Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:12 AM

KUT4CWi.jpg
wanted to add 3d grass to quail hollow.but lost the previous version in a hard drive failure.thanks to larry kuh,new Lidar was available,with all the recent changes.so i have rebuilt the course from scratch,with overlay method and 3dg.should have this one done in the next few weeks.
NGA2Nll.jpg
the greens are much more accurate,and the course plays much harder than the previous version.
  • Arsam, luetze, KenR and 13 others like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:29 AM

Looks gorgeous!

#3 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:59 AM

Wow Quade, this looks like a typical case of bad luck turned into a great opportunity. Can't wait to tee it up. Great effort! :wub:

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#4 curtis rogers

curtis rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

This looks amazing.

#5 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:58 PM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

built from the ground up with new updated lidar.this is a very challangeing course.everyone enjoy!

• LeazesNDR likes this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

#6 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

built from the ground up with new updated lidar.this is a very challangeing course.everyone enjoy!

Man! This is one motha of a course from the C-tees! The first hole is a monster!! :o  I rate this course as tough as Augusta. Especially with faster greens this course will be a serious 'bruiser'! :blink: You really have to know were to hit your shots here and -again- especially on the greens, otherwise your dead in the water. And now, with 3DG fully implemented the course looks absolutely stellar. What a great effort Quade. One of your best. Your Augusta was already 5-star and this one is sharing in the glory. Both are some of the tougest courses out there. Majestic!! B)

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#7 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

thanks charles,the updated lidar was such a factor in the remake.i will be intrested to see scores posted at PGLS for a tournament. ;)

#8 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:22 PM

Does anyone get pop-up textures on the ground (as seen in the below picture) that go away the closer to the camera they get?  I've seen this on the majority of Skunky's overlay courses and wasn't sure if it was just on my end or not.  I don't notice this on some other courses using the overlay method (like the recent Royal Melbourne beta).

48723746313_da5e2455ff_o.jpg

Also, I've noticed the 3DG on Skunky's courses can't be seen from much further than 40-50 feet in front of your player.  The 3DG gets rather sparse the farther away you are from the player until it's gone completely.  It also doesn't seem as full as other courses with 3DG.  I'm not sure if the 3DG settings were lowered by Skunky to keep the fps down, but it is a noticeable difference (comparing it to Scioto below).  You can easily see the grass texture below the 3DG on Quail close to the camera but hardly at all on Scioto

48724077756_c4f1d143fc_o.jpg

Just a couple things to look into Skunky if you happen to make any other changes to your courses in the future.  They look/play absolutely amazing otherwise!

#9 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:49 AM

c2u9yhQ.jpgso i added thicker grass,i agree it looks better.will continue to expireiment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users