• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jamieholo

Jamieholo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

Long time lurker first time poster here. 

So everyone knows about Trackman buying PP and then coincidentally no new SkyTrak licenses afterwards. Curious if anyone knows what the future brings for other hardware and JNPG. I am in the market and want to play OGT/JNPG but don't want to buy something and be cut off shortly after. So as far as I know this is how things stand currently:

SkyTrak - no new licenses as of June 2018 however JNPG license can be renewed on SkyTraks with it already

GC2 - still works through the PP interface or OGT interface 

Flightscope - there was a beta, people are playing using Flightscope, (not sure if the beta can still be had but would like to know), don't know on putting with an X3 and JNPG, curious about that as well

Trackman - as far as i know works and obviously will continue to, they have 1st party software too it seems

So long story short my question is.. will GC2 get acess to JNPG2? is it possible for Foresight and/or PP/Trackman to cut GC2 users off of JNPG1 via some software/hardware update? I would think that Flightscope is probably hopeless for having anything more then the beta. Is there a chance of a shocking change to the pricing/subscription model of JNPG with its big fancy new owners? 

If anyone can shed some light on these uncertainties that would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

Would be happy to discuss all this in OGT Discord chat.

OGT JNPG Simulator Tour Discord:    https://discord.gg/9yqFCBM

#3 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:25 PM

The future is unknown for everything. Anything could turn off tomorrow. SkyTrak can be officially renewed for "the indefinite future" - nothing is definite. 

Buy a used GC2, enjoy JNPG and OGT, sell it and lose next to nothing if something every breaks between the two or go to GC2's official software, FSX2018.

It is better to have loved and lost then never loved at all. For many have been loving for many years now and they had no certainty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users