6 replies to this topic

#1 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

I touched up all the cart paths in photoshop for this course, then I used the concrete texture to paint over my touched up cart paths because I hate using the splines. Now I'm faced with every single path area having these weird lines running through them even though there is not a spline on them at all? You may have to click the pics to see issue. I tried smoothing the path areas and recalculating nearby splines on a couple holes but nothing has helped so far. Thanks in advance.

Base-Profile-Screenshot-2019-02-18-14-58

Base-Profile-Screenshot-2019-02-18-14-59

Base-Profile-Screenshot-2019-02-18-15-01

#2 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

I'm not an expert like others here, but you have to go into the meshes tab adjust something. Or maybe don't bring your splines to close to the painted cart paths.

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

Are your road meshes created via Easy Roads?

If so, did you raised them up at all? Haven't watched the video in a few years but I believe you have to raise them like the other meshes, such as 0.15.

Those black lines likely only show with Dynamic Sky ON as well. It's actually the edge of the rough mesh that you are seeing but it's in the "blend" section so half of its texture is transparent.

If the road goes up slightly, it won't have the Z fighting issue and shouldn't show the black line.
  • Jwheels9876 likes this

#4 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:18 PM

Can you click through on this link?... Looks like this was in the beta forum in 2015...
Scroll down and Mike has a video in there.

http://www.perfectpa...e/?fromsearch=1

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:22 AM

Those are most likely because there is a bug in Dyn. Skies. Turn them OFF and look again.

• RobC likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#6 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 12:47 AM

turns out I needed to turn down the blend on the rough splines as it was overlapping into the cart area.

The cart paths were not splines, just touched up in photoshop to define them and then the concrete texture painted over them to make them look like real paths. I do not like the paths in the game and I am not driving around so I don't wanna waste the time splining paths and having to smooth them all out and everything 

Why drive when you can Fly (F5)  :)

• DPRoberts likes this

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:52 AM

Those are most likely because there is a bug in Dyn. Skies. Turn them OFF and look again.

I’m excited for the upcoming patch to fix that bug!
;-)
  • axe360 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users