#1 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:13 AM

i suddenly have a big problem with unity.i can no longer compile a course that works in the game.so let me explain and see if anyone else has had this problem.

at the left bottom of the screen after you compile you allways get a message that shows course build.i no longer get that message.at first i thought it was the current course i was working on that was the problem,so i loaded some of my other courses into unity  and tried to compile a new version  and i confirmed ,i cant get a working version on any of them.

they do compile just fine ,everything is in the folder like its supposed to be.when you install into game they only load to 50 % and thats it.no capital letters are used ,so thats not the problem.

heres what ive done so far.i reinstalled course forge. no luck,same result.

next i reinstalled unity,again no luck.

im pretty sure ive accidently set something in unity wrong and i thought reinstalling  it would default back to original settings.but nothing has worked yet.

hope someone has some ideas to try.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

Do you have a backup of your entire project folder of unity on a previous build that works?

#3 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:14 AM

i suddenly have a big problem with unity.i can no longer compile a course that works in the game.so let me explain and see if anyone else has had this problem.

at the left bottom of the screen after you compile you allways get a message that shows course build.i no longer get that message.at first i thought it was the current course i was working on that was the problem,so i loaded some of my other courses into unity  and tried to compile a new version  and i confirmed ,i cant get a working version on any of them.

they do compile just fine ,everything is in the folder like its supposed to be.when you install into game they only load to 50 % and thats it.no capital letters are used ,so thats not the problem.

heres what ive done so far.i reinstalled course forge. no luck,same result.

next i reinstalled unity,again no luck.

im pretty sure ive accidently set something in unity wrong and i thought reinstalling  it would default back to original settings.but nothing has worked yet.

hope someone has some ideas to try.

Not sure if this would do it, but it can't hurt to check the build settings under file -> build settings:

unknown.png

No idea if that would help.

#4 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

I’ve had a similar issue several times. I have my projects on a removable SSD so I can work on my desktop in the sim room and my laptop in the house. I have a feeling it happens when there is a unity update and creates some conflict between the pcs.

#5 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

Did you recently install any assets? Or maybe there are still folders, files, entries from your old install?

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Tees and pins assigned to correct holes?

OB drawn and regenerated?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Course stops loading at 50% checklist

http://www.perfectpa...+stops +loading

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#8 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

thanks for answers,ive worked thru the list and have narrowed it down to a unity problem.my next step will be to install unity on a different hard drive as a fresh install.

by the way im on windows 10,will have to see if there was an automatic update around the time this happened.

ill post my findings. thanks guys!

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#9 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

nothing so far,not a single course new or old will compile,even after a complete reinstall.ive tried all the obvious solutions.i would like someone to try this and tell me what the settings are.go in project click on terrain ,go into debug, and go down to course script.under platform my says web player streamed. should it not say pc ,mac and linux stand alone.could one of you fine gentlemen tell me what yours says.

p.s and yes my build settings are just like stingereye has in a previous post.

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Go to File/Build Settings. Yes, it HAS to say this.

K9aaO3v.jpg

• clubcaptain likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#11 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:37 PM

Could you post a screenshot of where you referring to? Are you referring to course scripts in the inspector? If so mine doesn't mention anything about platform.

• Stingreye likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#12 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Could you post a screenshot of where you referring to? Are you referring to course scripts in the inspector? If so mine doesn't mention anything about platform.

Justin, mine is hidden too even with debug mode on.  I think Skunky can see some stuff there.

#13 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:04 AM

i will post a picture,yes mine showes more info.

#14 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

cant seem to get a screen shot.so let me say it this way .the next time you compile a course look at the very top top of the screen on the left, theres a message that says:  unity  personal ( 64 bit)  name of course  webplayer streamed directx 11,

when it finishes it says: ubity personal (64 bit) name of course Pc ,Mac & Linux Standalone. directx 11

does it allways start out as webplayer streamed and then change when it finishes.

some one watch it when they compile.im trying to figure out if my unity is stuck in the wrong build mode ,even though it showes correcty as in axe360 screenshot.

im about to give up.and delete every course project ive ever done.wipe myhard drive clean and start from scratch.

#15 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

cant seem to get a screen shot.so let me say it this way .the next time you compile a course look at the very top top of the screen on the left, theres a message that says:  unity  personal ( 64 bit)  name of course  webplayer streamed directx 11,

when it finishes it says: ubity personal (64 bit) name of course Pc ,Mac & Linux Standalone. directx 11

does it allways start out as webplayer streamed and then change when it finishes.

some one watch it when they compile.im trying to figure out if my unity is stuck in the wrong build mode ,even though it showes correcty as in axe360 screenshot.

im about to give up.and delete every course project ive ever done.wipe myhard drive clean and start from scratch.

Chagnes to this when I hit build.

unknown.png

then this:

unknown.png

and lastly back to this:

unknown.png

#16 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:31 AM

Skunky,
I think you should try and share one of your projects with a member here and see if they can create a course build from your files. Maybe it's some small random setting change that someone can detect when going through the actual project. Or, maybe looking at the errors in the project one might be able to detect an issue.

#17 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Chagnes to this when I hit build.

unknown.png

then this:

unknown.png

and lastly back to this:

unknown.png

thats what mine does also,when it finishes theres no course build.

#18 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:24 PM

Skunky,
I think you should try and share one of your projects with a member here and see if they can create a course build from your files. Maybe it's some small random setting change that someone can detect when going through the actual project. Or, maybe looking at the errors in the project one might be able to detect an issue.

i thought about that dp,but was reluctant to ask ,because i was worried it might mess up someone elses unity.im sure your right about some random setting change thats causing this.and thanks everyone for the suggestions.

#19 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

I have had an issue before where the project was 2d and not 3d but that only affected that course and not all courses.

#20 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

Are you not maybe using a newer version of Unity or accidentally updated to a newer version? 

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users