Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:57 AM

wsI9I6s.jpgTPC Summerlin  OGT course contest entry,released

• luetze, Tresclub, LeazesNDR and 3 others like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:30 AM

Oh my.
Beautiful!!

Where may one download it from if not an OGT member?
  • Skunky likes this

#3 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:38 AM

should be up at PGLS shortly,buck.

• Buck likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#4 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

Skunky did it again :) Looks fantastic especially the surrounding areas add a really nice touch.

Looking forward to my round here!

• Skunky likes this

#5 Dace

Dace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Nice track brother keep up the great work

• Skunky likes this

#6 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

Played a multiplayer game, we all appreciated it very much. 

• Skunky likes this

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#7 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:49 AM

Did TPC Summerlin get plot routed upside down?  Only matters for wind direction, I think.

https://www.provisualizer.com/courses/tpcsummerlin.php

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

Very nice but if I was to get very critical is he can't wrap the fairway around the green and comes up short on pretty much every course he makes. I'd rather he have just that one other fairway texture he has around the fairway and green. OK two fairway textures? Makes sense to me......

Played Summerlin and Quail Hollow tonight and just really stood out.

Assembly line it seems like.... I would like you to take your time and do it right please. If it takes 5 minutes longer to wrap around the green do it please because what kind of course does this?

I'm sorry I don't like to get critical but it seems everyone says OH GREAT COURSE and constructive criticism is much better help but I still might not be that constructive even though I am trying.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#9 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:07 AM

joe, so went back and looked at both courses,wasent sure what you were talking about,i think i understand now .you prefer the fairway to completely enclose the green ,if i understand correctly.is this a playability issue for you?your the first person ive ever heard mention this.taking time to do  this isnt an issue. kingswood is a good example of the fairway encircleing the greens,if this is what your refering to.some courses i do like the look better if the fairway encompasses the greens,some i dont.

if this is a problem for anyone else ,let me know!

#10 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

It's just how I see every course I play or see on tour courses I watch on TV. Yes there might be certain holes of courses that don't run all the way up to the green but it just looks really weird. You have the other texture that surrounds it run around the green instead and it's also a fairway so that I just don't get? 

I know we have to surround the green with the fairway instead of just running right up to the green but to me it just looks weird and looked like you took a shortcut not having to do extra work but maybe that isn't the case I don't know. I'm not telling you how to design and obviously I almost always come off like a douchebag when I talk and your courses are certainly very, very good but it just looks so odd to me I can't help but say anything. Not many people want to say anything because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but sometimes it also helps, they also could just not care as much either but I usually do. After both rounds at Quail Hollow and Summerlin a few of us went to play my Hazeltine and as much as I am proud of what I did I still hate the texturing of the course. I want to fix it but I am so burnt out on designing I might never do anything about it but it does bother me. 

I value your designing and wish I could do as many courses as well but I think i'm just getting to old and i'm only 53..lol

You design how you want to design though no matter what anyone says, like I said it just looks weird to me but I never see this in real design as far as I know.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#11 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

ill keep this in mind,im fixing to completely redo quail hollow with the overlay method.you should go back and convert hazeltine to the overlay,if you have a little photoshop skill,its really not that hard.hazeltine is a great track .i can imagine how good it would look with the overlay.i hear ya ,about being burned out,im just about there myself,not sure youll see another course from me for a long time.

#12 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

BEAUTY!

• Skunky likes this

#13 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

I was also learned from designing in JN6 that you always keep the fairway running up and around the green. But I am not so sure that is how TPC Summerlin looks in real life, from the first photo I got when googling pics from the course. See this link, it looks exactly like Skunkys version of hole 1. The fairway ends a couple of yards short of the green, seen below in the picture .

summerlin-practice-facility-2.jpg

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#14 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

oh hazeltine with overlay would be great and while your in there you could fix the improper hazard drops...

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#15 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:46 PM

I'm not convinced the overlay feature is ALL THAT, sure it looks great on some courses but sorry to say it also looks pretty bad on other courses. With the new technique of wrapping the whole course in a rough texture and using buffer shapes if you use good textures it will probably look better than the overlay.

This is what I was planning on doing to Hazeltine, you have to have an outstanding overhead texture for the overlay or it looks bad.

• Buck likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

I agree Joe

It looks good when tastefully and selectively applied.

#17 Volker

Volker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSehnde, Germany

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Skunky, thank you very much for this fantastic course. Top design!

• Skunky likes this

#18 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

downloaded and played summelin 3d today,the second course i have download with over 500mbs.crashed the game three times.lag on ball landing.had to delete both courses. files appear to large for my rig. i5..1060 card.8gb ram. dont know why.

#19 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:21 AM

HILTON

i have no problems with a 1060 card, i think the issues are coming from the connection

and the distance between all playing, we where also playing with 5 people that also more then likely 

creates  more connection issues for those far from the host.

good round though buddy.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#20 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

iam on fiber.but yes you could be write dave ,i have no idea why those two courses gave me trouble.thanks and you to dave,kicked our bums,lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users