12 replies to this topic

#1 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLeduc, AB, Canada

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

is there still any plan to carry on the development of this game? are you going to finish this version? will there be a new version? dx11? or is this all that  will ever be?  we have been pateintly waiting a LONG time... cheers

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Last update of substance was end of 2017/early 2018.

Trackman purchased the company and game in fall of 2017.

Their focus is on software for their simulator customers.
It’s possbile we’ll get to tag along on a future version of the game, but it’s pure guessing on whether that’s true and or “when”.

Basically the software as it is today is what we have now and moving forward barring new information.
Thank goodness for the 3rd party course designers or I fear this long ago would have been abandoned by most of us.
  • Charles likes this

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:55 PM

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#4 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:09 PM

If they do come out with another version I hope they don't mess with the Controller swing. All it needs is to up the power loss/gain effects of the swing speed. But even as is, it's the best Controller swing I've ever played in terms of being able to control distance and ball flight with the swing itself. Sad part is the 5% of us that use Controllers have been banned from the 3rd party tours, which is about all there is to play in this game. So it's sad that this brilliant swing mechanic will never get the recognition it deserves, here.

• Buck likes this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:06 AM

@wirenut

TOTALLY agree with you.

Honestly, nothing I’ve played touches the RTS-C swing (for controllers I mean)

It’s so nuanced and fun to play. It’s amazing how much subtle control is there to be had in an otherwise deceptively simple input method.

#6 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:26 AM

why complain its still the best golf pc game on the market what more does buck want ? maybe a forum with more chit chat seems like the cryiers only want post chats i never see them in the lobby / yes BUCK you dont even play much you spemd more time forum chatting

#7 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

If they do come out with another version I hope they don't mess with the Controller swing. All it needs is to up the power loss/gain effects of the swing speed. But even as is, it's the best Controller swing I've ever played in terms of being able to control distance and ball flight with the swing itself. Sad part is the 5% of us that use Controllers have been banned from the 3rd party tours, which is about all there is to play in this game. So it's sad that this brilliant swing mechanic will never get the recognition it deserves, here.

certainly sad, but thats because it is too easy to tamper with controllers.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#8 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

certainly sad, but thats because it is too easy to tamper with controllers.

You have more methods of dialing in a mouse than a controller. It was mainly because the controller had no tempo element or missed snap for dispersion so they felt it must be to easy. Thing is, It's just a game and I didn't see any real evidence presented to justify banning the control method.

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:52 AM

You have more methods of dialing in a mouse than a controller. It was mainly because the controller had no tempo element or missed snap for dispersion so they felt it must be to easy. Thing is, It's just a game and I didn't see any real evidence presented to justify banning the control method.

Me either, especially in light of how niche and small the user base is (non Sim userbase I mean)

#10 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:03 AM

The difficulty with using a controller is controlling the distance(which has no bearing on hitting straight), and is harder given the small thumbstick and no power meter to use. But none of this was taken into consideration, just felt like we had no say or defense in the decision.

#11 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

I found and outed the steam exploit on here after finding a method to allow easier controller use in project cars 2, i wish i hadn't now.   I still feel that it should not be banned because virtually all pad users here are legit, i did suspect one or two players quite strongly but overall i found it to be very fair.  Zero axis pads are probably worse anyway.  

I agree that distance control is harder and just as important as hitting straight but i find i can totally mess up a shot when i try to take something off a full hit because i am changing the honed swing speed that i rely on to hit within 2 off plane.  Trying to take something off kinda messes with this and its easier to hit outside of 2 off plane, this is where straightness can keep you on point and has a big advantage over legit pads/methods.

I point to this 2 off plane because if you can consistently stay between on plane and 2 off plane you will become a good controller player, anything out side of this figure will see you off FW, facing long putts or chipping, so 2 is my benchmark for consistent play.

At the moment i'm not really playing much, but when i do i have get on that range and work my swing back in, sometimes it clicks quickly and sometimes it don't.  If i play every day i can keep it on or inside the 2 off plane.  It's def the best controller swing of any golf game, TGC's swing pales in comparison even with its tempo, which is decent off tee or on approach but nonsensical for the short game. 

Bottom line imo is that PGLS should relent and remove the ban on controller, they can tell who's striping on plane every shot so they should have no issue in returning the method.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#12 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

If they returned the controller to PGLS I would definitely play more again tho I would still suck in general at it. To me it's very a very hard swing especially putting but just so much more enjoyable. We can only hope as 3C is just not the same and to be honest getting boring and making me lose interest.

#13 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:14 AM

I don't use a controller (RTS-mouse here), but would definitely support bringing it back to PGLS events if it was put to a vote. Hate the thought of legit people missing out on what for many is a major motivator for playing. It might rankle with those at the very top, but for most of us - the middling majority - it's more about self-improvement and measuring up to those who score similarly. Bring it back!   

• Greensboronclion likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users