15 replies to this topic

#1 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

How do you Aim?..How can you see where are you shooting(aiming)?.Any help much appreciated. ;)

#2 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

You aim using the top view map. or when you get close to the green you can aim clicking on the green in front of you.

• balaceanca81 likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#3 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Thanks,inDaSkies...Can u move the dot on the map left and right?..to Aim?

#4 SMoss36

SMoss36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Yes you have to click on the map to aim and it will also tell you distance and height from your current position.

#5 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Ok,cool..ty SMoss66 :) ..I'll give it a shot..or two..lol

#6 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

Isn't it a little bit unrealistic to just click on the desired landing area for aiming a shot?

I'm all for a landing cam that shows you the terrain your shot might land with a certain club. But the most realistic way to aim would be to turn your golfer certain degrees in one way or the other. I would like it as an option, because it's the way it is done in real life.

#7 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

Isn't it a little bit unrealistic to just click on the desired landing area for aiming a shot?

I'm all for a landing cam that shows you the terrain your shot might land with a certain club. But the most realistic way to aim would be to turn your golfer certain degrees in one way or the other. I would like it as an option, because it's the way it is done in real life.

The current plan is to make aiming in the overhead map available for the easier swing settings and unavailable at the more difficult levels of play.  It may even become optional at lower difficulty levels.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#8 AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

The current plan is to make aiming in the overhead map available for the easier swing settings and unavailable at the more difficult levels of play.  It may even become optional at lower difficulty levels.

Links 2003.  Elite play.  We played it, PS, all the time.  It was pretty challenging.

I think it's a good idea to allow such an option to be available (or not) to all ability levels.

Alan

#9 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

The one option I'd like to see, for all levels, modes or whatever. Is the ability to zoom to the green to get a read for pitching or approaches. It's not practical to have to use the flyby and that doesn't really show you the green in any very useful way. 

There has to be something like this in the game. Right now it's just firing blind almost into green. 

M Swing  //   N Assists

#10 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:22 PM

Earlier in development the main view would automatically zoom into the position you placed your aim marker.  However, it made it too easy to aim precisely.  So the functionality exists, it's the implementation that needs to be done to allow the up close view without being able to aim in it.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

#11 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

Earlier in development the main view would automatically zoom into the position you placed your aim marker.  However, it made it too easy to aim precisely.  So the functionality exists, it's the implementation that needs to be done to allow the up close view without being able to aim in it.

I actually think a zoom to the distance of the club you have selected would be a great option. Remember you still have to make a clean shot. Aiming with the over head map I don't care for. But options are always good.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#12 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

JoeF, where did you get that from....?

It's news to me.... I understood it to be something different.

I 'thought' we would have the option to turn AIDS on/off. I didn't know we were heading toward a difficulty setting that 'groups' various aids?

I know Mike has mentioned a MoP, but nothing has been really discussed regarding what it may entail. I honestly hope it doesn't get to the point where we have 'set' difficulties. That isn't personally my idea of what the game should dictate. Options are the direction I hope they move in.

Some may find it suitable to play with the current AIDS on Max, but not allowing Aiming in the Top Camera. Some may want NO AIDS, but allowing Aiming in the Top Camera. I hope that is going to become an option, rather than have us all line up in a Pro or higher level of play...

#13 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

May be a misinterpretation of what I remember from discussions way back when, Ian.  As you are wont to say "options, options, options".

• IanD likes this

#14 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Joe is correct we have an extensive document listing all the additons and changes to customise the options in the game and well as options still to come. These will eventually be tied into preset difficulty levels but you will still be able to customise them to play the way you want to.

#15 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

I seriously hope so Mike..... I seriously hope so... we do not ALL fit into categories...

#16 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

Have I ever posted that we need options, options and more options????

Ya, too many times to count!!

Richard

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users