7 replies to this topic

#1 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:54 PM

I had a PM regarding leaf color changes for SpeedTree. I figured this may be helpful to someone out there. I have not seen the way I do this mentioned in the past. However, I'm sure many of you may do it this way.

Several ways to do this, I'll show you why I don't like to use the "Apply and Generate Materials method with the Main Color". I am also not using the more complicated method of altering the leaf maps in Photoshop. 

For once, I think I'm going with the most straight forward approach here...

Enjoy!

• axe360, Joe Habiger, highfade and 6 others like this

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:51 AM

Been waiting for this!

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:07 AM

Another game changer.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

I'm away from Unity atm so I have to ask - will the adjustment change trees already planted?

#5 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:50 AM

Thanks! Nice tutorial and good knowledge!

Still, I prefer opening few files of leafs and branches in PS or GIMP and then make the same adjustments to all of those files. Sometimes you really need to change the colour and brightness of a tree and I think it's the only way to get good results. It's the only way to get rid of those over saturated trees also.

#6 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:24 AM

I'm away from Unity atm so I have to ask - will the adjustment change trees already planted?

All of the trees of that specific type, referencing those materials will change in the project. So, yes, all of them should change.

Obviously, if you have planted 10 different tree types, you would have to alter each of those types if you desire.

#7 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

Thanks! Nice tutorial and good knowledge!

Still, I prefer opening few files of leafs and branches in PS or GIMP and then make the same adjustments to all of those files. Sometimes you really need to change the colour and brightness of a tree and I think it's the only way to get good results. It's the only way to get rid of those over saturated trees also.

Agreed. Just depends on what the base hue is that you're trying to adjust. Sometimes, a grey or dark orange can do it in Unity. But, if it's way off, the actual leaf texture can be adjusted in an editing program.

#8 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

Great to know! Thanks for the quick tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users