Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

2egSFd1.jpg
BapmzUm.jpg
converted to 3d grass,nothing else was changed.love this course by alistar mckinzie.FPS is not steller,so i play with dynamic skys off,with a few tweaks of the sliders it looks amazing,these screenies are with it off.should be posted to PGLS in the next few hours.enjoy!
  • luetze, Joe Habiger, Tresclub and 4 others like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:52 PM

Thanks!

Ken

#3 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:00 PM

The 3d grass blends in very nicely! And i also think the grass really starts to shine with dynamic sky off and adjusted lighting/shadowing done in Unity. Overall a little too much saturation for my personal taste on this course, but everybody can adjust this to his taste in game to some amount.

#4 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:34 AM

well i have to admit,with dynamic sky off it looks great ,with it on it looks pretty bad,depending on time of day.back to the drawing board.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#5 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

One of my favorite courses. The colors are so strong it almost hurts my eyes! :lol: Keep working at it though and make it Great!

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#6 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:54 PM

Actually if people can believe this I'm actually coming to his defense. Augusta was oversaturated and this might just be a tad but if I was him i'd leave it as is. I do not play with dynamic skys on as those clouds look like crap so I could care less what it looks like there.

If you can believe this or not even though I have had this on my drive for awhile I have never played it and this is the first time. I have played other versions from other games but I could even remember how the course looked only that I knew it was beautiful. 

Skunky, this ****** course is incredible and the amount an attention to put into it made it a work of art IMO. Just an FYI, my screen did not look like his screenshots which are oversaturated, i'm sure all of our monitors are different in brightness or saturation, contrast and such. We can adjust this is game if it is too much or too little, this is at saturation %70 in-game and 4k as you can tell by the image overlay of the FPS upper right but I always downsize my images for forums. If it drops to low I just drop to 2560x1440 in-game and my frames just by 20 and is still in 2k.

k4Rc6ny.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:10 PM

Actually if people can believe this I'm actually coming to his defense. Augusta was oversaturated and this might just be a tad but if I was him i'd leave it as is. I do not play with dynamic skys on as those clouds look like crap so I could care less what it looks like there.

If you can believe this or not even though I have had this on my drive for awhile I have never played it and this is the first time. I have played other versions from other games but I could even remember how the course looked only that I knew it was beautiful. 

Skunky, this ****** course is incredible and the amount an attention to put into it made it a work of art IMO. Just an FYI, my screen did not look like his screenshots which are oversaturated, i'm sure all of our monitors are different in brightness or saturation, contrast and such. We can adjust this is game if it is too much or too little, this is at saturation %70 in-game and 4k as you can tell by the image overlay of the FPS upper right but I always downsize my images for forums. If it drops to low I just drop to 2560x1440 in-game and my frames just by 20 and is still in 2k.

k4Rc6ny.jpg

Joe

i got the same monitor you have listed but i don't use it for the computer, how's these new

3DG courses look in 4k. im using a MSI 32in curve for my monitor that is 144Hz return

which im very happy with but i will be moving in the next few months and im thinking about going to the 4k at that time.

would there be that much of a difference?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

The only difference is you'd see better because of the bigger monitor. With that 32 inch are you in 2k (2560x1440?) if not then i still think you would see a good increase in CRISPNESS from 1080P.

Only my 27 inch I had 1080P was great and nice and crisp but when you go up in size of monitors/tv's 1080p starts to look fuzzy and that is where 4k helps because it returns the crispness of the image. 144Hz might be nice but was probably just a marketing play for the most part. All my frames are above 50 and no stutter so I have no idea if I'd be able to tell a difference. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

im in 1080 i do get a fine pic.

from what im understanding i would only see a size increase. not really much more?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#10 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

The 3D grass looks fine with Dynamic off. Actually too perfect for my liking. Artificial grass is so realistic looking nowadays that you almost have to touch it to determine whether it is real or not. I have a friend that just put an artificial lawn down in his front yard and it looks very attractive, but in my mind too flawless. In a golf course environment, dealing with larger areas it comes across as being a little unrealistic looking for me. I might add however, I am viewing this on a 60" screen which would of course have a greater viewing impact. Anyway, different strokes for different folks right? I don't know if any designers gives a course a more natural and realistic look as far as blending grass textures for  rough , fairway and greens than Rob. He is the Dude as far as I am concerned.

#11 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

thanks guy, i had mark pull this version on pgls,just wasent working to my liking,and i discovered all the cypress trees had no collision propertys,so a new version is coming soon which will address all issues.and dont pay to much attention to the screenies the oversaturation is from photoshop.ill post some straight from the game.
  • Joe Habiger likes this

#12 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

I actually thought it was fine (saturation) and i'm just not sucking up either..lol

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#13 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

your right joe,theres nothing wrong with the color in the game.i wont change that,but the trees had to be addressed,there are about 6 holes that its very important that you have to hit the ball very straight to avoid the cypress trees.this new version has made the course much tougher.,should be out in the next day or so,gota make sure this one is right.

• Joe Habiger likes this

#14 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:35 PM

Pasatempo has always been one om favorite courses to play, but the 3dg version is at a whole new level of immersion for me. Skunks has been a first rate designer from the start and he never disappoints me. Thanks mate for sharing you talents with the JNPG community.
  • Tresclub likes this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#15 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:36 AM

The 3D grass looks fine with Dynamic off. Actually too perfect for my liking. Artificial grass is so realistic looking nowadays that you almost have to touch it to determine whether it is real or not. I have a friend that just put an artificial lawn down in his front yard and it looks very attractive, but in my mind too flawless. In a golf course environment, dealing with larger areas it comes across as being a little unrealistic looking for me. I might add however, I am viewing this on a 60" screen which would of course have a greater viewing impact. Anyway, different strokes for different folks right? I don't know if any designers gives a course a more natural and realistic look as far as blending grass textures for  rough , fairway and greens than Rob. He is the Dude as far as I am concerned.

hey jurgie,i agree with you about rob,if i had his talent i would have 100  courses,i have the  will and the drive,just not the same set of skills.(not looking for compliments here) every time i build one i learn something new,then i have to go back and put it on my other courses,so i have a liftime of work. lol!

#16 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:15 AM

hey jurgie,i agree with you about rob,if i had his talent i would have 100  courses,i have the  will and the drive,just not the same set of skills.(not looking for compliments here) every time i build one i learn something new,then i have to go back and put it on my other courses,so i have a liftime of work. lol!

Don't sell yourself short Skunky. You have amazing designing talent as well. Creating a course rendition where everything visually comes together where it almost looks like a photograph is a rare talent that not too many designers are blessed with. We are lucky here because we have more than several people that have that talent. I have always cherished designed courses that display realism to the point where you almost believe that you are playing the actual course. 

#17 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:13 AM

Where do i find the 3dg version???

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:35 AM

Where do i find the 3dg version???

Kenny

here is skunkys download, the copy at PGLS has been hidden

because he needs to fix some trees, so there will be another download soon

but this one is playable .

https://drive.google...YmLEqIDNab/view

• balaceanca81 likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#19 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

Cheers Dave

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#20 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts