

I'll try through Discord. It's the most active. I had deleted it thinking it might be part of the crash issue...

i know that discord overlay can cause crashes in programs, but discord itself is ok, just put the overlay off.

#5 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

I know Jouhn Meyer was trying to help you yesterday. Did he have any success?

A couple years ago, I was having problems with TGC that made it unplayable. It turned out to be a bad driver for a graphics tablet. If you have not done so, I would update all device drivers to their latest version. To make it easier, you can use the free version of Driver Easy. It will be a bit slow compared to the purchased version, but you can get all of them updated.

#6 Waggle

Waggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:58 PM

Thank you - John has been great trying to help me out. I had updated the Nvidia driver pretty early on in my attempts to get PG working and was sure to get all the old bits off my machine since I heard they could still affect a new install of the latest driver. Unfortunately it did not solve the issue.  I'll probably just end up wiping my drive 100% clean and trying to reinstall after that. Hopefully it will fix things but I have my doubts. Am hearing nothing back from the PP people I've messaged unfortunately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users