18 replies to this topic

#1 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:18 AM

Ok so I’m putting the icing the cake for Royal Melbourne am I’m struggling to get birds into the game. I know this topic has been visited before and I’ve tried all the suggestions to no avail. I have the flocking birds asset and never had an issue with it before. I have noticed that the scripts are only c# now.
Note the following:
-The birds appear in game view but not in PP
-All assets on are default layer
-I’ve tried copying over JavaScripts and items from other projects
Please help as I’m trying to wrap up 12 months of works and I’m pulling my hair out.
Many thanks

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

Start again and remove any trace of bird flocks from assets and the hierarchy. Import the bird flock bundle again and untick the scripts folders so that none are imported. The bird flock folder set up in the assets should be as per this screenie. Note that the scripts folder is empty.

https://i.postimg.cc...s-in-assets.jpg

I'll put the JS files needed (seven) onto Dropbox. When downloaded place them into Standard assets/scripts. Note that the 4 C# scripts must be present as well.

https://i.postimg.cc...n-stdassets.jpg

You should be good to go.

The most important thing is to make sure you leave nothing behind from the previous installation.

Here is the JS files link https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

Thanks Clubcaptain,
That’s extremely helpful.
I’ll give a crack and report back.
I did re import the original JavaScripts from another project but still had no success.

#4 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

I made this tutorial a couple years ago. Should help

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#5 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:20 AM

Thanks Jimbobh,
I referred to this on previous projects with success.
No luck this time however.

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:30 AM

Thanks Clubcaptain,
That’s extremely helpful.
I’ll give a crack and report back.
I did re import the original JavaScripts from another project but still had no success.

Like you I had used bird flocks many times with no problem. Then I hit the same issues as you. Apart from getting the right files in the right place what got me was leaving remnants present from the first try. As a precaution use the search facility in the hierarchy and look for "flock". It turned up something I'd missed. I deleted what the search found and my new installation went fine.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:48 AM

I remember having to revert to a different

Standard Assets folder, copied from a project

where my birds did work when I ran into

this problem. All I know is that it worked.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

Which bird flock are you trying to use? I just tried the Seagull Flock and worked perfectly in Unity and PP just by deleting all of the C# files.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#9 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:27 AM

Yeah I have the seagulls.
Didn’t delete the c# scripts however

#10 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

"untick the scripts folders so that none are imported."

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#11 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:42 PM

Has this been resolved? And what did or didn't work? Thanks

• clubcaptain likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#12 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:59 AM

I'm reviving this old thread to see if anyone has found a solution to getting the bird flock asset working with Perfect Golf? I'm finishing up a course design and this is one of the last items I wanted to add to it. I purchased the Sparrow bird flock:

https://assetstore.u...bird-flock-3897

I followed Mike's suggestion of moving the scripts to the Standard Assets folder and making sure the objects are set to the default layer. Everything works great within Unity, but the birds don't show up in Perfect Golf.

After reading another thread regarding problems with the bird flock packages, I also tried the suggestion of moving the entire bird flock asset to the Standard Assets script folder. When I do that, I get a series of Unity errors that prevent the course from being compiled.

The latest version of this package only uses C# scripts, so I'm not sure if the lack of Javascripts is part of the problem.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 

#13 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

Here is my old answer to this problem and it works. Bolded and red parts are the most important ones.

If you ain't got java scripts, you are in trouble.

Here we go.

1. Delete the whole Bird Flock and all the files that came with it from Assets folder or from it's sub folders (IMPORTANT: scripts must be destroyd too!!!!). This doesn't destroy your flock boxes in scene, they just dissapear for a while from the screen.

2. Go to asset store from Unity and select the download symbol from the top of the window. You can see all your downloads from Unity asset store. Select Bird Flock Bundle and press import. Then you will have a window where you can check and uncheck assets. UNCHECK all the C-sripts in the cripts folder and then press Import.

3. Now you have the Bird Flock again in your assets folder but no scripts. Now go to the C# Scripts folder and double click the JS script package and import those java scripts. They will go to the Scripts folder of your bird flock. Now your bird flock boxes should appear again to the scene.

4. Drag those .js script to the Standard asset => Scripts folder.

You are done.

#14 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

The current version of the bird flocks don't include the js scripts but I can provide them if needed.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#15 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:34 AM

I'm reviving this old thread to see if anyone has found a solution to getting the bird flock asset working with Perfect Golf? I'm finishing up a course design and this is one of the last items I wanted to add to it. I purchased the Sparrow bird flock:

https://assetstore.u...bird-flock-3897

I followed Mike's suggestion of moving the scripts to the Standard Assets folder and making sure the objects are set to the default layer. Everything works great within Unity, but the birds don't show up in Perfect Golf.

After reading another thread regarding problems with the bird flock packages, I also tried the suggestion of moving the entire bird flock asset to the Standard Assets script folder. When I do that, I get a series of Unity errors that prevent the course from being compiled.

The latest version of this package only uses C# scripts, so I'm not sure if the lack of Javascripts is part of the problem.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 

Brian. Good to see you after so long from GBC and CPG. Look at my post above. It's vital that you delete every last little file from the hierarchy. As I said using the search function will find any elusive ones.  Only the js files will work. Start afresh by deleting the bird flock bundle from the project panel and remove anything you've placed in the standard assets folder that's connected to the bird flock. Re-install the bird flock in the project panel but don't import the C# files then drag the js files to the scripts folder in standard assets as per this screenie.

birdflocks.jpg

The js files are here https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#16 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:44 AM

Thank you very much Dropzone and Clubcaptain. I had previously tried out the Javascripts you had posted and still didn't have any luck getting the birds to work. I went through the process again tonight and they finally show up in Perfect Golf. Your help is much appreciated.

• Dropzone73 likes this

#17 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:59 AM

Glad it worked. Several of us have hit the brick wall on this.

PC specs...

Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#18 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

Thank you very much Dropzone and Clubcaptain. I had previously tried out the Javascripts you had posted and still didn't have any luck getting the birds to work. I went through the process again tonight and they finally show up in Perfect Golf. Your help is much appreciated.

So does that mean us 7 will be able to play a beta of _____________ on Friday night finally..lol? 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#19 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:40 PM

One more thanks to Clubcaptain for still providing these js files! I gave one of the "Unluck" bird packs from the assetstore a go and really love it how it instantly adds some life to a course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users